• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

Sehwag309

Banned
So Basically, everyone will be able to watch

I dodged, re-scheduled morning to night-vice-versa, did everything but can't avoid work. Avoided sleep, slept xtra..what not

Now gotta do all work myself at night...maybe will able to watch lst 15 overs but I doubt I will put the TV on. So the 8 hr match is gonna be rew/ffwd the next day which is easy on the heart as well

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Thanks for that Marc, Cricinfo wasnt working for me. :)

Seriously... Sehwag bowling? Do you want India to lose?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
SJS said:
Really. Why do you think so ?
I dont really understand the question sorry.

My point is - I think Sehwag is a below average bowler and it would be stupid to let him bowl 10overs in this up-and-coming ODI. I could be wrong, he might do wonders... but its very unprobable.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
I dont really understand the question sorry.

My point is - I think Sehwag is a below average bowler and it would be stupid to let him bowl 10overs in this up-and-coming ODI. I could be wrong, he might do wonders... but its very unprobable.
He doesnt look such a mediocre player to me. He is pretty accurate, bowls to his field and is an intelligent bowler.

Of course, like all bowlers of his type, slow off spinners without a sharp turn like Gayle, Hoopper, Viv Richards etc etc, he does not appear to be troublesome or very penetrative as a leg spinner or a big turnong off spinner lime Murali or Harbhajan do. But these bowlers thrive on trying to bottle up the batsmen and pick them up when they try to take chances against them.

There is definitely a place for bowlers like this in the limited overs game.

By the way, of the 70 matches that he has bowled in, Sehwag has picked up a wicket in 38 of them. Of the others he bowled 3 overs or less in 12 of them.

Not such a bad record I think for someone used do reluctantly.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
SJS said:
He doesnt look such a mediocre player to me. He is pretty accurate, bowls to his field and is an intelligent bowler.

Of course, like all bowlers of his type, slow off spinners without a sharp turn like Gayle, Hoopper, Viv Richards etc etc, he does not appear to be troublesome or very penetrative as a leg spinner or a big turnong off spinner lime Murali or Harbhajan do. But these bowlers thrive on trying to bottle up the batsmen and pick them up when they try to take chances against them.

There is definitely a place for bowlers like this in the limited overs game.

By the way, of the 70 matches that he has bowled in, Sehwag has picked up a wicket in 38 of them. Of the others he bowled 3 overs or less in 12 of them.

Not such a bad record I think for someone used do reluctantly.
Fair enough... maybe. Still dont think those points make him deserved of 10 ODI overs.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
ha, ha, ha did blokes see how Ganguly was dismissed, like they say in the caribbean like ``LIKE A DUNTS``

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Indian dominance now it seems! Pity... Rana is the only one to have done anything really! Why was Arshad introduced so late?

Beleg

International Regular
India seems to have lost their way suddenly. And the presence of Dravid on the crease would also affect the running between the wickets, so crucial in the last few overs.

So, who is this Dhooni dude?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Beleg said:
India seems to have lost their way suddenly. And the presence of Dravid on the crease would also affect the running between the wickets, so crucial in the last few overs.

So, who is this Dhooni dude?
what a passionate cricket supporter... :dry:

Dhoni is a solid wicket-keep who scores very quickly and has done excellently in the OD form. India should still manage over 300, and Pakistan should get it really.

Beleg

International Regular
Pakistan missed a trick here. They SHOULDN'T have run Dravid out.

And I feel for the people of Kochin. I really do. Sitting on hard concrete benches, under the scorching heat of the sun and seeing India make a mess of their advantage...

Beleg

International Regular
Hey now, you can't expect me to know the name of every single player who gets shifted through Indian ranks. And god knows there have been a hoard of them. :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
are you really serious? Yes... lets not get out their players, we cant lose from there! :blink:

but yes, I do feel sorry for the Indian supporters... somewhat.

shaka

International Regular
279/8 1 ball left, excellent job done by Sehwag to regain force in this match, after being dropped 1st ball.

Sehwag309

Banned
Lost the advantage, I heard sore was 4 for 2, then offcourse it was no interest in wathcing, came back it was still 2 and then...I felt I was watching the match in SLOW MOTION

Pak gonna win this Comfortably