• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
congrats pakistan!!! pathetic display by india :@ ...but pakistan persevered till the end and were rewarded with a well-deserved victory!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Is that situation the same for Ganguly?
maybe not...but unless he performs as a batsman it will become increasingly difficult to justify his place in the team...

shankar

International Debutant
SJS said:
Sorry I stand corrected. It is on TimesofIndia's home page !!

The bolds below are some of the links on that page.

BANGALORE TEST | DAY 5

Pak beat India by 168 runs, square series

The great Indian batting line-up once again failed to deliver as Pakistan defeated India by 168 runs in a thriller to square the three-Test series 1-1.
Scorecard

Send hate mail to Sourav Ganguly

Pakistan's India tour: Full Coverage

Disgraceful!!! :@ That too from the highest circulated English daily in the world.​

biased indian

International Coach
dont start hitting at me, i was late and had to post this :)

L Balaji lbw b Danish Kaneria 0 this has to be in the best joke of the day

Pakistanis appealed for a catch and tauffel gave it as catch
they should have let it like that, may be tauffel when came back and so the replay might have thought' that it will look better if it is a lbw rather giving a catch of the cap

and up untill today i thought that he was a good umpire .but he did fail in a pressure cooker situation and he earlier did miss a simple caught behind of gambir.still he is a lot better than bucknor .But billy was excellent.

Last edited:

Sudeep

International Captain
biased indian said:
dont start hitting at me i was alte and u ahd to post this :)

L Balaji lbw b Danish Kaneria 0 this has to be in the best joke of the day

pakistanis appealed for a catch and tauffel gave it as catch
they should have let it like that, may be tauffel when came back and so the replay might have thought' that it will look better if it is a lbw rather giving a catch of the cap

and up untill today i thought that he was a good umpire .but he did fail in a pressure cooker situation and he earlier did miss a simple caught behind of gambir.still he is a lot better than bucknor .But billy was excellent.
I thought the same thing.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
viktor said:
I agree...absolutely disgusting that one of the best papers in india can stoop to such levels!!!
Err, did you mean one of the worst ?? TOI Internet edition is one of the worst(if not the worst) newspaper I have ever read.

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
Well what a great win by Pak..Well done pak team and Inzy..It's a drawn series but feel like a win ;)

Although Indian fans will be dejected at losing the match but I think The Indian team can hold their heads up high along with the Pakistanis for giving us some amazing test match cricket to watch!! As Dravid said after Mohalli, this is great advertisement for test cricket, the whole series has been beautiful, full of action & drama..ODI's can never compare...

Also credit to Indian crowds is due for their sporting behaviour, especially at Mohalli, they were great!!

And I have changed my minds about two players after this series!! Younis Khan finally come of age and batted brilliantly for Pak and one Virender Sehwag whose an amazing player and deserves full credit!!

Ohh and the prophets who predicted 3-0? how tastes thy foot? try it with apple sauce!! ;)

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
Salute the Inzamam’s warriors

It is a common sight to see Kites flying over the Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore. May be they spy the ground to see whether there are any carcasses left for them to enjoy a good meal. Inzamam and Co might have drawn inspiration from those kites to become hungrier in their approach. Anyway the ground at Bangalore is strewn with the skeletons of Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev based on the confrontation which took place some 18 years ago between the same two sides. May be they smelt the blood from those decomposed which made them so aggressive and the Indians wilted under the relentless pressure. It was a remarkable turnaround for Pakistani cricket to have come back to level the series 1-1 against this very fine Indian side.
If anyone saw the fifth day of the game the difference between the two sides was palpable. One side badly wanted to win while the other side was in a confused state of mind and the result was never in doubt. Pakistan were the hungrier side and they made things happen. The Pakistani close in fielders cordoned off the Indian batsmen as the security personnel would do a Head of State during an emergency. They egged on each other and they showed passion and fierce determination which rattled the Indian team.

What can be said of India? Gautam Gambhir had a fortuitous start to the day when Bowden missed a clear edge and he didn’t capitalize on that. He fell for 52 against the fiery Sami.

Virender Sehwag – He played well and he gave an impression as if India were going for the improbable target. He had a close shave when the umpire turned down a confident appeal against him which made Inzamam behave like a kid whose expensive foreign candy was stolen from him. The skipper didn’t cover himself with glory and he should be sheepish about that. Hopefully Chris Broad will rap him on his knuckles with a hefty fine or a suspension. This was the only blot for the Pakistani skipper on an otherwise a perfect day.

The so-called wall (Rahul Dravid) crumbled with a whimper. He never looked comfortable against Kaneria and he lost his wicket Arshad Khan who has to thank his vice captain Younis Khan for a brilliant catch. Anyway Rahul Dravid can’t be blamed too much since he is probably the worst player of quality spin in the Indian lineup. He was woefully out of sorts on this very important day. He can’t be blamed for the defeat since he has contributed a lot in this series. But he needs to learn to talk properly in the media. The moment he has compared his Kolkata efforts with Waugh’s 1997 Manchester efforts he has fallen flat on his face with a loud noise.

What can be said of the man who is supposedly the best batsman (Sachin Tendulkar) in the world? What is the point of scoring 10,000 odd runs when you can’t convert a start to a big score on a critical day? He was the only player who looked comfortable against the three pronged Pakistani spin attack and the hostile Sami. He was conducting a coaching class for youngsters on how to play the turning and bouncing ball on a fifth day track with his late adjustments and excellent judgment. He also handled the reverse swing and the barrage of bouncers from Sami with aplomb. But what is the point of doing all these things perfectly when you can’t finish off a job which has been commenced in the right earnest. If he gave in thanks to the cruel back pain at Chennai in 1999 against the same opposition after scoring a wonderful 136 what is the excuse here six years later? May be he has to go to his grave with yet another unfinished agenda against Pakistan in the fourth innings. Why did he give the strike to Dinesh Karthik against Sami when it was obvious that only the great man had the technique to face those big indippers bowled at 90 MPH? Does he lack street smartness? The jury is still out.

Saurav Ganguly was cleaned up by a ripping Afridi leg break and Laxman was caught napping in front of the wicket by another Afridi missile. The Indian tail offered some resistance led by the dogged Anil Kumble. But Pakistan couldn’t be denied on this day. They completed yet another FAMOUS win on this historic ground.

Did the Indians go to their shells a bit too early? Was that the right decision? Was that instructed by the team management? Was there any game plan when the Indians were batting in the last session? Who is going to answer these questions?

Pakistan needs to be congratulated for this wonderful performance. The skipper and the coach needs to get lots of plaudits for this stupendous achievement. The final day’s play showed the glimpse of the famous Pakistani fighting spirit which was such a common sight in the 80s and 90s. May be it is not advisable to run into them when they are this hot. Not many Indians will be amused by this performance since they have seen so may of these wonderful efforts from the former Pakistani sides. Afterall Pakistan is not India’s biggest bugbear without a reason.

Afridi needs a special mention for his final day efforts. He radiated so much energy which might have melted a glacier. His bowling was probing and he troubled all the Indian batsmen except Sachin and he took the big wickets at the right time.

Where can India go from here? This 1-1 result at home against this Pakistani side has to be equated to a sound defeat. They couldn’t perform the coup de grace at Mohali and they will live to regret that. In Bangalore the final day display was reminiscent of a rudderless ship which ran aground. May be some of the Indian batsmen have left their back bones in the comforts of their dressing rooms. The skipper needs to get some form to lead the side positively from the front. The big names need to get big scores if they get a start. One needs to question the fitness of India’s premier left arm fast bowler. He looked out of sorts throughout the series. Was he fully fit? Harbhajan seemed to bowl mostly from his memory and he never looked like the Turbanator we all know. The Indian fielding and catching left a lot to be desired.

This defeat should rankle the Indians for a long time. It should hurt the players and fans for a long time. Just when we thought we have exorcised the ghosts of Pakistan from the 80s it has risen like phoenix from the Ashes. Unfortunately there will be 6 meaningless ODI games played in some six horse towns and the fans and players will forget this shameful performance based on the exploits there. We will get to see some asinine headlines like “Men in Blue show the way”, “Yuvraj guides India to win” and blah blah blah. Hopefully the Pakistanis will give us a sound thrashing in the one dayers which will not allow this humiliation to be camouflaged.

The graveyard at Bangalore has some addition in the form of skeletons of Gangulys, Tendulkars and Dravids which will inspire the men from Pakistan the next time they play a test there. What an irony in life?

--BRS (Just not able to assimilate this humiliating defeat; Gutted by this huge letdown)

Sudeep

International Captain
Sanz said:
Err, did you mean one of the worst ?? TOI Internet edition is one of the worst(if not the worst) newspaper I have ever read.
Actually, the hardcopy edition has also degraded fairly in the last couple of years.

**wonders if he should remove the above text, for the fear of losing a writing spot for the local supplement**

deeps

International 12th Man
great win by pakistan..younis khan deservedly motm...india only had one stand out performer the whole test...sehwag

Pakistan had Khan, inzi, sami, afridi....... hence they won the game

The umpiring was excellent by billy bowden, got all the close calls absolutely spot on. Taufel had a dodgy day, but i think it was still better than some decisions that have been made.

I think afridi has shown why he should be a permanent fixture in the test team, due to his all round abiltiy and even his unpredictabilty

And for whomever said that dravid was the worst player of spin in the indian team, and also said that tendulkar is the world's best batsman...can i have some of what your smoking?

tendulkar is not even a shade of what he used to be, and i wouldn't put him in my top 5 batsman in the world atm. Dravid is the best batsman in the indian team and in the world, and you dont get that sort of recognition by being weak against spin bowling.

biased indian

International Coach
deeps said:
great win by pakistan..younis khan deservedly motm...india only had one stand out performer the whole test...sehwag

Pakistan had Khan, inzi, sami, afridi....... hence they won the game

The umpiring was excellent by billy bowden, got all the close calls absolutely spot on. Taufel had a dodgy day, but i think it was still better than some decisions that have been made.
didn't he gave gambir out lbw with a inside edge :)

but he did a excellent job in the end during the pressure situations

Shahid_afridi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
greeeeat win by pakistan!!!i think the main factor why india lost is because they played toooo defensive.tendulkar should have put away some loose deliveries but i think he just hasnt the potential anymore of doing that.oh and by the way could please everybody who said that sami is crap write:`i am dumb!sami is a great bowler`? :p i also think it was a very good bowling performance of the inexperienced pak attack.but they were too under-rated from the beginning on.

does anyone know when sony will show the highlights???????

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Sanz said:
I was used to the paper edition, which used to be good when I was in India. Hence the "best paper" bit....

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
A little diversion here, what do you have to say about the practice match in Hyderabad? Hopefully this XI plays for India A, with Neeraj, Sriram and Bose sitting out, Dhoni at three. Dinesh being brought back was a step backward, though.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
well deserved victory for PAK, if the big four of IND only manage 40 some runs, and give 3 wickets to afridi, they deserved to loose to PAK. Wright is right, IND lacks killer instinct.