• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
Hope England put a slip in here for Giles v Symonds
Don't know whether it would be much use, with the line Giles is bowling. They could definitely use one or two around the bat though, Symonds doesn't look terribly comfortable.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adamc said:
Don't know whether it would be much use, with the line Giles is bowling. They could definitely use one or two around the bat though, Symonds doesn't look terribly comfortable.
Well whatever, England should go after the likes of Symonds early on.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I dont think the batting is as easy at Headingly as the comemntators are making out. Agreed England are bowling very well but even 260 will be a top notch score according to me.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
I dont think the batting is as easy at Headingly as the comemntators are making out. Agreed England are bowling very well but even 260 will be a top notch score according to me.
Thats right, if Australia do get a 260 score with Australia having 3 spinners in thier line-up it could be a struggle for England.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pratyush said:
The Aussies might be looking for more than 260 then, seeing as this match is happening at Edgbaston...... :D

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:

It really has no bearing how easy batting is at Headingly

That said, I think Australia will score to many, and Vaughan bowling himself doesn't look like its helping

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Barney Rubble said:
The Aussies might be looking for more than 260 then, seeing as this match is happening at Edgbaston...... :D
:D

260 would be a competitive score, whatever the venue this is according to me

*runs away*

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Martyn really is scoring a little slowly. Fair enough playing the anchor role, but an SR of about 55 really is too low. Even an anchor should look to score at 65-70 so the others can go at 80-120.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Harmison gets Martyn caught at third man by Pietersen, the plan worked again, great catch apparently, although a little debatable. Interesting to see how Clarke does, might be a little rusty.