• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
To Add on, India managed to lose their last 2 ODI Finals w/o him, he just came back and I feel the added pressure of Lara's record is getting to him a bit
Again, Can you please answer me this question?

Is Tendulkar only for making records? Is he not helping India's cause in SRL. If you think his personal record added pressure, then that means you are assuming Sachin is selfish. Is he? I dont think so. He plays for the team IMO. :)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still, the pressure of becoming the leading run-scorer in Test history is a big thing, even for somebody as selfless as Tendulkar.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Still, the pressure of becoming the leading run-scorer in Test history is a big thing, even for somebody as selfless as Tendulkar.
Yes. Naturally if you are playing for the team and performing with the team the record will be on its way. I do not think Sachin gets too much panic or pressurized for what is happening in news/media.

Last edited:

Precambrian

Banned
Two of the best Indian batsmen based on current form back in the hut. India effectively 5 down. What a cruel joke to end an otherwise well contested series.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Indeed. A ****ing joke of a performance from the Indian 'batsmen'. All that is left is for the middle order to churn out some useless 40s or 50s to save their places from scrutiny.

Perm

I don't want to group all Indian fans as one, but you guys really do need to have a decent ****ing look at yourselves. It's ridiculous how much criticism you dish out to them, having absolutely no idea how much pressure they are under from the millions of people in India who worship these guys like gods.

Disappointing that Sehwag and Gambir couldn't continue, they were looking very good. Was just thinking to myself "how good would a Dravid century be right now?", hope he can do it.

Precambrian

Banned
I don't want to group all Indian fans as one, but you guys really do need to have a decent ****ing look at yourselves. It's ridiculous how much criticism you dish out to them, having absolutely no idea how much pressure they are under from the millions of people in India who worship these guys like gods.

Disappointing that Sehwag and Gambir couldn't continue, they were looking very good. Was just thinking to myself "how good would a Dravid century be right now?", hope he can do it.
Thanks honey. We will take care of ourselves. no need for your ****king advice.

Having said that, apart from Tendulkar and Laxman to some extent, the other two, namely Ganguly and Dravid DO deserve heaps of criticism that they get. Look at their stats man. Look at Dravid. Since Dec 15, 2006, he averages 32 in Test cricket in 21 Test Matches. Take away Bangladesh matches, and the average drops to below 30! Thats pathetic. And still he has managed to cling onto a test spot for almost 2 years.

And the case of Ganguly. In 2008, he has played 9 test matches so far, and hasn't scored a Test century so far, and averages a pathetic 29-odd.

These are valid - very valid criticism, and only if this duo salvages India out of trouble in this very test match, they can merit selection inthe next series against Australia.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
C'mon. It's not like I'm ranting daily, but our batting performance this series, bar the openers, has been unacceptable.

Perm

I'm not saying the criticism is unwarranted, as in some occasions it is, but Indian fans have very short memories and it can get very frustrating when they are baying for the blood of the same players they were championing just a couple of months ago.

Just an observation on my behalf, nothing more.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not saying the criticism is unwarranted, as in some occasions it is, but Indian fans have very short memories and it can get very frustrating when they are baying for the blood of the same players they were championing just a couple of months ago.

Just an observation on my behalf, nothing more.
True. But is it so harsh to expect more than one fifty from a very much hyped middle order in a three match Test series? Sometimes the recent past becomes irrelevant.

Precambrian

Banned
Code:
19.2  	Muralitharan to Ganguly, no run, dropped by Mahela at first slip. Pretty similar to Dravid drop of Sangakkara. It was the off break, flat and quick, on the off stump line, Ganguly chose to go back - not the length for it- and had a poke and it flew to left of Mahela who couldn't hold on
Could this be a turning point? Did J'Wrdene just dropped the Idea Cup?

Perm

Ganguly counter-attacking after being beaten and then dropped, good to see a positive attitude. Similar to what happened against Hogg in Australia, hopefully he can push on this time.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Thanks honey. We will take care of ourselves. no need for your ****king advice.

Having said that, apart from Tendulkar and Laxman to some extent, the other two, namely Ganguly and Dravid DO deserve heaps of criticism that they get. Look at their stats man. Look at Dravid. Since Dec 15, 2006, he averages 32 in Test cricket in 21 Test Matches. Take away Bangladesh matches, and the average drops to below 30! Thats pathetic. And still he has managed to cling onto a test spot for almost 2 years.

And the case of Ganguly. In 2008, he has played 9 test matches so far, and hasn't scored a Test century so far, and averages a pathetic 29-odd.

These are valid - very valid criticism, and only if this duo salvages India out of trouble in this very test match, they can merit selection inthe next series against Australia.

Perfectly said. India's batting lineup has been underperforming for so long now....that it is nothing short of a joke that a batsman in the prime of his form in Badrinath is not seen as a replacement for these fading stars.

Precambrian

Banned
There is a limit to trying your luck with the third umpire Mahela, that hit the middle of the bat!

There goes Ganguly up for a decision for the third umpire! Looks out! Should be the END of Ganguly's test career if there is any fair justice in this world.

Last edited: