• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

tooextracool

International Coach
maxpower said:
wow how do you get the insights on other team strategies ? what you really want to say is that teams now have more than just tendulkar to get out for them to have a good chance of winning, which most people would say is a good thing for indian batting, probably even tendulkar.
you still did not answer my question I asked earlier to something you posted "when did chopra and laxman became flat track bullies ?" chopra come on!!!!!
first of all you dont need to be sherlock holmes to figure out that teams dont focus on sachin all that much anymore...pre series interviews with captains and players confirm that. in an interview in ponting while he was in india the reporter asked him who he thought were gonna be dangerous players in australia and he said dravid as always would be the rock and laxman always seems to get runs against them. no mention of sachin!yes ur right that nowadays it takes more than just getting sachin out to win a match but it must be said that sachin is definetly in decline.
i consider laxman to be a flat track bully because he averaged 6.75 in NZ and 139.5 at home against them.he didnt have a very good series against england either. laxman is IMO a class player only against australia and on flat wickets. your right about chopra though...he hasnt done anything wrong to be considered a flat pitch bully...but i just get the feeling that hes gonna fail when he comes up on seaming wickets and its not like hes been scoring big on those flat wickets either(40s).

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
ok lets see now...u respond properly to what vandemataram says but i get this kinda response even though we both made pretty similar posts. so youre gonna keep holding what i said about trescothick etc earlier against me?fine personally i dont care if a 51 yr old guy who thinks hes a duck doesnt want to continue a debate....if u cant handle the fact that not everyone shares common opinions as yours then fine, i wont comment on any of your posts either.

OK. In this case I will make an exception. It's not what you say but the way you say it. On many, many occasions I have agreed 100% with your point of view - sometimes I will say so (go back and look through your posts, my responses, your counter-responses). What I do not like is the way you frequently make your points. This may be accidental on your behalf but believe me, some of them are open to misinterpretation.

As far as any Trescothick dispute, I think that you must have me mixed up with someone else.

You have been (apparently) rude and confrontational too many times for my liking, making personal points (oh look, here we go again - my age is not an issue, my attempts at comedy elsewhere within CW are not an issue either, yet you bring them up and use them as epithets. I wonder why. Is it because you are so desperate to make a point that even a bad one will do?) You do not know me, yet the way you come across seems to imply that you know what I mean when I make a point - and frequently when I read your reply you seem to be answering a question or point which has not been asked.

Are you a politician?

I don't give a toss whether you agree or disagree with me and I'm certainly not throwing my toys out of the pram over any difference of opinion, far from it. I like a healthy debate as much as anyone, and if you conduct yourself in a proper manner then I will gladly debate matters with you. However, I will not resort to public slanging matches.

NikhilN

International Regular
vishnureddy said:
Also are anybody hearing the chants of "Balaji, Balaji" all the time or is it my ears playing tricks on me :duh:
Nope...Must have been your ears playing tricks on you

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Could someone explain why there has been widespread criticism of Dravid's captaincy? Sure, he has not got too many runs, but he has had just 3 matches. He may not be far better than Ganguly, but as long as there is no real problem with the way the team plays, there is no need to complain. And how can one say that Ganguly is a much better captain than Dravid? Ever since the Australia series of 2001, he has been famous more for lack of form than the runs he scored, and his bad patch lasted for more than 11 months. Bwesides, how many Test or ODI tournaments have they won under him?? Tests, mostly at home- come to think of it, only at home. ODI's- very few- just two or three. All in two years.

|llsToNe

Cricket Spectator
tooextracool said:
and im sure if dravid had a bad series he would be seriously criticised by the indian public.
he's well on his way and no criticism in sight, at least from the 'experts' around here. Granted he saved us in the ODI's but Sachin's last ball wicket and catch off Inzy at the boundary, arguably two of the biggest and clutchest plays (especially the catch, but I guess even 'chokers' get lucky every now and take such a difficult catch with ease), has bought him no such leeway.

Look we all know this isn't the Sachin of old and he is still capable of much better with the bat, as I'm sure he does too. Just because he doesn't give into the media by coming out and admitting it doesn't mean its not on his mind, great athletes rarely give in and let their struggles be known (i.e Jordan), most feel that's half the battle and its one they have to come to terms with themselves. But the fact that he's still mantained his focus and contributed in the field (one of our best, and most underrated) and while bowling (improved a lot, has given us some nice spells with containment and a surprise wicket or two) should not be discounted towards determining whether he's a winner as well. In fact, some might argue that should go even further to display his heart and courage since that isn't really his forte but has still managed to contribute, whilst putting his batting struggles aside.

