• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
FaaipDeOiad said:
Anyway, tips for tonight? I'm interested in seeing how England go if they have to bat first, since they haven't done so against Australia in a long time, and they seem to prefer to chase.

Anyway, picking an Australian win.
Sticking your neck out there Faaip :D

Clarke in for Watson, Vaughan returns in place of Solanki and Dazzler back for the Littlewoods Underwear Model.

Aus win toss and elect to bat. Ohhhhh dear. Ahem, sticking my neck out, I'll go for an Aus win.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fairly meaningless game with the final coming up, but it'd be nice to see the taff bowl straight among some interesting little skirmishes.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It looks like Gilchrist & Hayden have decided to make a few points of their own, judging by Gough's first over. Shades of 2001, when, after being more circumspect for the first couple of games, the Aus batters really took the mick in the 3rd one and set up a psychological advantge that they took into the tests and never relinquished.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Scaly piscine said:
Fairly meaningless game with the final coming up, but it'd be nice to see the taff bowl straight among some interesting little skirmishes.
This game, even the finals are all build up to the Ashes really. So all the psychological points which can be gained are up for grabs.

So not entirely meaningless.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Barney Rubble said:
Gilchrist for a hundred today - hopefully I'll jinx him again, but I've got a feeling this time.....

Almost did with that magnificent delivery bowled by Jones.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Already some psychological ploys being applied with around the wicket bowling for Gilchrist and the offside fielding for Hayden near the pitch.

Making the batsmen think differently, make them do things out of routine.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jones did deserve that wicket of Gilly.

England playing to a plan and keeping Australia in the ropes with good deliveries.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Barney Rubble said:
Gilchrist for a hundred today - hopefully I'll jinx him again, but I've got a feeling this time.....
Another successful jinxing!! Gilchrist c Jones b Jones 19! :D

Ponting for a hundred too........

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Hayden and Jones going at it after Jones hits Hayden in the chest with an unnecessary return throw - bloody hell, if those two get into a fight there will be carnage.

Next ball from Jones to Hayden is a high-speed bouncer is my thinking.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
Along the same lines, Gooch to not get shot/maimed/run over by a bus.
Haha :D

Shane Warne to not suffer from a disease which makes his fingers drop off between now and July 21......