• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barney Rubble said:
Cheers guys - don't think I was looking too hard!

Starts with a maiden - not too bad so far.
i don't know about you, but i like my maidens to go for no runs, not one :p

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Symonds will go after Collingwood hopefully, although Collingwood does have the form with the ball... :wacko:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
Not sure about bringing Collingwood on really, England have got 5 full-time bowlers who're all doing perfectly well.
I guess Tres has got to give him the chance after what he did to the Bangles. He did get Mohammad Ashraful out after all, he must be pretty good....... :D

chipmonk

U19 Debutant
Barney Rubble said:
Cheers guys - don't think I was looking too hard!

Starts with a maiden - not too bad so far.
I think one of the pacies would have more chance of getting another wicket when aussie are under pressure. Giles is allowing aussie to slowly get back to the grove IMO

chipmonk

U19 Debutant
Adamc said:
Better to bring him on sooner rather than later, since Australia will be playing cautiously now having just lost two wickets. If they brought him on when Symonds was settled, he could be expensive; right now, he could probably expect to go for 30 or 40 off his 10 overs.
Good point ! :D .... Take ten and come to the front of the class !!! :)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
chipmonk said:
I think one of the pacies would have more chance of getting another wicket when aussie are under pressure. Giles is allowing aussie to slowly get back to the grove IMO
Fair point, but he's got to bowl the bulk of his overs sometime - and England would, I'm sure, rather it wasn't in the last twelve to fifteen overs.

andyc

chipmonk said:
giles? his 3 overs have gone for 8 runs!

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
20 overs to go, seven wickets in hand... Australia really have to make something happen soon. 270 should be a minimum, but they're going to have to start playing some shots.

Scaly piscine

Too many easy runs off Collingwood as I expected, I just don't see the point in giving a team 6 an over at this point in the game when you've got 5 full time bowlers.

chipmonk

U19 Debutant
Scaly piscine said:
Too many easy runs off Collingwood as I expected, I just don't see the point in giving a team 6 an over at this point in the game when you've got 5 full time bowlers.
exactly .... england should Shove home the advantage whilst australia are on the back foot .... I think tresco missed the trick here.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Loony BoB said:
Just looking at the live career stats - who do you guys think will have a higher average at the end of this series - Pietersen or Hussey? As of this moment...
Code:
Name          Mat    I  NO  Runs  HS     Ave 100  50   Ct  St
MEK Hussey      8    6   5   229  84  229.00   0   2    4   0
KP Pietersen   15   10   6   649 116  162.25   3   3    8   0
I'd take the lower average and the 3 hundreds :)

As for who'll have the lower average, probably Pietersen

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Symonds spanks Tremlett away for four. Big period now, if Symonds gets going Australia could make a big total. England will want to get him out soon.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
Tremlett is back to replace Colly - Colly's bowled enough overs to mean one of the front-liners doesn't have to bowl their full 10 if they get attacked later on, so that'll do from him.