• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
deeps said:
can i get a translation plz sjs? i'm indian, but been in perth all my life and never learnt hindi...i can speak my native malayalam which is kerala but that's all!
There is a very famous "ghazal" (an urdu poem) which you must have heard if you are an Indian or a Pakistani. It goes
Yeh Na thi hamari Kismat, ki visaal-e-yaar hota.
Trans : It was not in my destiny to meet my beloved

The second line of one of the shairs (couplets) from the same poem is what I quoted.

Ke khushi se mar na jaate agar aitbaar hota.
Trans : If you actually believed that wouldnt you have died of the shock of excess pleasure

Now go back to the original [post and see the context :D

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
1 butt
2 malik
3 hafeez/younis
4 inzi
5 youhana
6 akmal
7 razzaq
8 afridi
9 rana
10 sami
11 shahid nazir/rao iftekhar/kaneria/arshad
I like the look of that however.. i dont think Afridi should be batting as low as 8.. and i think my number 11 would be Kaneria.. given his form.. and the way he continues to show improvement and ability..

Nonentity

Cricket Spectator
i think afridi needs to open the innings...thats where i feel he's really effective....we have other players who can do the damage later on in the innings like abdul razzaq etc

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Arjun said:
The Indians would be five times the ODI side they are if they had Sehwag bowling regularly, picked a bowler who could score runs in big shots and had all eleven players contributing more than a hundred percent on the field
Interesting. How did you come up with the number 5 ?

Nonentity

Cricket Spectator
Sehwag309 said:
Looks like the 6th ODI might get cancelled, due to the ground not being fully ready.

Stadium officials are saying otherwise
i hope not..it would ruin my chances of being in india

Sehwag309

Banned
PAKMAN said:
Yeah they have plenty sport factories there ,football,cricket hockey they famous for
its also the birth place of the national poet of pakistan DR mohammad iqbal ,who happened to writr the indian national anthem :)

The Constituent Assembly adopted the Indian national anthem from a song written
and composed by the Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore on January 24, 1950.
Before this Vande Mataram written by Bankim Chandra Chattapadhya
was the National Anthem of India.
Later Constituent Assembly of India,( Vol.XII, 24-1-1950) opined:
"The composition consisting of words and music known as Janaganamana
is the National Anthem of India, subject to such alterations
as the Government may authorise as occasion arises, ..."

Last edited:

Sehwag309

Banned
Sourav to come in at No. 3 :nopity:

- Younis Khan unwell, doubtful for kochi One-dayer

LOKENDRA PRATAP SAHI

Virender Sehwag and Sachin Tendulkar will open in Kochi
Kochi: A different opening combination was seen in each of the three ODIs against Bangladesh, over three months ago. However, the one which did duty in the last face-off — Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag — will be seen in a similar role here, versus Pakistan.

The six-match series gets underway on Saturday.

According to The Telegraph’s sources, captain Sourav Ganguly is going to bat at No.3 and will (as of Thursday night) be followed by: Rahul Dravid, Yuvraj Singh, Mohammed Kaif, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Harbhajan Singh, Irfan Pathan, Zaheer Khan and Lakshmipathy Balaji.

Out of contention, then, are Dinesh Mongia, Murali Kartik and Ashish Nehra.

While the Indians don’t have worries over fitness (at least), the visitors are concerned about in-form vice-captain Younis Khan’s illness.

Younis, MoM in the Bangalore Test, is down with a chest infection-induced fever. “He’s being treated, but I’m not sure if he’s going to be fit for Satu rday," remarked manager Saleem Altaf.

Pakistan, it may be recalled, have won the last four ODIs against India.

Lanka visit uncertain

Meanwhile, there’s uncertainty over the proposed visit by Sri Lanka for five ODIs immediately after the series versus Pakistan — thanks, of course, to the problem between Sri Lanka Cricket and the government.

Sehwag309

Banned
Muhammad Iqbal

Allama Dr. Sir Muhammad IqbalAllama Dr. Sir Muhammad Iqbal (November 9, 1877-April 21, 1938) was an important Indian Muslim poet from the colonial era, a philosopher and thinker of Kashmiri origin. A major Urdu and Persian writer, he is in the unusual position of having penned one of India's major national songs (Sare Jahan Se Accha) while at the same time being credited as a major force behind the creation of Pakistan.

Not the Anthem

Sehwag309

Banned
PEOPLE GOING FOR THE ONE-DAYERS

Kindly be sporting and put up a banner saying "Hi Sehwag309 from Cricketweb" or "HELLO CRICKETWEB", u can have 2 banners..

But someone bloody do it

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
Sehwag309 said:
Muhammad Iqbal

Allama Dr. Sir Muhammad IqbalAllama Dr. Sir Muhammad Iqbal (November 9, 1877-April 21, 1938) was an important Indian Muslim poet from the colonial era, a philosopher and thinker of Kashmiri origin. A major Urdu and Persian writer, he is in the unusual position of having penned one of India's major national songs (Sare Jahan Se Accha) while at the same time being credited as a major force behind the creation of Pakistan.

Not the Anthem
soz i thaught that was the indian national anthem