• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa

catsa

Cricket Spectator
im tipping India to win this series. :). I cant stand Graeme Smith at all. plus tendulkar and M. Dhoni are awesome batter and H.Singh and a.Kumble should be the leading wicket takers for india :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kumble walks in and rips 2 wickets. Pathan also chips in with 1. Rest Of SA 5 down now.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Sreesanth pounded. :(

Would`ve put $10 000 on Kumble getting McKenzie. Couldn`t find odds. :(

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Great recovery by South Africa after being six down for hundred odd. Good stuff by Rudolph and Morkel, especially Jacques who’s had a great start to this season in domestic one day cricket.

Could be a tricky total to chase under lights though I'm interested to see how Steyn gets on. Real chance for himself to get in the one day team with South Africa still searching for a reliable and potent third seamer.

Nishant

International 12th Man
good stuff there b Kumble and Zaheer! I'm really glad that they are finally performing! I want Zaheer to play in the 1st ODI for sure! Not sure about Bhaji and Kumble paying alongside together, though! Sreesanth gets punded! Munaf not too good either! Pathan did better than i thought!

Bowling line up for 1st ODI; Zaheer-Pathan-Munaf-Kumble-Sreesanth
or; include sreesanth and remove either munaf or kumble

What do u think?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nishant said:
good stuff there b Kumble and Zaheer! I'm really glad that they are finally performing! I want Zaheer to play in the 1st ODI for sure! Not sure about Bhaji and Kumble paying alongside together, though! Sreesanth gets punded! Munaf not too good either! Pathan did better than i thought!

Bowling line up for 1st ODI; Zaheer-Pathan-Munaf-Kumble-Sreesanth
or; include sreesanth and remove either munaf or kumble

What do u think?
Yea, well Kumble - Harbhajan - Powar - Zaheer - Tendulkar bowling lineup may not be too bad ;).

vhl71

Cricket Spectator
telecast??

is dishnetwork showing this series live in the US? I see directv is showing this on their website..how about dishnetwork? anyone knows??

adharcric

International Coach
Zaheer definitely has to play. As bizarre as it sounds, Kumble and Harbhajan must both play because they will keep it tight at least. Pathan is a sure thing when we want five bowlers, so he's in. As for Munaf and Sreesanth, both bowled pretty well before the death overs. Sreesanth was 7 for 24 and Munaf was 7 for 27 after 40 overs - then the Saffies got stuck into them and went for 15-20 an over in the last couple.

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
Jesus christ. Doesn't anyone except Dravid know how to hold a bat?
yeah ... pure **** fom dhoni and raina there, not to mention sachin and jaffer

kaif made 30 but wasted more than enough deliveries

edit: mongia gone as well, i think i'll stop following this warm-up ...

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
cricketboy29 said:
I mean, has it been batsman error or bowler brillance?
Its Indians being flat track bullies and not knowing how to handle bounce, swing, and other things that you would expect a normal Test quality batsman to face.

Bar Dravid, they should all be expelled from the team.

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
Its Indians being flat track bullies and not knowing how to handle bounce, swing, and other things that you would expect a normal Test quality batsman to face.

Bar Dravid, they should all be expelled from the team.
I can understand that Raina and Dhoni would have issues because they've never faced quality outside of India before this year. Dravid? Kaif? Mongia? Tendulkar? Sehwag?
All of them have played enough cricket outside of India.

vhl71

Cricket Spectator
on TV??

is dishnetwork showing this series live in the US? I see directv is showing this on their website..how about dishnetwork? anyone knows??

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
I can understand that Raina and Dhoni would have issues because they've never faced quality outside of India before this year. Dravid? Kaif? Mongia? Tendulkar? Sehwag?
All of them have played enough cricket outside of India.
Get rid of all of them. No good bastards. Except Dravid, maybe Tendulkar. Maybe. Kaif? Enough chances he's had. Sehwag? ODI? Please. Mongia? WTF?