• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa

Dravid

International Captain
adharcric said:
He's quite good at accelerating the run rate. Don't go by the recent ****-up against Australia in the CT, he can really hit in the late overs. He's just been out of touch lately.
Em right, let's see how useful he will be in the Twenty20, if he plays.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Proposed 20-20 lineup:
  • Sehwag
  • Tendulkar
  • Dhoni (WK?)
  • Dravid
  • Raina
  • Irfan (LMF)
  • Karthik (WK)
  • Harbhajan (OB)
  • Zaheer (LFM)
  • Agarkar/Munaf (RMF)
  • Sreesanth (RFM)
Let's just hope we don't see Dinesh Mongia or Jaffer or Kumble in this match. This looks a reasonably good fielding side with as many as seven bowling options.

adharcric

International Coach
Raina is a much better striker of the ball than Mongia. Granted his performance has been poor in one-dayers of late, which is why he should sit out if he fails again.
This is a Twenty20 though.

Dravid

International Captain
Seriously Raina can be whatever he wants, but I hate him now. I was seriously cursing at the TV when I saw him bat against Australia and I lost all respect I had for him as a player.

adharcric

International Coach
Dravid said:
Seriously Raina can be whatever he wants, but I hate him now. I was seriously cursing at the TV when I saw him bat against Australia and I lost all respect I had for him as a player.
If you're going to say crap like that, I have nothing to say to you. You might as well hate every international cricketer for making a mistake on the field.

Dravid

International Captain
adharcric said:
If you're going to say crap like that, I have nothing to say to you. You might as well hate every international cricketer for making a mistake on the field.
Not really, I mean it's not like he did any better against West Indies taking all the strike but not doing much, but I was cool with that. But what he did against Australia really pissed me off, and I mean realllyyyy pissed me off.

adharcric

International Coach
Dravid said:
Not really, I mean it's not like he did any better against West Indies taking all the strike but not doing much, but I was cool with that. But what he did against Australia really pissed me off, and I mean realllyyyy pissed me off.
Could it be that Dravid and Chappell made a mistake by sending him in when Pathan should have been sent in? Anyways, this whole business of hating players because they make a mistake is not something I'd like to discuss right now. Been there, done that courtesy of SS. Let's just see how Raina does in South Africa.

Dravid

International Captain
adharcric said:
Could it be that Dravid and Chappell made a mistake by sending him in when Pathan should have been sent in? Anyways, this whole business of hating players because they make a mistake is not something I'd like to discuss right now. Been there, done that courtesy of SS. Let's just see how Raina does in South Africa.
Yes it couldve been Chappells mistake sending him, no...it was Chappells mistake for sending him, and I have never agreed with Chappell and I also hate him with passion. But anyway lets drop it and lets see if Raina can save him self for the time being.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey Adharcric, whenever I think of you, I always think of Raina. The same way I always thought of AA with SS. But he turned out to be completely different. Do send us a pic sometime, I wanna see how similar you are to Raina.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
I am not going to make a big deal about a simple mistake. It happens. My problem with Dhoni wasn't one single mistake.

I just hate irresponsible shots, let alone two in a row. If he made that shot, and then decided to play with a bit of brain after that, I wouldn't have any problem. It's not learning from your mistakes that completely bugs me.

adharcric

International Coach
Turbinator said:
Hey Adharcric, whenever I think of you, I always think of Raina. The same way I always thought of AA with SS. But he turned out to be completely different. Do send us a pic sometime, I wanna see how similar you are to Raina.
There are three similarities between Raina and I.
a) We're both 19
b) We're both Kashmiri
c) We're both very athletic fielders at cover and point

The similarities end there. We don't look alike.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
adharcric said:
There are three similarities between Raina and I.
a) We're both 19
b) We're both Kashmiri
c) We're both very athletic fielders at cover and point

The similarities end there. We don't look alike.
Oh so I see you don't bat selfishly. :laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dravid said:
You fickle fickle man.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dravid said:
I know you are trying to do your best SS impression, but it only works when there is a legitimate lack of intellect by a player at a key moment in a game, not a simple fielding error that wouldn't have helped us win anyway. ;)