• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

RealPk

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hey , hey , hey--STOP!---

Pakistan made India a gift today with throwing their wickets away after a WORLDCLASS start.

Thats why India won...The bowling was pretty ordinary...

Sehwag309

Banned
RealPk said:

Pakistan made India a gift today with throwing their wickets away after a WORLDCLASS start.

,..yeah, thanx..dont forget to thank India for those 2 wickets at Start as well

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
Congrats india on a good win, great batting by sehwag and dravid ,the pakistani downfall imo was dropping catches and throwing away wickets ,nice to see the croud cheering for ganguly :D he was kinda shocked

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Okay, I know that one or two of the Pakistan supporters took offence when I said that India lost the Bangalore test more than Pakistan winning it. But, this match, I think, is the reverse. Pakistan lost this match more than India winning it. I think our bowling attack, esp. Balaji, need to work really hard to be competitive in this series. Pakistan have a lot of depth and only some complacent batting coupled with energy sapping heat forced them to play this way. IT won't be the same next match and India need to be very careful. BTW, the toss is becoming too crucial in this series.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Well done to India. And Tendulkar! Dissapoints witht the bat, so he comes back with the ball in amazing fashion! Well done.

Suprised that Hafeez was picked, then bowled, then persisted with. 4 overs from Rana/Sami to come... they were missed.

I would like to see Kaneria/Sami/Rana to be picked for the next ODI. If ONLY Malik could bowl!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
jagaways said:
To Sehwag309,

I see that you are fluent in Gibbering Moronese. Unfortunately, I'm not. You generate more waffle than the waffle making machine in a waffle factory. How about putting that into proper syntax, form, and grammar so that I can at least understand what you are saying before I dismiss it?

When I want your monkey-brained opinion I'll rattle your cage, okay? I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself on the Internet. A long period of non-posting would be most welcome on your part. Oh well, as the late Douglas Adams said: "You live and learn. At any rate, you live."

You light up a room when you leave it. No doubt your life is so dull, that you can actually write your diary one week in advance. Do yourself and everyone else a favor: take a fatal overdose of your medication. Maybe you wouldn't come across as such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you weren't afflicted with mental retardation; if your weren't so fat that you look like The Michelin Man man on steroids, or if you didn't have a face that makes your pillow cry itself to sleep every night. No, come to think of it, you would.

Now, why don’t you climb onto that Special Needs tricycle of yours with the fourth wheel attached for extra-ensured ****** stability and pedal your fat ass down to the sports field and do some “outdoors” stuff for a change. Hell, if you don’t like it, you can always offer to lick-clean the jockstraps.

Good day.
:nono:

Poor show that. Consider this a warning.

Sehwag309

Banned
honestbharani said:
Okay, I know that one or two of the Pakistan supporters took offence when I said that India lost the Bangalore test more than Pakistan winning it. But, this match, I think, is the reverse. Pakistan lost this match more than India winning it. I think our bowling attack, esp. Balaji, need to work really hard to be competitive in this series. Pakistan have a lot of depth and only some complacent batting coupled with energy sapping heat forced them to play this way. IT won't be the same next match and India need to be very careful. BTW, the toss is becoming too crucial in this series.
My Sentiments ditto

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
RealPk said:

We never learn do we ?

The other day it was some Indian supporters talking rubbish after losing in Bangalore now some Pakistani supporters are showing they are equally ...well....take your pick of a dozen words that come to mind.

Grow up guys. teams lose because they do more things badly(which they should have done better) AND because their opponents do fewer things badly (or more things better which is the same thing).

Stop sounding like seven year olds. In fact I know a few seven year olds who sound more grown up. :sleep:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Then why not just ignore it SJS? If we keep reacting, they'll keep posting. Dedicating topics to the cause and giving attention to these pests isn't helping the situation either.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
India won. Great. Good start to the series.

Now for taking stock:

Things India did well :
1. Sehwag hammering and Dravid's extremely mature innings.
2. Very commendable bowling by the three medium pacers in very demanding conditions.
3. Excellent catching square of the wicket and the return catch by Zaheer.
4. Excellent field placings by Ganguly and the spirit shown by him and the team on the field.

Things India did not do well :
1. Sachin's terrible hoik.
2. Batting lower down the order. Neither runs nor run rate kept in mind.
3. It was clear that dravid was struggling. He SHOULD have gone off the field for dehydration or whatever was bothering him. He was lucky not to be run out on four occasions and on each occasion he was NOT running because he was in no condition to. He should have retired and Yuvraj and Kaif should have played with their normal quick singles gam. With Dravid at one end, quick singles were out and the run came in a trickle, 28 runs came in the 8 overs between the 42nd and the 49th. And we were three down at the beggining of this.
4. Dhoni's hoik too was disappointing. The pakistani spinners had slowed down things including the bowling and cross batted hoiks were never going to work.

India were lucky Pakistan dropped Sehwag twice early in his innings. Over all Pakistani fielding was very disappointing.

So. Congrats India and do better next time.

PS. when will someone tell our tailenders that if they want to hit sixes, they should try and learn to do it with straighter bats. Balaji has to be told that he is not Viv Richards and the bowler also knows that.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Then why not just ignore it SJS? If we keep reacting, they'll keep posting. Dedicating topics to the cause and giving attention to these pests isn't helping the situation either.
Agreed.

You have a point. :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
I don't think he did that much wrong... all he said was that India's bowling was ordinary, but Pakistan's batting was worse. I didn't see the match so I can't verify the accuracy of this statement, but given that Tendulkar got five wickets I'm inclined to agree.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I was more referring more to this whole aura that there are plenty of Indian/Pakistani posters who are immature whiners and biased fans who can't take losing. That was just an example of a poster complaining about a loss. An Indian/Pakistani fan like that is becoming a stereotype on this board which isn't healthy or fair. Maybe if we ignore them and not give them the attention they desire, they'll be weeded out. But if we constantly complain about it and form prejudices (this goes for the Indian/Pakistani fans too, not just the neutrals) against Indian and Pakistani fans, well we're not getting anywhere are we?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
I was more referring more to this whole aura that there are plenty of Indian/Pakistani posters who are immature whiners and biased fans who can't take losing. That was just an example of a poster complaining about a loss. An Indian/Pakistani fan like that is becoming a stereotype on this board which isn't healthy or fair. Maybe if we ignore them and not give them the attention they desire, they'll be weeded out. But if we constantly complain about it and form prejudices (this goes for the Indian/Pakistani fans too, not just the neutrals) against Indian and Pakistani fans, well we're not getting anywhere are we?
I am aware of that, but I don't think it's fair to automatically categorise someone as being part of a wider class of 'immature whiners and biased fans'. I don't know the history of this particular poster, but he has only posted twice in this thread so I don't think it's fair for you (or SJS, for that matter) to make the suggestion to essentially ignore what I felt was a reasonable comment, let alone ignore the poster. If his post was littered with suggestions to drop the captain/sack the coach/umpires/groundsmen etc. you may have a point, but in this case there isn't that suggestion. Again, I don't know the poster's history, so you may or may not have a point... obviously. :p

jagaways

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
watta rofl. oi sehwag309 i was just kidding u are the sikkest guy here...because Virender Sehwag is the best batsman in the world at the moment.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Jono said:
Not everyone's gonna have the same opinion as yours jono :dry: