• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Barney Rubble said:
:laugh: :laugh:

I'd love it to happen, just to hear what Richard had to say!

I actually rate Solanki higher than some people - I still don't rate him highly, but I don't quite think he's as utterly rubbish as some seem to believe. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a few runs here.
He's a very, very talented player - no one will deny that.

His problems lie mentally in terms of shot selection. When he plays decisively, and is confident in what he's trying to do - but too often he gets caught between the extremes of whacking it and blocking it, tries to do both, ends up doing neither and swishes it to gully.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe one or two more from McGrath here, and I'd get Watson on, while the pressure is still on England. Give him a couple to see what he can do.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Maybe one or two more from McGrath here, and I'd get Watson on, while the pressure is still on England. Give him a couple to see what he can do.
yeah that would be a good idea, it will be interesting to see how Watson will bowl in this situation if Ponting does bring him on that soon.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
He's a very, very talented player - no one will deny that.

His problems lie mentally in terms of shot selection. When he plays decisively, and is confident in what he's trying to do - but too often he gets caught between the extremes of whacking it and blocking it, tries to do both, ends up doing neither and swishes it to gully.
That's an extremely concise and very correct summary of his batting! I think the reason my opinion of him is different because I happen to have been watching when he's done well, and missed his horrid dismissals. I saw his hundred in the C&G Final, and his hundred against South Africa a couple of years ago, and missed some of his shocking innings last summer.

He's quite good at inventing shots, at least - I think he can reasonably lay claim to be the inventor of what was called the "charge-pull", last summer v NZ I think.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Solanki looks classy when he's playing shots. He just has to play them a little more frequently. RRR shouldn't be too much of a bother though, with Flintoff and KP, as long as they keep it under 7 for most of the innings.