• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
maxpower said:
well deserved victory for PAK, if the big four of IND only manage 40 some runs, and give 3 wickets to afridi, they deserved to loose to PAK. Wright is right, IND lacks killer instinct.
Thanks Maxpower. This is what I said. India lost due to its batsmen and Pakistan won because of its batsmen.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
Sanz said:
Thanks Maxpower. This is what I said. India lost due to its batsmen and Pakistan won because of its batsmen.
Personally I was most dissapointed with Sachin, I know he has a 93, and 2 other 50's in the series, also I understand from his point that he has to adapt to different role as a batsmen everytime team and ganguly require him to, but sometimes hes just got to put his footdown and say damn it let me play my game!!!!!

cricket player

International Debutant
good to seeing pakistan thrashing india all over The ground,Keeping the nosiy crowd atleast shut for one minute,What does the indian crowd want?they want india to win all the matches,what the I mean they did not even cheer the pakistani crowd after they have won a miracle game,

And They expect to win the heart of the pakistanis huh jeez what sort of people is that.

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
The silence of Pakistan's victory

The sustained silence that greeted Pakistan's extraordinary victory today was the lowest point of a superb Test series. Given how a year ago applause had poured in for a dramatic last-ball victory by the Indians at Karachi, an applause that then resonated for the rest of the tour, Bangalore was an embarrassment.

This is not to say that applause must beget applause. As much would be gratuitous. Indeed, there is a minor consolation in that India-Pakistan cricket is assuming an air of normalcy, able to stand by itself as a sporting encounter. Yet if the first step towards that normalcy includes the inability to recognize the worth of the opponent's performance, then there is reason to worry. Bangalore must count as the most graceless performance by an Indian crowd since the racist barbs which were thrown at the West Indians by Bombayites two seasons ago.

Pakistan played stirring cricket today, and have done all series, notwithstanding the last day at Calcutta. They came a young and fragile team and that from a tour of Australia. Plain to the eye they worked phenomenally hard and shed themselves of fear. Inzamam and his exquisite hundred from 7 for 2 in the opening hour; Sami and his long pouty spells of short and fast bowling; Afridi, batting, bowling and fielding like a bomb on speed; Kaneria and his relentless scatter-limbed twirling, and of course, Younis Khan, who completed one of cricket's great turnarounds from Mohali, where he could not take guard without dropping a catch or losing his wicket…. Pakistan were inspiring at Bangalore. Considering the situation at lunch yesterday, they made a match out of nothing. They deserved a hand.

It should be perhaps spelt out here that there was no viciousness on view. Rather it was an indifference, one which has been evident over the last few days. Kaneria, among the performers of the series, regularly patrolled the boundary in front of the stand I have watched from, and not once did he receive appreciation at the end of a successful over or spell. Afridi was met with similar apathy. Words directed at them, if any, were not flattering. The contrast when an Indian extra walked by with a crate of drinks was embarrassing. Rarely was a Pakistani boundary or an Indian wicket, and there were enough of both, clapped on.

At the presentation ceremony fifteen minutes after the finish today, modest applause was handed out to Inzamam and Younis Khan. Again, the reception was, what, twenty times smaller than the boos for Ganguly and the cheers for Sehwag. Simply, you would think that this Test match was being played by one team. Well, it almost was, and that team was not India.

Granted that the Indians played pathetic cricket on the day, and the shock of their supporters is understandable. But just as there was a leaf to be taken out of Pakistan's marvellous performance by the Indian cricket team, so should there be one for the Indian spectators from their counterparts'. This insularity is regressive and terribly disturbing.

http://uk.cricinfo.com/link_to_data.../2005/MAR/217236_INDPAK2004-05_28MAR2005.html

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
I think one who gets a start far more often is more useful to a team than one who gets such inconsistent scores.
If that is your arguement for Tendulkar being past his best I am afraid its a weak one.

Its the first time in his career he has been scoring as much below twenty. And in this series he has started scoring more consistently again even though the big scores havent come.

People forget the past and potential from his big scores very fast.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Hussain gave up the captaincy because he saw someone else doing a very good job which in his mind was better than he could do.

Is that situation the same for Ganguly?
Hussain gave up the captaincy for different reasons that the ones stated by you!

mofo123

U19 12th Man
biased indian said:
didn't he gave gambir out lbw with a inside edge :)

but he did a excellent job in the end during the pressure situations
no he didnt...as i saw it and so did the snik-o-meter there was one sound that means ball hit pad and bat together...fair decision he deserved to b out earlier anyway...i really hated the way the indian players sulked at the desions ESP ganguly...inzi banned for 1 match btw:( to b fair i didnt see any decent i actually saw billy running after inzi to explain sumting...inzi was just asking which as far as i knw asking is not illegal

PS dont go giving me examples of inzi sulking in mohali coz he shouldnt have been given out according to the decision made today

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
If that is your arguement for Tendulkar being past his best I am afraid its a weak one.

Its the first time in his career he has been scoring as much below twenty.
Which is exactly why this argument is valid!

For the first time in his career he isn't as dependable as he used to be...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

he he he, all you indian fans should be very afraid from this point onwards, the ODI are starting on saturday and frankly MAD MAN AFRIDI is goinig to absolutely destroy the Indians

JustTool

State 12th Man
SJS said:
This Pakistan team is NOT in disarray and hasnt been since the partnership between Akmal and Razzaq. Those of us (Indians I mean) have not seen that have been indulging in wishful-thinking-turned-dreaming.

They have played well since then and we should not be surprised if they win this test.

Yes India should have played positively, not because they could have won the test but because they dont want Pakistan to believe so early in the day that THEY cant lose it now.

Regarding Saurav coming in at number three. It can only be justified as a measure to try and do something about Saurav's form. As a measure for the team's good, it doesnt sound very right (not now in hindsight when Dravid is gone but before the event).

If Ganguly had walked in at number three and played his strokes and got out (as anyone can) it would have been called, by one and all, a most ridiculous decision.

He is/was in no position to gamble with the series result in the balance.
You are as clear and concise in your pot as Saurav is in his muddled mind. I posted after India lost 3-4 wickets and whjat I said came true. Ganguly is a spoily brat and the Indian performance was pathetic. They don't need sycophant fans - what they need is a kick in the 'a%^%' by being dropped so their money endorsements come to an end. Then they will imrpove.

Pathetic. Just pathetic.

cricket player

International Debutant
I mean it is very sad to see the indian crowd booing pakistan and i think india has one of the worst crowd every,They are just pathatic.

Sehwag309

Banned
cricket player said:
I mean it is very sad to see the indian crowd booing pakistan and i think india has one of the worst crowd every,They are just pathatic.
I think your eyes are pathetic, did u even watch the GAME?

India was booeing Ganguly and Cheering Inzamam..Bangalore crowd was Fantastic IMO, they were all having fun

Passionate crowd who love their cricket, atleast they turn up for the game

Whatever dirt u have in ur mind, get it off..and relax, I have plenty of stuff for ur People too

cricket player

International Debutant
Sehwag309 said:
I think your eyes are pathetic, did u even watch the GAME?

India was booeing Ganguly and Cheering Inzamam..Bangalore crowd was Fantastic IMO, they were all having fun

Passionate crowd who love their cricket, atleast they turn up for the game

Whatever dirt u have in ur mind, get it off..and relax, I have plenty of stuff for ur People too
Ok :)

Sehwag309

Banned
cricket player said:
I mean chill man, I didnt mean to be so rude but we are reaching time when either fans are appreciating each others game/players genuinely; shouldn't be spoiled by judging a section of crowd or something you felt personally.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
he he he, all you indian fans should be very afraid from this point onwards, the ODI are starting on saturday and frankly MAD MAN AFRIDI is goinig to absolutely destroy the Indians
Yeah with the bat and bowl.

It looks like England are now undoubtly the 2nd best team in the world after India's performances. Where was the Indian team that was in Australia 2 summers ago, it the same names but not the same performances. Maybe that Australian bowling attack was really that bad and most sides in the world would of had the same results aganist it.