• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
wpdavid said:
Really? When was that?
In some other league one day match some bowler threw it back at the batsman but the batsman didnt react. I am almost sure.

A lot of mind games being played in this game. Hardly a meaningless game. One of the most interesting one day games I have seen already with the field placings, the intensity and stuff.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
SpaceMonkey said:
I know he's got a dodgy hip, but Giles seems to be running backwards.
Doesn't he always? :D

Jones gets Hayden as I type, big wicket and Jones has won the battle. A great start with the new ball for SPJ!

Barney Rubble

International Coach
If I was Vaughan, I'd be tempted to bowl Jones out through his whole ten - he's got into some rhythm now, and with Goughie having eight overs left, it might be useful to get Jones gone early while he's bowling well, don't want him losing his rhythm at the end and getting carted, ruining his figures and the team's.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
There was no way England weren't going to stand up and be counted this summer, good to see. Still need talent to back it up though, otherwise SA would never lose a game would they. Every game Jones is looking more and more like the player he was before the terrible injury.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
There was talk of Gough losing his opening bowling spot before today cos although he was economic (hehe) he wasnt getting wickets. I think his 2 overs today have pretty much put him down the bowling order to first change for the final.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pedro Delgado said:
There was no way England weren't going to stand up and be counted this summer, good to see. Still need talent to back it up though, otherwise SA would never lose a game would they. Every game Jones is looking more and more like the player he was before the terrible injury.
You think? I think he's looking a different player, a far better and more consistent one with more strings to his bowling bow - he had potential before the injury but showed few signs of fulfilling it. Now he's coming to fruition at the perfect time.