• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
jamesryfler said:
Parthiv played quite well for his 69.

However I hope India do not pursue the idea of him as a regular opener.
It hopefully should be Sehwag and Chopra again who walk out to face the Aussies in the
first test of next season.
It should be, but the same old question of which middle-order player to drop will return!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mecnun said:
There you go talking c**p again. Same club level cricketers beat your gods last test match so what does that say about Indian team?Dont you ever learn?
Don't you know? For India to lose any game to Pakistan - and that goes for cricket, hockey, snooker or clay-pigeon shooting, the umpires must have been (voice fades into distance).

Seriously, some people just have no grace whatsoever. It sickens me when such a childish 'yah boo sucks' attitude prevails from some quarters.

I'm torn between ridiculing them and just ignoring them - but seeing as I've ignored a few in the last day or two, it's time for a quick bit of ridicule.

I only have to look at the fans in the stadia, mixing together, supporting their teams but carrying a message to the world that they are united in their love of their sport. Then I look at certain posts (not all - sometimes they talk sense, well, a little) by certain people and I just pray for that meteorite which we are promised will ultimately wipe out mankind - sometimes it seems a fair swap.

NikhilN

International Regular
Ganguly should give Tendulkar a chance...let him open for a few games for a while.I say keep Chopra out cause it is like giving away free wickets...Chopra really cant bat.

NikhilN

International Regular
Lions81 said:
Shoaib Akhtar is scary as hell. His balls get quicker and quicker as the over and his spell goes on. The last ball before tea was 96 mph. That is insane. He is regularly bowling at 95 mph. I feel bad for the batsmen.

Also, let me reiterate my desire to see Tendulkar dropped in the lineup. 6 is looking a good spot for him.
Dravid and Patel did not have any probs facing those balls...

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Sehwag309 said:
Lions81, what do you think about that delivery from Shoaib to Laxman
That was just a nasty delivery. Really nothing he could do I suppose if he wasn't intent on defending it from the very beginning.

The game so far seems to be vindicating Ganguly's decision to send Patel to open and keep himself for the middle order. Teaches some people, particularly commentators, that they should really keep their foolish opinions to themselves rather than be made to look just so, so stupid.

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
jamesryfler said:
Parthiv played quite well for his 69.

However I hope India do not pursue the idea of him as a regular opener.
It hopefully should be Sehwag and Chopra again who walk out to face the Aussies in the
first test of next season.
Why? He's done well under pressure. Sure, Chopra's done a good job, but Patel's done a better job. And if he can handle the physical strains, whats the problem?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Lions81 said:
Why? He's done well under pressure. Sure, Chopra's done a good job, but Patel's done a better job. And if he can handle the physical strains, whats the problem?
The physical strains is the problem.

To keep and open for a long time is a nigh-on impossible ask.

That has to be a one off scenario this match - not a full time solution.

Mecnun said:
There you go talking c**p again. Same club level cricketers beat your gods last test match so what does that say about Indian team?Dont you ever learn?

Its time for you to learn something, infact it would be better if Pakistani team try to learn a bit!

Pak defeated India in last test match , big deal.Like former Pak captain Mustaq Mohd said that" Indian batsmen had a bad match but the difference between the two team is vast and hence India will win the third match"!!

To begin with Umpiring was horrible in that match, but i wouldn't like to say that India lost just coz of umpiring. There were some other factors too,don't forget that Indian team was missing(is still missing) some of its key players in Ganguly, Khan & Nehra.Harbhajan infact has not even played in this series.
I have given credit to Pak bowler "umar Gul" who i think was instrumental in giving Pak the initiative in the last test match.

As for Indian team, they have already over taken Pak team in ODI ranking. And after thrashing Pak in this last test match, they will overtake Pak and England to claim the third spot in Test ranking.

And don't forget Pak had the advantage of playing on their own home ground & home crowd in this series. When they will tour India, they would lose thos advantage and how badly they will struggle in India should be obvious to all of us.

Both team are moving in different directions in cricket world, India is moving top while Pak is rapidly moving downwords.Frankly i see little hope for Pak team, they are said to tour Australia later this year, how their batters are going to fare in Australia is not difficult to imagine.There will be another 50 runs innings, not by an individual, but by entire Pak team!!!

Sehwag309

Banned
luckyeddie said:
Don't you know? For India to lose any game to Pakistan - and that goes for cricket, hockey, snooker or clay-pigeon shooting, the umpires must have been (voice fades into distance).

Seriously, some people just have no grace whatsoever. It sickens me when such a childish 'yah boo sucks' attitude prevails from some quarters.

I'm torn between ridiculing them and just ignoring them - but seeing as I've ignored a few in the last day or two, it's time for a quick bit of ridicule.

I only have to look at the fans in the stadia, mixing together, supporting their teams but carrying a message to the world that they are united in their love of their sport. Then I look at certain posts (not all - sometimes they talk sense, well, a little) by certain people and I just pray for that meteorite which we are promised will ultimately wipe out mankind - sometimes it seems a fair swap.
Snooker, Yes..Long time played that game 8-) . Indian bloke beat Pakistani last time-around in some championship, I guess thats the new arch-rivalry now..

I love the game though

Sehwag309

Banned
India 75-25 to win this Test Match

What does everyone feel?

Rahulpindi might go to make 200 and tendulkar won't like him doing :thumbup:

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
LOL! what you are saying is utter rubbish, and whatever you posted was IRRELEVANT! I said after India beats Pak in the last match only THEN they will over-take Pakistan in world test ranking !
No, you said that after thrashing Pakistan (if you indeed do, which looks likely, but you can never tell, Pakistan have come back from similar positions recently) you'd move into 3rd above England as well.

That link tells you that 3-0 will secure England 3rd.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
tooextracool said:
well you actually responded to it so what does that make you?garbage man :p
looks like he got one up on you there
How does he get one up?

I posted something which clearly refutes his comments, I could have responded to the rest of his ludicrous post, but decided not to.