• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
For some reason, probably best known to himself, Imran Farhat chases a widish one from Balaji and nicks it to Sehwag at slip.

What is the point in playing at ones that you don't have to at this stage in the game?
Something to do with forgetting that he was in a test match?

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Neil Pickup said:
Taufeeq joins him in the Pavilion.. 34/2 and Kamran Akmal in as night-watchman.

I've not made any predictions about the IndoPak series thus far, but I'm going to make one now, and that's that I cannot see Pakistan saving the Test (and series) now.
Well, it's fairly easy to make predictions after it's pretty much said and done isn't it? :p

Last edited:

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
A wonderful performance from India.

Obviously, it's not over, and I have respect for the Pakistani batsmen left, especially Inzamam and Youhana, so I cannot say the match is over with, but it looks not too shabby for India.

India batted really well today, and the wickets we lost of Ganguly and Dravid were very unfortunate, especially as Ganguly looked well-set for a century and Dravid for a triple century. A poor Shoaibish running display by Ganguly and an unnecessary reverse sweep off a part-time leg spinner, but oh well, can't argue with 600 after starting off 0/1 after 0.1 overs!

Balaji was bowling poorly but he took a wicket, and that's what matters! Pathan spot-on as usual, and they were both hitting 85-86 mph which is very promising for the future.

India really deserve this victory, if and when they get it. Hopefully, tomorrow at this time, we will be celebrating a most successful tour of Pakistan! :cool:

|llsToNe

Cricket Spectator
Dravid displays his selflesness again by biting the bullet.. besides as he said, he would need 4 more days to get 400. :D

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Lions81 said:
How can England be ranked higher. It's asinine.

No, it's just based on games between all 10 teams, and not just 2.

And a 2-1 record in 7 Tests (4 draws) suggests the teams are a lot closer than you'd have us believe.

And it's not at all like when SA overtook Aus, because that was based on a clearly flawed system that penalised Australia big time for not playing Zimbabwe or Bangladesh.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Lions81 said:
If Tendulkar performs best at 4, I can't imagine how he'd fare elsehwere. I mean with his mighty scores of 1 (3), I hope he doesn't injure himself with all that strokeplay.

Most people look at more than just one innings.

If you did that than you'd have to say Sehwag is the best batsman in the side, if not in Indian history (!)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
For some reason, probably best known to himself, Imran Farhat chases a widish one from Balaji and nicks it to Sehwag at slip.

What is the point in playing at ones that you don't have to at this stage in the game?

They could do with some lessons from Freddie Flintoff! :laugh: :laugh:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Lions81 said:
Well, it's fairly easy to make predictions after it's pretty much said and done isn't it? :p
Yes, but I imagine that like me, up till then Neil wasn't sure which way it would go because the sides are closely matched.

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
Lions81 said:
India batted really well today, and the wickets we lost of Ganguly and Dravid were very unfortunate, especially as Ganguly looked well-set for a century and Dravid for a triple century.
Dravid was anything but unfortunate in his innings.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
wahindiawah said:
Yes indeed, the two sides are very closely matched !
If we didn't know you better, many would have thought that you meant that statement to be taken literally. :p

Seriously though, India's upper and middle order is quite remarkable the way one or the other comes off - some seriously big individual scores in the last year - and one guy who looks as though he will be a very decent bowler.

wahindiawah

Banned
Actually to be honest Dravid was very fortunate in this inning.Though i must add that even had he got out earlier on, it still would not have made any difference to the outcome of this match.

Team India is all set to beat Pak in Pakistan. :D

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
marc71178 said:
Most people look at more than just one innings.

If you did that than you'd have to say Sehwag is the best batsman in the side, if not in Indian history (!)
Yes, because this is the only time Tendulkar has done nothing at 4. Sorry.

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
marc71178 said:
No, it's just based on games between all 10 teams, and not just 2.

And a 2-1 record in 7 Tests (4 draws) suggests the teams are a lot closer than you'd have us believe.

And it's not at all like when SA overtook Aus, because that was based on a clearly flawed system that penalised Australia big time for not playing Zimbabwe or Bangladesh.
Okay it was 3-2 with 2 draws. Fine, they're close, but India's better, because they won 3 and lost 2, as opposed to England which lost 3 and only won 2. Okay it is based on how they've played all the teams, so let's talk about how they've fared. Where has England thrashed an opponent that beat India? And the last team in memory who really gave it to us good was New Zealand, and those pitches were insane, and they're coming to give you a taste of New Zealand hospitality in a few months! :p

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Tony Blade said:
Unfortunate in how he was eventually dismissed. Yes, he benefitted from dropped catches and a poor LBW decision. It added up to one man scoring more than the entire Pakistani side. Again.

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
Tony Blade said:
Yes there have been reports that after making his 270, Dravid went out to celebrate in the city and in the process bought several high value lottery tickets. He also revelaed his plans to travel to Vegas on a fast jet for a spot of Roulette and then be back for end of the game to receive his man of the match award. He was last seen betting 10 rupees with a Pakistai taxi driver on ****roach race. Stunned taxi drivers said they will not bet him anymore as he never appears to lose and all their top ****roaches either turn up lame or go crazy. David Shephard was seen shadowing Dravid chanting in a strange language and making curious gestures with his hands in the background. :D

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Mecnun said:
Yes there have been reports that after making his 270, Dravid went out to celebrate in the city and in the process bought several high value lottery tickets. He also revelaed his plans to travel to Vegas on a fast jet for a spot of Roulette and then be back for end of the game to receive his man of the match award. He was last seen betting 10 rupees with a Pakistai taxi driver on ****roach race. Stunned taxi drivers said they will not bet him anymore as he never appears to lose and all their top ****roaches either turn up lame or go crazy. David Shephard was seen shadowing Dravid chanting in a strange language and making curious gestures with his hands in the background. :D
Hehehe.