• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

xan_pro

Cricket Spectator
honestbharani said:
Okay, I know that one or two of the Pakistan supporters took offence when I said that India lost the Bangalore test more than Pakistan winning it. But, this match, I think, is the reverse. Pakistan lost this match more than India winning it. I think our bowling attack, esp. Balaji, need to work really hard to be competitive in this series. Pakistan have a lot of depth and only some complacent batting coupled with energy sapping heat forced them to play this way. IT won't be the same next match and India need to be very careful. BTW, the toss is becoming too crucial in this series.
i absolutely agree with u. this is going to be a really thrilling series and as an Indian, I want India to win.

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!! Nice sh*t from India, i'm a happy man today. They made a mess of the last ten overs batting but the bowlers did a great job. As much as i love the fact Sachin got a five fer it was great to see the pacers and the fielding in the first 15 over put Pakistan on the back foot. Plus Sehwag and Dravid were dope as hell.

They still need players for the last 10 overs, Yuvraj is the only one. Kaif isn't natural there he should bat above Yuvraj. We'll have to see if Dhoni can develop into a natural death batsman

Bouncer

State Regular
jagaways said:
To Sehwag309,

I see that you are fluent in Gibbering Moronese. Unfortunately, I'm not. You generate more waffle than the waffle making machine in a waffle factory. How about putting that into proper syntax, form, and grammar so that I can at least understand what you are saying before I dismiss it?

When I want your monkey-brained opinion I'll rattle your cage, okay? I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself on the Internet. A long period of non-posting would be most welcome on your part. Oh well, as the late Douglas Adams said: "You live and learn. At any rate, you live."

You light up a room when you leave it. No doubt your life is so dull, that you can actually write your diary one week in advance. Do yourself and everyone else a favor: take a fatal overdose of your medication. Maybe you wouldn't come across as such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you weren't afflicted with mental retardation; if your weren't so fat that you look like The Michelin Man man on steroids, or if you didn't have a face that makes your pillow cry itself to sleep every night. No, come to think of it, you would.

Now, why don’t you climb onto that Special Needs tricycle of yours with the fourth wheel attached for extra-ensured ****** stability and pedal your fat ass down to the sports field and do some “outdoors” stuff for a change. Hell, if you don’t like it, you can always offer to lick-clean the jockstraps.

Good day.

Good day.

^^

Is that only me or someone has seen this word used before on CW.by someone else :happy: ?

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
Dar said:
They still need players for the last 10 overs, Yuvraj is the only one. Kaif isn't natural there he should bat above Yuvraj. We'll have to see if Dhoni can develop into a natural death batsman
Wow the Kochi crowd was just outstanding--70,000+ people packed together in a furnace without a roof and they were still partying without a complaint.

I think the last 10 overs have always been a big problem for India (look at the Karachi match). Yuvraj is the only big hitter. Kaif batting in the the death overs is just pointless and it's a waste of a good batsman. The best way to utilize his skills would be to place him at #4 with Dravid as #3.

Ganguly can gain some confidence with this win and put it to good use but the next match will be even tougher with the pakistanis trying to make a fight back. I would expect their batsmen to play with a lot more maturity and grit next time around. They lacked common sense, especially the top order. I mean Abdul Razzaq's dismissal today made him look like a friggin ****** and I just don't understand what he was trying to do.

Sehwag309

Banned
Gangulys Clueless Dismissal

Off-Stump Line and look where he puts it

Bangalore chick did wonders for Zaheer

Sachin with hi Wrists, Inzi Misjudged

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Adamc said:
I am aware of that, but I don't think it's fair to automatically categorise someone as being part of a wider class of 'immature whiners and biased fans'. I don't know the history of this particular poster, but he has only posted twice in this thread so I don't think it's fair for you (or SJS, for that matter) to make the suggestion to essentially ignore what I felt was a reasonable comment, let alone ignore the poster. If his post was littered with suggestions to drop the captain/sack the coach/umpires/groundsmen etc. you may have a point, but in this case there isn't that suggestion. Again, I don't know the poster's history, so you may or may not have a point... obviously. :p
You've totally missed my point. Ignore the fact that SJS was referring to that poster. Maybe what he had to say was valid, maybe not. My point was that this whole idea that all Indian/Pakistani fans are sore losers has become more and more common on this board, from both neutral fans and even some Indian fans. Just because a few say something arrogant, stupid or whatever (wahindiawah and whomever seemed to say a lot prior to the Pakistani series) doesn't mean that all fans need to fall under this stereotype. There seems to be an elitist attitude arising against both Indian and Pakistani fans, simply because a few seem to overreact to losses, or make excuses for losses. Either way these sore losers don't represent all Indian/Pakistani fans obviously.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
You've totally missed my point. Ignore the fact that SJS was referring to that poster. Maybe what he had to say was valid, maybe not. My point was that this whole idea that all Indian/Pakistani fans are sore losers has become more and more common on this board, from both neutral fans and even some Indian fans. Just because a few say something arrogant, stupid or whatever (wahindiawah and whomever seemed to say a lot prior to the Pakistani series) doesn't mean that all fans need to fall under this stereotype. There seems to be an elitist attitude arising against both Indian and Pakistani fans, simply because a few seem to overreact to losses, or make excuses for losses. Either way these sore losers don't represent all Indian/Pakistani fans obviously.
I agree with most of what you say jono. In fact, I had immediately agreed that i need not have responded.

