• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
wahindiawah said:
Clearly the guy is nuts, a few wk back the guy described "younis Khan" as a 30-40 run player who in his word was "useless to Pak team". Younis might not be a great batsman but he certainly is good enough for Pak team and has done more than scoring 30-40 useless runs in recent matches against India and Australia, so i don't know what A Sohail is talking about.

And yesterday A.S described Afridi as someone who bats like a 4 year old kid and who should improve his attitude. Well Afridi certainly doesn't bat with much brains and hence can be criticized but i don't think there is anything wrong with Afridi's attitude.Infact i think the guy is one of the most improved players of Pakistan team.
Aamir Sohail is nuts...I remember the stuff he was telling to S Manjrekar yesterday during commentary...actually he was blowing his own trumpet about how he and Saeed anwar were the best opening pair Pakistan ever had...What a sucker of an attitude he's got!

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Watched the highlights only today. Wow! where iss Kochi? dead pan Equator somewhere? got my throat all dry watching

Sehwag slaughters again, the law of averages...what? Pakistan were reckless specially after their start. Hopefully theyll improve.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
wahindiawah said:
a few wk back the guy described "younis Khan" as a 30-40 run player who in his word was "useless to Pak team". Younis might not be a great batsman but he certainly is good enough for Pak team and has done more than scoring 30-40 useless runs in recent matches against India and Australia, so i don't know what A Sohail is talking about.

I may not always agree with amir, but Pre-Bangalore i wud have thought alike

mofo123

U19 12th Man
butt

akmal

can provide a good start as they proved but onver confidence led to their demise.
malik...havent a clue wot went wrong? 81* in the warm up...4 in the match? wreckless

youhana...wasnt allowed to get off the mark some tight fielding and good bowling...then a superb catch, i wouldnt blame him for his dismisal although it was a poor shot

inzi...once again tried to revive the innings but miss judgment led to his wicket falling

hafeez...in my eyes costly mistake against sehwag first up, then 2 missed run outs and a dropped catch off his bowling thats wot caused pakistans failure. i would like to see pakistan play with 4 seamers and 2 spinners change him for shahid nazir...yes he top scored, but still i would like to nazir bowl...hes been swinging the ball a lot in domestic cricket.

razzaq...bowled well to b fair untill he got injured. batting...less sed the better out to a nothing ball, and a something raher peculiar shot.

afridi...did wot came naturally he doesnt like spin...put him one down? let akmal nd butt get a start then afridi to hit the spinners in thier early overs an the seamers when they become tired?

rana...bowled well. batted well

sami...bowled well, unlucky

arshad...bowled poorly first up recoverd well

shouldnt change it too much for th 5th...maybe hafeez out nazir in. and if younis khan is better hafeez out younis in. i dont think malik should b dropped, he is a capable bat.

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
Gotchya said:
Watched the highlights only today. Wow! where iss Kochi? dead pan Equator somewhere? got my throat all dry watching

Sehwag slaughters again, the law of averages...what? Pakistan were reckless specially after their start. Hopefully theyll improve.
its in kerala india :)

voted one of the 50 must see places in the world by NGC :)

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
biased indian said:
its in kerala india :)

voted one of the 50 must see places in the world by NGC :)
Did they also give the time of the year to visit it ??

And did they recommend playing an outdoor physical sport for 8 hours in the April sun ??
:)

Sehwag309

Banned
SJS said:

And did they recommend playing an outdoor physical sport for 8 hours in the April sun ??
Toronto was also one of the top 10 cities in the world at one time. Not a Good place in Winter either

I am wondering why didnt they have day/nigh games, Kochi did have Lights right

wahindiawah

Banned
Gotchya said:
I may not always agree with amir, but Pre-Bangalore i wud have thought alike
Look, i'm not saying that Younis Khan is a great batsman, but he's/ certainly not so bad to label him as "useless for test matches".I think such comments were harsh and comming from an ex-selector were all more surprising.

Deja moo

International Captain
SJS said:

It was an off day. Less than 8 hours after the game was over, it reportedly started pouring cats and dogs. Now its apparent why the humidity was building up.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
to W-India-W:

I believe Younis was injured for the first one-dayer. He most certainly will be back for the second ODI.

Choora

State Regular
Sehwag309 said:
Yup, YK in for Hafeez

Kaneria for Arshad might be tricky
I don't think so as Pakistan need 6 bowlers!

