• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
terrific series by two very even teams in cricket. both teams showed that they have batting class but have a sever lack of quality bowlers.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
haha just read over 10 pages of discussions... interesting to say the least!

ODI series should be very competitive! :)

Duncan

U19 Debutant
I'm still clueless as to why they made this a 6 match ODI series? Why not just make 7 so that there can't the series can't be drawn? It will be very disappointing if it ends up 3-3. And I see that happening as the teams are quite evenly matched up in ODIs.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I still think this match was not so much won by Pakistan as was lost by India. The first innings was proof of that. Pakistan showed a lot of application and determination in this test, inspite of missing some big bowlers and being rather short-charged in the bowling department and I think it was the same determination and application that was missing from the Indians. India deserved to lose, really. I think they should be ashamed of the way they played. You do tend to lose to the better teams on the day, but atleast let them earn their win. Gifting wickets away in the first innings was just so irresponsible and almost immature.

Duncan

U19 Debutant
"I think it was the same determination and application that was missing from the Indians."
So it means India was outplayed... c'mon now... the posts coming from the Indians are quite disappointing...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think India will do well to even win 2 ODIs. Pakistan have always looked the better ODI side between these two since last August and I think, after their confidence boosting showing in the tests, 5-1 is a serious possibility. And maybe it should happen, you know, atleast to see if the selectors finally muster the courage to axe Sourav. He has been the best captain for India, atleast statistically and it is true that he has been the best leader of men from India, but I juz get the feeling that his time has come.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Pakistan played awesome to bowl india out .. what a tight match.. thrilling to the final moments.. though i thought with indias capability they would have alteast drawn the match let alone win it..

Duncan

U19 Debutant
honestbharani said:
I think India will do well to even win 2 ODIs. Pakistan have always looked the better ODI side between these two since last August and I think, after their confidence boosting showing in the tests, 5-1 is a serious possibility. And maybe it should happen, you know, atleast to see if the selectors finally muster the courage to axe Sourav. He has been the best captain for India, atleast statistically and it is true that he has been the best leader of men from India, but I juz get the feeling that his time has come.
I don't see how Ganguly is so highly rated as India's best captain. India's been successful under his captaincy because of it's strong batting, not because of him.

And as for Pakistan winning the ODIs... yeah they are the favorites. I feel their number six, seven and eight will make the difference. They always seem to demolish India in the last 10 overs.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Duncan said:
I don't see how Ganguly is so highly rated as India's best captain. India's been successful under his captaincy because of it's strong batting, not because of him.

And as for Pakistan winning the ODIs... yeah they are the favorites. I feel their number six, seven and eight will make the difference. They always seem to demolish India in the last 10 overs.
Agreed. Agreed. There is skill and then there is luck. And then there is the sheer stupditity of Indian Cricket. Tendulkar - a God? After the way he played yesterday - and the way he has been (non)playing in pressure situations the last many years. And Ganguly - the less said the better.

Throw all the bums out, I say :@

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
Duncan said:
I'm still clueless as to why they made this a 6 match ODI series? Why not just make 7 so that there can't the series can't be drawn? It will be very disappointing if it ends up 3-3. And I see that happening as the teams are quite evenly matched up in ODIs.
I believe it will be 3-3 aswell, and yes they are evenly matched up, because they both will play really well to win 3, but loose the rest 3, because lets face, they both can go down pretty fast.

JustTool

State 12th Man
biased indian said:
Inzamam baned from one test match for over appealing :) :)
Ganguly and Tendulkat should have been banned for non-playing and non-captaining. And Ganguly should just be banned for stupidity and having no guts.

A gutless, spinless show if I ever saw one. And the selctors make him captain ofr the one-day series. What a corrupt system :@ :wacko:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
JustTool said:
Agreed. Agreed. There is skill and then there is luck. And then there is the sheer stupditity of Indian Cricket. Tendulkar - a God? After the way he played yesterday - and the way he has been (non)playing in pressure situations the last many years. And Ganguly - the less said the better.

Throw all the bums out, I say :@
You got to love the Indian fans one loss and their calling for everyones heads. I would be funny if they got their way and Ganguly, Tendulkar and Laxman all got dropped. You would have batting line that looks like this:
1. Shewag
2. Ghambir
3. Dravid (c)
4. Yuraj
5. Kaif
6. Mongia/ Siram
7. Khartik

Not very meanacing

Duncan

U19 Debutant
chaminda_00 said:
Not very meanacing
Yeah but your spelling of the word menacing was quite menacing. Ok sorry, bad joke. I agree, it would depend WAY too much on Sehwag and Dravid. They are obviously being emotional when they call for all these guys to be dropped. When any of them lead India to victory in the upcoming ODIs, they will start praising them again and forget all about this test series. 8-)

Deja moo

International Captain
SJS said:
Oh comeon. Thats not fair. The fellow was so distraught at being bowled. He just stood their in shock. I really feel sorry for him Its not a great feeling to be brought down from a pedestal.

Incorrect.

At the end of the day, Gangs explained that he hadnt heard the ball rattling the stumps and was under the impression that the Pakistani players were celebrating an apparent stumping. And of course, since he was within the crease, he wasnt sure why he was out.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Duncan said:
Yeah but your spelling of the word menacing was quite menacing.
I think you guys place to much importance on spelling, but if you guys really want i will use spell check next time. You can so tell the guys that are over 30 when they cry about spelling or texting

deeps

International 12th Man
i remember once steve waugh getting fined when he lingered after being run out

He dove to get in his crease, and it was a very close call... He then stood up and hung around, because he hadn't seen the umpire give him out.. He simply thought the other team was celebrating because they thought he was out. Then the umpire went up and said "i gave you out steve" where steve waugh replied "are you sure?" and the ump said "yup" and steve waugh left the ground

He was then fined... i thought that was rather harsh on him ,as it was clear he wasn't lookin in the direction of the ump when he was given, and in 90% of cases the 3rd umpire is called for in calls so close.

I wonder wether ganguls will get a fine or anything of the sort.

Inzi's suspension is harsh, and there was nothign too untoward to warrant a suspension. A fine ,yes, a suspension no most defintaely noT!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
Incorrect.

At the end of the day, Gangs explained that he hadnt heard the ball rattling the stumps and was under the impression that the Pakistani players were celebrating an apparent stumping. And of course, since he was within the crease, he wasnt sure why he was out.
Yes. I know that too now :)

But it is still no disgrace as it was made out just because he stood there.

I must mention that if he was stunned and shocked, he is unlikely to admit that at the newsconference. Not Ganguly.