• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
chipmonk said:
he would have done even better if australia are down 5 wickets when he comes on.
Then maybe Harmison should be bowling instead of Collingwood, Giles isn't letting them back in. He's 5-1-14-0 economy 2.80.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think we're looking around 255 as a score which would set the run chase as evenly-poised - fingers crossed Giles can get through 10 for 35 and maybe a couple of scalps to boot to strangle the accumulation and prevent too much of a slog-out at the end.

Another intriguingly poised game - hope the rest of the summer's as close.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
I think we're looking around 255 as a score which would set the run chase as evenly-poised - fingers crossed Giles can get through 10 for 35 and maybe a couple of scalps to boot to strangle the accumulation and prevent too much of a slog-out at the end.

Another intriguingly poised game - hope the rest of the summer's as close.
255 would have to see England as favourites, really. Symonds finally taking on Giles, a lot more of that needed.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Giles 6th goes for 10.

Tremlett's height gives him a really great yorker. If he can put them in the right spot enough he could be a very good death bowler.

chipmonk

U19 Debutant
Gloucefan said:
Then maybe Harmison should be bowling instead of Collingwood, Giles isn't letting them back in. He's 5-1-14-0 economy 2.80.
I agree that Giles has bowled economically ..... but my point is Trasco had a rare opportunity where Australia were on the defensive with 2 new batsman.... he should have attacked more and perhaps got a few more wickets .....

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Someone ought to tell Martyn in the drinks break that he is allowed to swing his bat, instead of this tap-and-occasionally-run business he's persisting with. Either hit out, or get Hussey in.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Australia will be hoping for around 270 now, I think. That's 110 off the last 15 overs, which will take a big effort. With no Clarke, there's just Hussey now and then Watson, so these two are the key. If Symonds bats to 50 then 270 will come easily of course, if he gets out I think England will have a pretty straightforward chase.

Having no "fifth bowler" certainly looks like a big advantage for England now.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
chipmonk said:
Great 8-) Tresco brings tremlett after Giles and Collingwood has given the aussie batsman sufficient Orientation. :huh:
Right.

So you would have gone for the kill and bowled your four main-line seamers out within 40 overs, eh?

I think when your head flapped up and down your brain fell out

/Blooming Canadians
//I watch too much South Park
///It's all true

Barney Rubble

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
Right.

So you would have gone for the kill and bowled your four main-line seamers out within 40 overs, eh?

/Blooming Canadians
///It's all true
You are a racist, buddy....... :D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
luckyeddie said:
Right.

Granted I don't agree with his tactic, it isn't that silly. Going for the attack may have worked. Whilst I think bringing on Giles was the right move, it wouldn't have been that 'out there'.

chipmonk

U19 Debutant
luckyeddie said:
Right.

/Blooming Canadians
///It's all true
Geez .... calm down mate ! its only a game :D no need to slag off me .... my point was harmison or flintoff could have 2- 3 wickets by now ..... but its only a hypothetical .... anyways I prefer south park to "family guy" ! :p

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Flintoff is off the ground. Probably just a toilet break or something, but it means he won't be bowling next over, probably.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Two boundaries from this Tremlett over. Australia definately pushing for 270+ here. England need a wicket in the next few overs, I think.