• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Good bowling and all, but to be honest it's a bit disappointing (though not surprising) to see the commentators variously deifying Jones or criticising Hayden after the throwing-the-ball-at-Hayden incident. If it had been say, Brett Lee to Michael Vaughan, I can't help but think that the reaction would've been different.

Anyway, very interesting match thus far. Ponting looking half-decent at the moment, hopefully he can make his first decent score of the series. Australia would be hoping for 270 or so I imagine, especially after the ICC Trophy match, though it may be different under lights. Ponting getting stuck into Harmison as I type.

Oh, and KP... what was that?! :p

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Barney Rubble said:
You think? I think he's looking a different player, a far better and more consistent one with more strings to his bowling bow - he had potential before the injury but showed few signs of fulfilling it. Now he's coming to fruition at the perfect time.
Yes I concur. I meant he's getting his confidence back all the time,for a while he didn't seem to be attacking the crease like his old self.
Summat like that. I know what I mean. :huh:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The last ball of the over by Jones was very good. Slower ball with late coming into the batsman. The batsman Martyn wanted to go for a swing but had to restrict himself for a single.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pedro Delgado said:
Yes I concur. I meant he's getting his confidence back all the time,for a while he didn't seem to be attacking the crease like his old self.
Oh yeah, you're certainly right there - I don't think he would have relished a battle with Matthew Hayden quite so much as he did today if it had happened a year ago. He didn't have the confidence. It's good to see him improving all the time.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The commentators Allott and Botham saying the regulations were needed and not saying it was controversial or any thing.

This is very poor indeed. Should give a neutral view with a what they feel rather than making out as its such a great move as if every one likes the same idea.

They are even saying they hope it will be applied in the finals. Very poor not giving the whole picture.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
The commentators Allott and Botham saying the regulations were needed and not saying it was controversial or any thing.

This is very poor indeed. Should give a neutral view with a what they feel rather than making out as its such a great move as if every one likes the same idea.

They are even saying they hope it will be applied in the finals. Very poor not giving the whole picture.
well i quite clearly heard Botham say "I think it's a great idea"

I don't think they were saying they should be applied in the final either, more likely the Natwest Challenge

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
superkingdave said:
well i quite clearly heard Botham say "I think it's a great idea"

I don't think they were saying they should be applied in the final either, more likely the Natwest Challenge
Sorry yes Natwest Challenge. I keep getting confused with Natwest Challenge and natwest final.

Yes they said it should eb applied in the Natwest Challenge and the 'think' part I didntnotice but did they say about the controversial aspect or any thing? No.

They hailed it as a very good move infact without putting down the negatives or even the fact that there has been some opposition to it from fans, former players..

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Gough back... same result first ball. Martyn certainly timing the ball much better than he was the other day, could be in for another big innings today.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The ball is on the off stump. So what does Martyn do? He just moves to the off side and plays the ball to the leg for the runs possible.

Brilliant and shows he is in very good touch.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Gough back... same result first ball. Martyn certainly timing the ball much better than he was the other day, could be in for another big innings today.
Sad to say, Gough's looking a bit of a pie-chucker today. There's a lot of talk on the radio about how he doesn't pose enough of a threat to be opening the bowling nowadays, which I think is probably right. Until today his ER has been OK, but he's looking horribly vulnerable to players looking to get after him on a good track.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Giles could probably claim some credit for that wicket, as much as I hate seeing him bowl maidens outside leg stump. Australia should still be looking to score quickly though, a long batting lineup today.