• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I can't understand at all why Kaneria isn't being picked in the ODIs. I think perhaps there's a general idea in some quarters that leg spinners aren't economical enough for ODI cricket, but I think Shane Warne has proven that wrong enough times now to warrant giving Kaneria a go.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
281/8 is reasonable, but pretty poor given that they were 241/3 in the 40th over. I don't think it will be enough to prevent Pakistan winning, though it is still a lot of runs to get.
Yeah, India seem to do this a lot. There's a cricinfo article about how Pakistan have a poor record in the first 40 overs but pile it on in the last 10, while India average something like 30 more runs in the first 40 but the same final score.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FaaipDeOiad said:
I can't understand at all why Kaneria isn't being picked in the ODIs. I think perhaps there's a general idea in some quarters that leg spinners aren't economical enough for ODI cricket, but I think Shane Warne has proven that wrong enough times now to warrant giving Kaneria a go.
Agree. I really rate Kaneria....how old is he by the way?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
zinzan12 said:
Agree. I really rate Kaneria....how old is he by the way?
Only 24, seemed older to me.

Pakistan (or more specifically Salman Butt) off to a flyer, 33/0 in the sixth. Incredibly annoyed that two major international series' are going on at the moment, and Foxtel is showing neither.

Desire to kill rising... :p

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Horrific misfield by Nehra....that is something really basic.

All the dryweights in the Pakistani fielding side have shaped up well, why can't he?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Akmal out- slashed Balaji's wider ball to point, reflex catch by Sehwag. Nehra, take some tips. He was nothing great in the field himself.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why am I not surprised that Sehwag and Dravid have 'done it' for India again. I just got home and checked the scores, and seen that both those run machines have saved India again (granted the game is far from over, and Pakistan are slaughtering India's bowlers).

Those two are in absolutely blistering form. Now if only the Indian bowlers can back up what should be a defendable target, or at the least a very competitive one.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
What is Nehra doing within 100 miles of the Indian team anyway? Are Pathan and Kumble both injured? Both bowl, bat and field better than Nehra...

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Adamc said:
What is Nehra doing within 100 miles of the Indian team anyway? Are Pathan and Kumble both injured? Both bowl, bat and field better than Nehra...
Kumble is injured, and maybe Pathan too. Kumble was no contender, given his terrible ODI record, and Pathan's got 'TARGET' written all over him, so Nehra's a (relatively) fresh change.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Sehwag309 said:
Once again, its Sehwag!

We need 11 of him
He seems to stamp himself all over the side, be it in batting, or fielding, or field settings- hopefully bowling too- all 10 overs.

Sehwag309

Banned
Nehra Picks Salman Butt, frustrated him and he hooks

and guess who catches it

GANGULY, and what a fantastic catch,

Still long way to go

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Good one Nehra! Pitched a short one to Salman, pulled to square-leg, high catch by (guess who? EDIT- Grrrrr.......Too late!) and that completes a wicket-maiden!

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Arjun said:
Kumble is injured, and maybe Pathan too. Kumble was no contender, given his terrible ODI record, and Pathan's got 'TARGET' written all over him, so Nehra's a (relatively) fresh change.
Kumble's record is not nearly as poor as Nehra's, and Pathan was (I think) the leading ODI wicket taker in 2004, so I doubt he would mind being targeted. Even setting those to aside, surely they can find someone more useful than Nehra. Having said that, he may bowl India to victory just to spite me :p, though I doubt he will.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Adamc said:
Kumble's record is not nearly as poor as Nehra's, and Pathan was (I think) the leading ODI wicket taker in 2004, so I doubt he would mind being targeted. Even setting those to aside, surely they can find someone more useful than Nehra. Having said that, he may bowl India to victory just to spite me :p, though I doubt he will.
Nehra was just average, but Kumble's ODI record in 2004 was horrific (61 for an average), so he was virtually no contender. Pathan was the highest wicket-taker for a bowling attack that was without its key bowlers and was caned severely by Afridi in the last Test.

Nehra can bowl faster than the usual Indian medium-pacer and he can dominate a match, the way he did in Kingsmead. He can also be competitive in unhelpful conditions, as in Rawalpindi, 2004. That he's had a pathetic attitude didn't help much. Hopefully he's running hot and running in hard.