But I totally disagree that the attitude regarding Indian and Pakistani fans can be called elitist.

Yes it is a generalisation which does not fit all of us, but it fits a very large number, those on this forum and those who have never been here but we are all familiar with.

Thus for those of us who do not wish to be bracketed with this "passionate" (for reasons of not wanting to start another debate I am not using a stronger word) majority/minority, it may be important to stand up EVERY time and tell our own countrymen that we disagree.

The way to remove the "stereotype" is not to keep stressing that stereotypes are not fair to all but to show by example that this is so. This is what i do sometimes. Not to be elitist or show an elitist attitude. But to tell my fellow Indians(and Pakistani) friends that they are not right and there are indians who dont think like them.

This is neither elitist, nor a holier than thou attitude (I know you are not saying it is), nor an attempt to ingratiate with the rest.

Someone recently named three or four Indians, on this forum, as being "rational"(or some such word). I dont feel on "top of the world" because my name was in that list. I do wish , however, that that list was longer. So long, in fact, that it would make no sense to have such a list and people would rather make a list of those who were "passionate".

I hope you see what I am saying.

By the way, for others who have stepped into this discussion, my response had nothing to do with the plusses and minusses of the two teams but the inability of some to take defeat, particularly from certain teams. It shows feelings other than mere passion of a committed supporter. At least thats how it looks to me.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
I don't see where you are going with this. You seem to be suggesting that people are turning against India/Pakistan fans because of the actions of a few 'sore losers' as you put it. I was suggesting that you and/or SJS were doing exactly that in the case of RealPk. I was in fact saying that not all India/Pakistan fans are sore losers, which is why I was moderately annoyed that you and/or SJS responded in the way you did to RealPk. I don't see the basis for you turning this argument against me. :confused:

Choora

State Regular
Beleg said:
So, what do you people think this win will do to Inzy's captainacy? What do you think about his leadership on the field today?
He was good for a change. I think the way he has been batting and the improvement in his captaincy, we might see Inzi skipping the Pak team for some time in future.

However i think Younis Khan seems to be a near confirmed future skipper of Pak team.

Choora

State Regular
Sehwag309 said:
Such loss will make Pak come back strongly, its just 1 game and Pak is still fav for the series, I wouldnt be celebrating until the series is over
The momentum must now be with the Indian team after such a terrific win.I think India should be the one's who should be fav's.

But then again its Oneday cricket we are talking about, in OD's its hard to predict anything.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
SJS said:
I agree with most of what you say jono. In fact, I had immediately agreed that i need not have responded.

But I totally disagree that the attitude regarding Indian and Pakistani fans can be called elitist.

Yes it is a generalisation which does not fit all of us, but it fits a very large number, those on this forum and those who have never been here but we are all familiar with.

Thus for those of us who do not wish to be bracketed with this "passionate" (for reasons of not wanting to start another debate I am not using a stronger word) majority/minority, it may be important to stand up EVERY time and tell our own countrymen that we disagree.

The way to remove the "stereotype" is not to keep stressing that stereotypes are not fair to all but to show by example that this is so. This is what i do sometimes. Not to be elitist or show an elitist attitude. But to tell my fellow Indians(and Pakistani) friends that they are not right and there are indians who dont think like them.

This is neither elitist, nor a holier than thou attitude (I know you are not saying it is), nor an attempt to ingratiate with the rest.

Someone recently named three or four Indians, on this forum, as being "rational"(or some such word). I dont feel on "top of the world" because my name was in that list. I do wish , however, that that list was longer. So long, in fact, that it would make no sense to have such a list and people would rather make a list of those who were "passionate".

I hope you see what I am saying.

By the way, for others who have stepped into this discussion, my response had nothing to do with the plusses and minusses of the two teams but the inability of some to take defeat, particularly from certain teams. It shows feelings other than mere passion of a committed supporter. At least thats how it looks to me.
If you don't believe there is an elitist attitude occuring, than that's your opinion but posts made by fellow fans to 'enlighten' others gives me the impression that there is. These 'listed' Indian fans are great posters, no doubt about it. But there shouldn't be a list in the first place, because there are many 'whining fans' from other countries on the board as well, just as there are many stable minded/unbiased fans from other countries. The difference seems to be that threads about these (whether they be English, Australian, West Indian etc.) don't seem to be made, whereas they do for Indian/Pakistani fans. I personally didn't think your thread regarding how an Ind/Pak fan should act was desirable, but if you did I guess that's your choice. But when a list of 'good fans' forms for a particular nation, I think we're heading in the wrong direction.
Adamc said:
I don't see where you are going with this. You seem to be suggesting that people are turning against India/Pakistan fans because of the actions of a few 'sore losers' as you put it. I was suggesting that you and/or SJS were doing exactly that in the case of RealPk. I was in fact saying that not all India/Pakistan fans are sore losers, which is why I was moderately annoyed that you and/or SJS responded in the way you did to RealPk. I don't see the basis for you turning this argument against me. :confused:
I wasn't turning the argument against you. I don't see why you'd think that. In fact the aim of my post wasn't even to denigrate the poster that SJS quoted. I was more responding to SJS responding to the poster in question (if that makes sense), and criticising on whatever the poster said. I did say that we should ignore 'them', rather then respond to 'them' (which does seem like an elitist attitude, making me seem like I'm contradicting what I first said), but you are right, the poster that SJS quoted probably didn't say anything too ridiculous, if invalid at all. My point was rather that threads being created to 'teach Indian/Pakistani fans a few lessons' are far from desirable on this forum, and the fact that these threads are being made by Indian fans themselves to me seems like an elitist attitude. Other than about 3-4 Ind/Pak posters who do make ridiculous claims and act in arrogant ways (which in the end, they are entitled to do), the fans on this board are no different to fans from any other nation. They get frustrated when their team loses, and get excited when their team wins. Is this a crime? No. If they want to predict a 3-0 series win over Pakistan (or vice versa) before a series begins, they are entitled to do that.

There were just as many arguments in the SA/Eng tour thread as well as the Aus/NZ tour thread. Yet its the Ind/Pak posters that get all the attention, and ironically, mainly from other Ind/Pak posters.

I'm done with this issue, and we'll let the tour thread get back to its purpose.

wahindiawah

Banned
honestbharani said:
Okay, I know that one or two of the Pakistan supporters took offence when I said that India lost the Bangalore test more than Pakistan winning it. But, this match, I think, is the reverse. Pakistan lost this match more than India winning it. I think our bowling attack, esp. Balaji, need to work really hard to be competitive in this series. Pakistan have a lot of depth and only some complacent batting coupled with energy sapping heat forced them to play this way. IT won't be the same next match and India need to be very careful. BTW, the toss is becoming too crucial in this series.
I disagree with you on the oneday match but do agree with you in the last test match.

I think India was a far better team in the Oneday match, Pakistan really was never in the match, yeah things could have been different had they got out Sehwag for a nought, but really its amazing how many chances Pakistan offers to Sehwag!! Is it some kind of a record??

I also think Malik should be thrown out and Younus should be brought into Pak side.Also Sami should really be shown the door, especially when Shahid Nazir and other are in the squad, surely they can't be worse than Sami.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
I'm done with this issue, and we'll let the tour thread get back to its purpose.
I agree with this as well with almost everything you said before this but i dont think you got from the very beginning what i was trying to say. I tried not to say it directly but did say it indirectly every time.

NO, I was never talking about "whining" not that I am fond of it, I was refering to the Passions that come out from some Indian and Pakistani fans when their teams play each other !! Its loss to EACH OTHER that some supporters seem to react to which I was refering to. So others dont come into it at all .

Anyway, as you said, rightly, lets return to other things.

wahindiawah

Banned
Choora said:
However i think Younis Khan seems to be a near confirmed future skipper of Pak team.
As far as batting is concerned , Younis reminds me of Miandad. He seems to be interested in stealing quick runs, and rotating the strike just like Miandad liked to do.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Why don't most of the Indian fans even take a look at the domestic season discussion thread? With so many India supporters, there should be more activity, especially if you look at ICF- EVERYONE talks domestic cricket whenever there is any action.

wahindiawah

Banned
Aamir Sohail is an idiot!

Clearly the guy is nuts, a few wk back the guy described "younis Khan" as a 30-40 run player who in his word was "useless to Pak team". Younis might not be a great batsman but he certainly is good enough for Pak team and has done more than scoring 30-40 useless runs in recent matches against India and Australia, so i don't know what A Sohail is talking about.

And yesterday A.S described Afridi as someone who bats like a 4 year old kid and who should improve his attitude. Well Afridi certainly doesn't bat with much brains and hence can be criticized but i don't think there is anything wrong with Afridi's attitude.Infact i think the guy is one of the most improved players of Pakistan team.