I think Akmal should be rested and either Younis Khan or Malik should keep the wkt, since Malik has been practicing wk, i would go with him as a keeper.

Butt
Hafeez
Malik(wk)
Inzi
Youhanna
Younis
Razzak
Afridi
Naveed
Sami
Arshad or Danish.

deeps

International 12th Man
wahindiawah said:
I disagree with you on the oneday match but do agree with you in the last test match.

I think India was a far better team in the Oneday match, Pakistan really was never in the match, yeah things could have been different had they got out Sehwag for a nought, but really its amazing how many chances Pakistan offers to Sehwag!! Is it some kind of a record??

I also think Malik should be thrown out and Younus should be brought into Pak side.Also Sami should really be shown the door, especially when Shahid Nazir and other are in the squad, surely they can't be worse than Sami.

actually chasing 280 odd was quiet gettable for the pakistani batting line up, which means they were in the match until at least halfway...and india being 2 wickets down for four run,s they were definately in the match... how can you say they were never really in the matcH?

Younis Khan was unwell and that's why he did not take his place in the team. Shoaib Malik is actually a world class all rounder, and he can make the team with his batting alone. If you are looking to drop someone, hafeez is the man.

Though sami's figures don't show it, i though sami bowled magnificently, though i agree that Shahid Nazir should be in the team, not at the expense of Sami.

Salman Butt
Shoaib Malik
Younis Khan
Yousuf Youhana/Inzi
Inzi/youhana
Akmal
Afridi/Razzaq
Razzaq/Afridi
Mohammed Sami
Rana Naved Ul Hasan
Arshad Khan/Shahid Nazir

I'd like to be putting both Kaneria and Shahid Nazir into the team, but i thought Arshad bowled extremely well at the end of the innings and deserves to keep his place in the line up. Dropping Shoaib Malik would weaken the batting lineup too much. Rana bowled well, and his batting isn't that bad at all.

Depending on the conditions, either arshad or nazir should play. Kaneria deserves a spot, but i think he'll need to wait for someone to stop performing or to be a very much spinner friendly pitch.

wahindiawah

Banned
deeps said:
?

Younis Khan was unwell and that's why he did not take his place in the team. Shoaib Malik is actually a world class all rounder, and he can make the team with his batting alone. If you are looking to drop someone, hafeez is the man.
Malik ISN'T a WC allrounder, though he's a wonderful OD talent, however since he's not allowed to bowl and Pakistan doesn't go into match with less than 6 bowlers then either Younis or Malik should be left out of team.

but i thought Arshad bowled extremely well at the end of the innings and deserves to keep his place in the line up.
You think so? i don't think much of Arshad, and i thought he was rather lucky at the end of Indian innings with the wkts. Danish can replace him but Danish is likely to be expensive and i guess its because of that fear that Inzi doesn't like to play Danish.

wahindiawah

Banned
deeps said:
Salman Butt
Shoaib Malik
Younis Khan
Yousuf Youhana/Inzi
Inzi/youhana
Akmal
Afridi/Razzaq
Razzaq/Afridi
Mohammed Sami
Rana Naved Ul Hasan
Arshad Khan/Shahid Nazir
deeps said:
Team is not bad except that it has just 5 bowlers and because Woolmer has pointed out rightly that they won't go into match with less than 6 bowlers , i think Hafeez got to play.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
wahindiawah said:
Malik ISN'T a WC allrounder, though he's a wonderful OD talent, however since he's not allowed to bowl and Pakistan doesn't go into match with less than 6 bowlers then either Younis or Malik should be left out of team.

You think so? i don't think much of Arshad, and i thought he was rather lucky at the end of Indian innings with the wkts. Danish can replace him but Danish is likely to be expensive and i guess its because of that fear that Inzi doesn't like to play Danish.
Agreed that Malik isn`t a WC AR, AT THE MO, but when he is allowed to bowl, he will be.

And what are you basing the Kaneria-expensive thing on? He could easily be dominant...
I would really love to see specialst spinners in ODI games again!

And to all the people using B-grade wickies in your proposed side... DONT! Genuine wicketkeepers are so extremely valuable to a side, never take them for granted. I believe Courtney Browne has proved this for the Windies.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
OT a little, but I really like Rao as a player, always seems to give his best. Doesn`t mean he should be picked, but I reckon he`s cool :cool: