• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty sick lightning show in Geelong right now tbh

(about 70km SW of Melbourne for non victorians/Australians)

I'd say there will be time enough for either result to happen in the end, rain should be gone by the afternoon

anaksr

U19 Debutant
So, if in case play resumes at some time and batsmen says he cannot properly see the bowl due to insufficient light. What's the rule for that?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

I'd say there will be time enough for either result to happen in the end, rain should be gone by the afternoon
Geelong rain report = summer is here

cnerd123

likes this
So, if in case play resumes at some time and batsmen says he cannot properly see the bowl due to insufficient light. What's the rule for that?
Batsmen cannot ask the umpires to stop the play due to poor light if I understand correctly. That's the umpires call.

In ICC events they use a light meter to make readings and decide based off that.

Midwinter

State Captain

Thanks , been waiting for this

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
According to Google should be less than 3% chance of rain in Richmond from 1 to 3. So a whole session should get played

SillyCowCorner1

Batsmen cannot ask the umpires to stop the play due to poor light if I understand correctly. That's the umpires call.

In ICC events they use a light meter to make readings and decide based off that.
Batsman said he can't see the ball.
He didn't beg the umps to suspend play.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
with the rain now, i think australia has a good chance to get away with a draw here...we really suck at closing games out, don't we?

vcs

Pat Cummins, what an incredible effort. Hope it clears up soon and we get a result.