• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Ashraful doing well again here, but playing some insane shots in the process. He just tried to flick a short ball outside off stump over his shoulder to fine leg, and hit it into his own helmet.
I must confess that when I saw him plunder 20 off a Brett Lee over my first thought wasn't about how well Ashraful was batting or how poorly Lee was (appparently) bowling - it was 'What on earth is going to happen next? Something remarkable, no doubt' - and it was.

He blocked a ball from Shane Watson.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
I must confess that when I saw him plunder 20 off a Brett Lee over my first thought wasn't about how well Ashraful was batting or how poorly Lee was (appparently) bowling - it was 'What on earth is going to happen next? Something remarkable, no doubt' - and it was.

He blocked a ball from Shane Watson.
Even more amazing is that Watson has bowled two rather good deliveries this spell. ;)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Holy crap.

Brad Hogg absolutely ripped three of his balls that over. First should have been a wicket except Ponting decided not to put a slip in again.

But, man, there's some turn in this wicket as well.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Holy crap.

Brad Hogg absolutely ripped three of his balls that over. First should have been a wicket except Ponting decided not to put a slip in again.

But, man, there's some turn in this wicket as well.
Good call

From my match report, I've just written this...

Ricky Ponting immediately slammed the stable door by bringing a slip into play, but the horse was rapidly disappearing over the horizon.

Writing for CW is a labour of love :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
You have to hit the ball with the bat, not your hip, for it to be a chance.
Hmm. Looked like he hit it to me, both at first glance and on the replay. Only looked at the replay once, mind you.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tooextracool said:
well to be honest, i havent watched too many of his performances in ODIs recently, actually i havent watched too many ODIs either. there have been occasions though in ODIs in the past where hes bowled just as well as he did yesterday, only to bowl miserably in the test series after that. nonetheless there isnt much doubt that if he continues to bowl the way he bowled yesterday for the rest of the series, and kaspa and/or gillespie(i'd probably favour kaspa over gillespie) continue to be miserable that he deserves to start ahead of them in the ashes series.
FINALLY TEC .....acknowledgement of Lee's bowling. Told you he was more dangerous than previous years