• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa

Dravid

International Captain
Nishant said:
I wouldn't really agree with that! India aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be! On their day they can perform...IMO, one bad performance against the aussies doesn't show much! Apart from the dismal Pathan, bowlers like munaf, sreesanth, agarkar and especially Harbhajan have been O.k. Certainly better than the current pakistani team.
We are talking about Fast bowlers here. Bhaji is a spinner

And as far as rest of the bowlers go, Poker Boy is talking about current form. And Indian bowlers haven't done ****.

adharcric

International Coach
Dravid said:
We are talking about Fast bowlers here. Bhaji is a spinner

And as far as rest of the bowlers go, Poker Boy is talking about current form. And Indian bowlers haven't done ****.
They can still match up to a Shoaib-less, Asif-less Pakistani pace attack. Gul is good and Rana is decent, the rest over there are trash right now.

Dravid

International Captain
Well anyway, anyone know the reason of having a Twenty20 between 5 ODI's? I mean wouldn't you rather have it after the ODI series?

adharcric

International Coach
Dravid said:
Well anyway, anyone know the reason of having a Twenty20 between 5 ODI's? I mean wouldn't you rather have it after the ODI series?
I would rather have it before the ODI series, actually.

Nishant

International 12th Man
B4 the one day series would be best. Its quite weird how they just slipped it in in between a series! TBH, i think it would just switch focus! Im not sure thats exactly what we wnat, especially if the series is gonna be close.

On the other hand, im quite happy to see india play their 1st 20-20! Should be good fun!

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If they are going to have a Twenty20 fixture on every tour then I think it should be the opening game, before the ODI and Test series. This way the players can have a bit of a hit out and warm up for the real cricket to come later.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Yea me too, I can't wait for them to play their first 20/20.

Any predictions on who will win and who will come out on top.

Personally I feel, eventhough it's a no brainer, Sehwag/Tendulkar/Dhoni will play key roles.

Dravid

International Captain
Nope, it's after the 4th ODI, and before the 5th ODI. I say Dhoni to open in the Twenty20

adharcric

International Coach
Dravid said:
Nope, it's after the 4th ODI, and before the 5th ODI. I say Dhoni to open in the Twenty20
We already have Sehwag and Tendulkar opening and that's explosive enough.

Sehwag, Tendulkar, Pathan, Dhoni, Dravid, Raina, Karthik, Agarkar, Kumble, Harbhajan, Zaheer/Munaf

All eleven can hit the ball hard. :D

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Harbhajan can obviously hit the ball only half as hard as the other guys, thus his inclusion in your team twice.

Dravid

International Captain
adharcric said:
We already have Sehwag and Tendulkar opening and that's explosive enough.

Sehwag, Tendulkar, Pathan, Dhoni, Dravid, Raina, Karthik, Agarkar, Kumble, Harbhajan, Zaheer/Munaf

All eleven can hit the ball hard. :D
Em, Raina?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
South African squads to face India...

South Africa squad to play India at Centurion on 19 November: G Smith (captain), L Bosman, J Kallis, H Gibbs, AB de Villiers, M Boucher, J Kemp, S Pollock, R Peterson, A Nel, M Ntini, B Dippenaar, A Hall, C Langeveldt.

Rest of South Africa squad to play India on 16 November: A Petersen, M van Wyk, H Amla, JP Duminy, Al Prince (captain), J Rudolph, V Philander, J van der Wath, R Telemachus, T Tshabalala, D Steyn, N McKenzie, A Jacobs, A Morkel, A Thomas.

Full article here- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/other_international/south_africa/6128238.stm

adharcric

International Coach
Dravid said:
Em, Raina?
He's quite good at accelerating the run rate. Don't go by the recent ****-up against Australia in the CT, he can really hit in the late overs. He's just been out of touch lately.