• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
Show me some site where he says what yo said for them being the reasons exactly.
I can't be bothered to look, but I seem to remember the quote was something about seeing how the players had responded so well to Vaughan, he thought it was time to pass on the captaincy to him.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
Sehwag309 said:
I mean chill man, I didnt mean to be so rude but we are reaching time when either fans are appreciating each others game/players genuinely; shouldn't be spoiled by judging a section of crowd or something you felt personally.
he probably got the idea from cricinfo

The silence of Pakistan's victory

The sustained silence that greeted Pakistan's extraordinary victory today was the lowest point of a superb Test series. Given how a year ago applause had poured in for a dramatic last-ball victory by the Indians at Karachi, an applause that then resonated for the rest of the tour, Bangalore was an embarrassment.

This is not to say that applause must beget applause. As much would be gratuitous. Indeed, there is a minor consolation in that India-Pakistan cricket is assuming an air of normalcy, able to stand by itself as a sporting encounter. Yet if the first step towards that normalcy includes the inability to recognize the worth of the opponent's performance, then there is reason to worry. Bangalore must count as the most graceless performance by an Indian crowd since the racist barbs which were thrown at the West Indians by Bombayites two seasons ago.

Pakistan played stirring cricket today, and have done all series, notwithstanding the last day at Calcutta. They came a young and fragile team and that from a tour of Australia. Plain to the eye they worked phenomenally hard and shed themselves of fear. Inzamam and his exquisite hundred from 7 for 2 in the opening hour; Sami and his long pouty spells of short and fast bowling; Afridi, batting, bowling and fielding like a bomb on speed; Kaneria and his relentless scatter-limbed twirling, and of course, Younis Khan, who completed one of cricket's great turnarounds from Mohali, where he could not take guard without dropping a catch or losing his wicket…. Pakistan were inspiring at Bangalore. Considering the situation at lunch yesterday, they made a match out of nothing. They deserved a hand

Sehwag309

Banned
I know he got it from there...but the crowd was probably shocked in the end but were very good overall, I was infact little worried of all were given some kinda dose to keep their chin up.

It was a festive mood, thanx to Karachi which started the Trend.

mofo123

U19 12th Man
Right might sound like an ODD question at this stage in he game...but WHY oh why r the ashes more hyped then pakistan and india matches...personally i think india pakistan series r 10 times better...the ashes r just...not as exciting...simply coz england never put up a fight...well maybe sumtimes but RARELY

adharcric

International Coach
Nnanden said:
I know Powar is meant to be alright... but is he really up to Test standard?
Powar was excellent in the Challenger Series (I think it was that one, or some other recent domestic-level series) with both bat and ball, that too against the best in the nation. No reason why he shouldn't be ready considering he's got talent and a fighting attitude which Team India desperately needs from its players.

Sehwag309

Banned
mofo123 said:
Right might sound like an ODD question at this stage in he game...but WHY oh why r the ashes more hyped then pakistan and india matches...personally i think india pakistan series r 10 times better...the ashes r just...not as exciting...simply coz england never put up a fight...well maybe sumtimes but RARELY
Perhaps the History, and the setup,, once in Eng, then in Aus, then in Eng

Ind/Pak just starting that but its going bit too far, every year??

The Ashes are 5 test which I would love to see India/Pak Play

And this time around, Eng is no muck in Test No.1 and No.2 Teams are playing so its gonna be exciting cricket..

I wont be able to watch on TV, but internet TV aint bad if one knows how to transfer broadcast to TV

Atleast, dont have to worry why ganguly can't play or what happened to Sachin..supporting england all the way

Deja moo

International Captain
And now they want the Indo-Pak test series to be an annual affair. India are already scheduled to visit pakistan again next January. Does the word "OVERKILL" mean nothing to these greedy Board officials ??

Deja moo

International Captain
Update from the India A vs Pak OD game ...

India A 171/6 in 42.3 overs.

S Raina 44* (54)

Naved Ul Hasan 8.3-1-38-2.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Deja moo said:
And now they want the Indo-Pak test series to be an annual affair. India are already scheduled to visit pakistan again next January. Does the word "OVERKILL" mean nothing to these greedy Board officials ??
A five-Test series every few years or so would be much better than a short series every year, as Mr. 309 says. An annual ODI series (not too long though) would be OK I think.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
after malik hitting a fine 81 pakistan has serious selection issues,4 me malik is a must specially against india

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
A five-Test series every few years or so would be much better than a short series every year, as Mr. 309 says. An annual ODI series (not too long though) would be OK I think.
I think a five test series every alternate year is good enough. This will mean a home series every four years and an away series every four years like the Ashes. Thats good I think. Plus I would like to see more first class games. At least 2-3 before the first test and at least one after every subsequent test. This way the domestic players will get a proper opportunity PLUS the visitors will get to try the bench strength.

I think at the end of the tests and first class games, they should play a tri series which is more fun than a one against one following the test series.

I like the Australian format when they have the triseries. It breaks the monotony of the same two teams competeing over a dozen international games.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
iv heard they might try him as an opener ,if he can adjust very well to no 3 position that means he is very very talented he can even adjust as an opener

deeps

International 12th Man
in the one dayers, i'd imagin afridi will remain at 6. Shoaib Malik has the potential to become a good opener, it's worth a shot...once pakistan are 3-0 up :P

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
deeps said:
in the one dayers, i'd imagin afridi will remain at 6. Shoaib Malik has the potential to become a good opener, it's worth a shot...once pakistan are 3-0 up :P
Ki khushi se mar na jaate agar aitbaar hota !!

deeps

International 12th Man
can i get a translation plz sjs? i'm indian, but been in perth all my life and never learnt hindi...i can speak my native malayalam which is kerala but that's all!