• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia were 3-96 in the 22nd over, so England are still in a reasonable position here - potentially only 20 or 30 behind Australia at the same stage.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I think there's a danger the Aussies could really underestimate Solanki here. If they keep concentrating on getting Flintoff out, it may give Solanki the opportunity to play a few of the shots he knows he is capable of. He just needs to get the confidence to go on the attack - he's destroyed far better bowlers than Hogg and Watson at county level.

PY

International Coach
Methink Freddie might go orbital sometime soon because I can't see him being able to resist short-pitched bowling from a spinner....

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barney Rubble said:
I think there's a danger the Aussies could really underestimate Solanki here. If they keep concentrating on getting Flintoff out, it may give Solanki the opportunity to play a few of the shots he knows he is capable of. He just needs to get the confidence to go on the attack - he's destroyed far better bowlers than Hogg and Watson at county level.
true, but all the same, it's obviously better for the aussies for flintoff to be out than solanki

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Hogg appeals like he's having a orgasm, decent appeal, but we see appeals like that turned down quite a lot off spinners when they look decent

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
superkingdave said:
Hogg appeals like he's having a orgasm, decent appeal, but we see appeals like that turned down quite a lot off spinners when they look decent
Aleem Dar generally gives those, mind - omens with us, maybe? :)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
andyc said:
true, but all the same, it's obviously better for the aussies for flintoff to be out than solanki
Obviously. I'm sure they'd take it if you offered them the wicket of Flintoff at the expense of a few boundaries from Solanki - they just have to keep an eye on Solanki and not let him do a Dravid-esque "wow, he's got 60 already? He's barely played a shot" job.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Symonds should come on now and bowl some off-spin. Try and knock over these middle overs so Gillespie can return.

edit: got it again. :)

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I think Ponting should give Lee a bowl at Flintoff, has i type excellent fielding thier by Hussey.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I think this partnership have done extremely well to score at 4.1 an over, having come together at 6-3 off 4 or so. It'll still take a while for the initiative to be back with us, though.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Watson not having a good time, ought to bring on Symonds for a few quick overs I think. Just wondering, how come Hogg doesn't rush through his overs anymore? He used to bowl as though he had to complete the over in sixty seconds, never noticed him actually taking his time before this series. Some excellent fielding from Hussey.