• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
wpdavid said:
Sounds similar to his dismssal on Sunday. Also sounds like a spectacular catch from Jones.
It should have been a fairly simple catch, but he dropped it and caught it on his way down. The dismissal was basically identical, except Tremlett was going around the wicket. Roughly same length and line though.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
Unlike Durham to prepare such a road to bat on.
Unlike Trescothick to send them in - I would have thought he'd know better having looked at the track, and with it being a day-nighter.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barney Rubble said:
Unlike Trescothick to send them in - I would have thought he'd know better having looked at the track, and with it being a day-nighter.
Not really worried about that, the pitch will play nicely now and play nicely in the evening and England will know how to pace their innings.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Barney Rubble said:
Pietersen's probably figuring out what rate he has to score to make that by the end of the series.......... :D
That's assuming he'll even get enough chances to bat... I still can't believe they're putting Jones ahead of him.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Loony BoB said:
That's assuming he'll even get enough chances to bat... I still can't believe they're putting Jones ahead of him.
Not today they won't - they wanted to give Jones some time at the wicket on Tuesday. Pietersen was padded up in case Collingwood had got out quickly, but once he and Strauss got going and it became clear that England were going to post a very big total anyway, Pietersen took off his shirt and Jones padded up. KPP will bat 6 today, at the very lowest.

Scaly piscine

andyc said:
australia should be looking for 275-300+, really
I think England would be happy chasing less than 300, I don't remember a single play and miss when defending and obviously England have shown they have plenty of scoring power.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Ponting spoons one up in the air, and Collingwood/Pietersen leave it for each other. Very, very unlike England. A hugely lucky escape for Ponting, being blamed on Pietersen by the TMS guys.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Barney Rubble said:
Ponting spoons one up in the air, and Collingwood/Pietersen leave it for each other. Very, very unlike England. A hugely lucky escape for Ponting, being blamed on Pietersen by the TMS guys.
I'd blame KP as well, though Collingwood should bear some responsibility. Both of them could have taken it, it's just that neither of them called it; KP really should have been the one calling it, since he was the one running in. Another fielding error just then, haven't been too sharp today.

andyc

god that's the most embarassing thing you can do. that happened to me at chiangmai, some guy who had played for sri lanka spooned it up in the air off my bowling, i left it for the keeper, he left it for me :( would've been a great thing to boast about if someone had gotten it...