• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
R_D said:
I'm getting used SS now. His constant putting down of indian team used to get to me sometimes but i get it.
He's like one of those glass half empty guys... no offence but i hope your not like that in real life as well mate.
Only when it comes to Indian bowling. Which is borne from decades of failure.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
silentstriker said:
Only when it comes to Indian bowling. Which is borne from decades of failure.
No it isn't! Our pace attack is better than Pakistan's and Australia's, throughout history and even now. Maybe if you combine the Pak and Aussie attack, you'll be able to beat the pace attack of India.

Dravid

International Captain
silentstriker said:
Hint: nominate me for the Skull.
I think they were laughin at you, not with you.

(Joke, as in you have gotten enough awards, give someone else a chance!)

Dravid

International Captain
Turbinator said:
No it isn't! Our pace attack is better than Pakistan's and Australia's, throughout history and even now. Maybe if you combine the Pak and Aussie attack, you'll be able to beat the pace attack of India.
I seriously hope that's a joke.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Turbinator said:
I wouldn't even joke about that sort of thing.

adharcric

International Coach
In the one-day series, there are several questions to be asked ...
Will Sehwag finally show some semblance of consistency at the top or is he ready to get the (unlikely) chop at the expense of Gambhir, Uthappa or (!) Ganguly?
Will Raina get among the runs and earn his spot for the World Cup on the basis of his batting and not merely his athletic fielding?
With the absence of Yuvraj, who will emerge in the middle-order and who will make way for Laxman or Badrinath?
Will Pathan regain his touch and realize that his main role is that of a strike-bowler and not a #3 batsman?
Will Kumble and Zaheer come back strong and lend some much-needed vigor to the Indian bowling attack?

In the test series, other questions arise ...
Will the Indian lineup stand up and grind it out on seaming pitches against quality seamers?
Will the famed Dravid-Tendulkar-Laxman middle-order fire as a unit and lend some vitality to the Indian lineup?
Will Dhoni prove himself as a test-class batsman on foreign soil against the likes of Ntini?
As his one-day success slips, will Pathan regain his poise and become a force in the test side or prove that he's simply cannon-fodder in this version?
With Pathan especially reeling in the test fofrmat, will the Munaf-Zaheer-Sreesanth trio give India some formidability in the pace department?

Dravid

International Captain
krishnavamshi24 said:
like has never really got a long run he has been on & off kinda player in the team these days
Ricky Ponting has been on and off these days too...lets drop him why don't we?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Turbinator said:
My head just exploded reading that. I must be in the bizzarro-world, where India keep producing wold class seamers and Australia keep producing flat-track bully batsmen. I like this world.

Dravid

International Captain
silentstriker said:
My head just exploded reading that. I must be in the bizzarro-world, where India keep producing wold class seamers and Australia keep producing flat-track bully batsmen. I like this world.
Did India win the World Cup in your world?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Turbinator said:
Now if that weren't meant to be serious, the skull of all time would no longer be available...

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Turbinator said:
Can't agree with that. Pathan, Patel and Shreesanth have got potential but you can't say at this moment they are as good as Australia or England's pace attack. Maybe as good as Pakistan in their current diminished state. And as for Agarkar and Zaheer Khan...:laugh:

Dravid

International Captain
Poker Boy said:
Can't agree with that. Pathan, Patel and Shreesanth have got potential but you can't say at this moment they are as good as Australia or England's pace attack. Maybe as good as Pakistan in their current diminished state. And as for Agarkar and Zaheer Khan...:laugh:
Good as pakistan? Are you sure?

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Dravid said:
Good as pakistan? Are you sure?
I meant the CURRENT Pakistan pace attack -with no Shoaib and Asif - and they were very unimpressive in England without them. Obviously if Pakistan had Shoaib and Asif it would be different but they won't have them for a while...

Nishant

International 12th Man
Dravid said:
Even with at Akthar and Asif, Pakistan pace attack is ahead of India's pace attack.

I wouldn't really agree with that! India aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be! On their day they can perform...IMO, one bad performance against the aussies doesn't show much! Apart from the dismal Pathan, bowlers like munaf, sreesanth, agarkar and especially Harbhajan have been O.k. Certainly better than the current pakistani team.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Nishant said:
I wouldn't really agree with that! India aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be! On their day they can perform...IMO, one bad performance against the aussies doesn't show much! Apart from the dismal Pathan, bowlers like munaf, sreesanth, agarkar and especially Harbhajan have been O.k. Certainly better than the current pakistani team.
Is he a fast bowler now?