• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
wow, got home from work at 90 odd for one, worried man, still worried but good turn around, and at least we haven't got to find 10 overs in the middle from somewhere

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Barney Rubble said:
What was funny about it? Not got Sky, so I'm relying on TMS while I revise for exams.
It was nicked to Jones, and instead of catching the ball in his gloves, the ball swung/wobbled while travelling to him so he basically caught it with his chest as it missed the gloves. It looked quite funny.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
dinu23 said:
oops! is it Ponting or Hayden? cricinfo says it's Ponting :-0
It's both. Very interesting to see how Symonds will do, don't have high hopes myself, but Australia really need him to hang around.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Jono said:
It was nicked to Jones, and instead of catching the ball in his gloves, the ball swung/wobbled while travelling to him so he basically caught it with his chest as it missed the gloves. It looked quite funny.
A mate of mine took a catch on the rebound off his chest yesterday - in the deep, too. He misjudged the hand position as it came out of the sun, it thudded off his formidably-sized chest, and he caught it at the second attempt. Must have hurt like hell, though.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Barney Rubble said:
A mate of mine took a catch on the rebound off his chest yesterday - in the deep, too. He misjudged the hand position as it came out of the sun, it thudded off his formidably-sized chest, and he caught it at the second attempt. Must have hurt like hell, though.
I bet he didn't have a big pair of gloves on, though. :p

Loony BoB

International Captain
Just looking at the live career stats - who do you guys think will have a higher average at the end of this series - Pietersen or Hussey? As of this moment...
Code:
Name          Mat    I  NO  Runs  HS     Ave 100  50   Ct  St
MEK Hussey      8    6   5   229  84  229.00   0   2    4   0
KP Pietersen   15   10   6   649 116  162.25   3   3    8   0

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Loony BoB said:
Just looking at the live career stats - who do you guys think will have a higher average at the end of this series - Pietersen or Hussey? As of this moment...
Code:
How do you find the live averages? Found them before but can't remember how.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Go to the Cricinfo live scorecard, check the links along the top. Loads of useful stats for people who love them as much as I do :D

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Barney Rubble said:
How do you find the live averages? Found them before but can't remember how.
It's above the live scorecard (where it says: Bulletin | Replica Kit: England | Australia | Commentary | Live Series Stats | Live Career Stats | etc.)

Giles on now.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
Code:
I think Pietersen, if Pietersen gets 4 ducks he'll still average 80.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Loony BoB said:
Go to the Cricinfo live scorecard, check the links along the top. Loads of useful stats for people who love them as much as I do :D
Adamc said:
It's above the live scorecard (where it says: Bulletin | Replica Kit: England | Australia | Commentary | Live Series Stats | Live Career Stats | etc.)
Cheers guys - don't think I was looking too hard!

chipmonk said:
Don't think Giles should come on now

Starts with a maiden - not too bad so far.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
chipmonk said:
Don't think Giles should come on now.
Better to bring him on sooner rather than later, since Australia will be playing cautiously now having just lost two wickets. If they brought him on when Symonds was settled, he could be expensive; right now, he could probably expect to go for 30 or 40 off his 10 overs.