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
Well well, a beautiful win by Pakistan. Call me Mr.cliche but the better team won. Pakistan simply outplayed India just as India had simply outplayed Pak in Multan. It sets up the series nicely for a final showdown. I just hope it wont turn out to be a boring draw. Some comments by Indian fans such as Pakistan beat a stronger team etc are not really accurate. Both teams appear to be fairly well matched. I have also seen various debates around umpiring, to be fair there have been some dodgy decisions throughout the series so no excuses please... I am going to go out on a limb here and say that Kumble *was* out. His heal was off the turf as there was a little shadow which could be seen when the bails came off :).

As far as individual performances go obviously Umar won it for Pak but that does not detract from the fact that he is still an average medium pacer. I saw a comment earlier that he is more like the Indian bowlers and I tend to agree, he is an average medium L&L bowler.

Shoaib got a couple but still I dont think he is performing to his potential yet and looked out of sorts and yes we know he is no angel...He needs to bowl like a demon not prance around like a fairy.

Sami umm is still Sami, apart from giving the batters mean looks he should aim to bowl a little more meanly :)

Inzy ofcourse played a magnificent innings along with Farhat with a good fight from the tail. All in all it was a satisfactory Pak performance. I wouldnt say they fired on all cylinders though. They still allowed Indian's a few chances to come back into the game. Inzi's captaincy is not exceptional in any way but I hope the guy will learn through experience. Did anyone catch him being asleep at first slip with his mouth open?

Kamal did well and Kaneira was Okayish! I still prefer Saqi above him. Taufeeq will be lucky to keep his place IMO!!!

Tough decision for Pakistan now regarding Razzaq!! Shabir is in no kind of rythem so his drop is a sensible move.

Indian batting did not click obviously with the exception of Yuvraj in the first innings and Sehwag's fighting 90. I am actually beginning to develop some respect for the guy after he showed some resolve in the second innings.

I felt a little sorry for Dravid, my favourite batsman after Inzi by the way. He has been unfairly criticised for his decision to bat first. I do not think it was a bad decision, just that it was Umar's day and Pak won the match rather than India losing it. Yuvraj proved his decision was not bad. I was a little disappointed that in the interview after the match even Dravid seemed to be regretting his decision to bat first and my opinion is that he should not regret anything and back his decision. He has done a great job for India in Multan and is a very composed guy. I personally have a huge amount of respect and admiration for the guy's batting. I think he is just as good a bat as tendulker and will make a better captian than Ganguli. He needs a little fire in him though and he should not doubt his own instincts and he will be a great captain.

The series has certainly lived up to the hype and I hope the politicians from both sides will stop being the ass***** that they are and not deny us the pleasure of watching both these teams play each other with the passion and emotion that they do. wait what am I saying!!..politicians can never stop being ermm what they are.

Agarkar!! why is he in the team? I had never seen the guy play before but he looks ordinary...

Game on!!

rgrds

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
tooextracool said:
i consider laxman to be a flat track bully because he averaged 6.75 in NZ and 139.5 at home against them.he didnt have a very good series against england either. laxman is IMO a class player only against australia and on flat wickets.
so you find a low series avg for laxman, where the whole team failed and to prove your point that he is a flat track bully you show his home avg (not all IND wickets are flat btw) and to help your "flat track" theory you say he's good against AUS only!!!! wow thats just amazing.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mecnun said:
Tough decision for Pakistan now regarding Razzaq!! Shabir is in no kind of rythem so his drop is a sensible move.
I thought Razzaq was injured for the 3rd Test, and I believe that was the reason behind Shabbir not playing?

tooextracool

International Coach
gul is injured too!pakistans best bowler is out...who do u think they should pick as their 3rd seamer?id say go for the pakistani glenn mcgrath (whats his name?) because what their bowling really lacks is accuracy.

tooextracool

International Coach
maxpower said:
so you find a low series avg for laxman, where the whole team failed and to prove your point that he is a flat track bully you show his home avg (not all IND wickets are flat btw) and to help your "flat track" theory you say he's good against AUS only!!!! wow thats just amazing.
incase u missed the ind vs australia series let me remind you that the pitches in australia were dead flat!

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
tooextracool said:
incase u missed the ind vs australia series let me remind you that the pitches in australia were dead flat!
pitches in australia are dead flat!!!! maybe your definition of flat is different..anyways what do I know about flat track but here is an "expert's opinion" on flat wicket. I quote Miandad

"A flat track is where the ball does not come above waist height," Miandad said.
"There was lot of bounce on all four days and even on the fifth day the wicket-keeper was collecting the ball around his chest. We just didn't apply ourselves like we should have."

http://www.dawn.com/2004/04/03/spt1.htm
http://in.sports.yahoo.com/040403/139/2cda0.html
http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/apr2004-daily/03-04-2004/sports/s3.htm

Last edited:

Swervy

International Captain
maxpower said:
from the 2nd article "Bucknor admitted that umpiring had become difficult with increasing television coverage. "

say what !!!!!!!!!!!!!
he is only saying what we already know...whats the problem with that

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
Gul is out now along with shabbir,moin khan and razzaq.I think ifthikar Rao or what ever his name is will come in as he can also bat abit.