• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

tooextracool

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
Oh, come on. Sachin has carried the hopes, expectations and aspirations of a nation for what - 14 years? That's the kind of pressure I mean.
so the rest of the indian team is not expected to perform?believe me the pressure on each and every player in this side is immense and im sure if dravid had a bad series he would be seriously criticised by the indian public. the pressure on sachin has eased considerably compared to how much it used to be when they were a 1 man batting side in the mid 90s.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
vandemataram said:
True, Sachin has faced more pressure than Dravid, but unlike Dravid Sachin isn't a pressure player.

In the early 90's, Sachin was suppose to be the lone match winner for India, but now with Dravid,Laxman,Sehwag and Yuvraj around, one can expect the pressure on sachin to be considerably less than what was it before.
No doubt.

Maybe he is not the player he used to be, but I would not give up on him just yet. To write him off, as more than one member here is continually doing, is premature in my opinion.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
so the rest of the indian team is not expected to perform?believe me the pressure on each and every player in this side is immense and im sure if dravid had a bad series he would be seriously criticised by the indian public. the pressure on sachin has eased considerably compared to how much it used to be when they were a 1 man batting side in the mid 90s.
OK, TEC. Let's get down to brass tacks here. Cut the innuendo.

You haven't got a clue what I am trying to say - yet you continue to try to interpret my statements as though thay contain something other than their face value.

Your confrontational approach leaves me a little baffled as to your motives. I shan't bother answering any of your comments again - frankly it's a bit like pushing string uphill.

tooextracool

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
No doubt.

Maybe he is not the player he used to be, but I would not give up on him just yet. To write him off, as more than one member here is continually doing, is premature in my opinion.
i dont think people have given up on him...but most teams dont really focus on trying to get tendulkar out anymore....i think he is now considered to be just an ordinary member of the side

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
Well, when I went to see the Lahore ODI, I saw more pictures of Sachin than any other player..infact I only saw his pictures. And all the fans were chanting his name. So, no I dont think that people have lost hope...not by a longshot, and I'm pretty sure he has the character to come back well.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Also are anybody hearing the chants of "Balaji, Balaji" all the time or is it my ears playing tricks on me :duh:

Beleg

International Regular
Thst has nothing to do with the misfortune of Indian bowlers in second test.
Agreed, but weren't the Pakistani batsman also misfortunate?

True, but you shouldn't forget the India got bulk of the runs off the bowling of Sami who bowled pathetically, infact Sami gifted runs to Indian batsmen.Had a better bowler in Gul been available, Sami and Akhter wouldn't had been required to bowl that much when they were clearly struggling and hence the Indian total would have been shorter.
I don't consider Gul to be a better bowler then either Sami or especially Akhtar. Sami didn't exactly bowl pathetically. Good shots were played on him.

In the first innings VVS, Sehwag and Dravid giften away their wickets fishing at deliveries outside the offstump. I can only attribute this to over confidence. Their wasn't any alarming movement. The little movement the pitch offered might seem great compared with the first test, but this much movement is pretty common in Pakistan in the first session.
The total could have been lesser Umer Gul's presence wasn't a sure warranty for it. [Unless the batsman be undone by the psychological fear generated by the fall of earlier wickets]
I concour with you on Sami's crappy bowling, but Shoaib Akhtar bowled reasonably well. Although for some reason or the other, Pakistanies haven't employed yorkers much in the ongoing series. I cannot see the reason behind this.

Problem is that your judgement is just based on one match, mine is based on matches played over the years.Performance in one match counts for little really.
It isn't Tendulkar's mistake if the Indian battingline up falls apart if he gets out. [As it had been known to do]. A good example of Tendulkar holding out is Rawalpindi 2004. Another good one is Madras 1999. Both against Pakistan, and both scored when the team was in considerable straits and the pressure was upon him. Besides, Tendulkar didn't give away his wicket in the second innings. He was out on a brilliant ball, more by the bowler's expertise then lack of competance or commitment on batsman's part.

baliravish

Cricket Spectator
tendulkar was used to be considered as the most perfect batsmen and a legend who had no flaws...but lately majeraker pointed out that he might be having a permanent flaw with his technique...bowlers have now identified that....the quick through the air..off cutter....!!!he has gotten out three times in the last 6 innings he played in this similar fashion....maybee his dominance is going to decrease after bowlers start finding out more and more flaws in his technique..and the urge to remain at the top might continue to put some pressure on him!

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
tooextracool said:
i dont think people have given up on him...but most teams dont really focus on trying to get tendulkar out anymore....i think he is now considered to be just an ordinary member of the side
wow how do you get the insights on other team strategies ? what you really want to say is that teams now have more than just tendulkar to get out for them to have a good chance of winning, which most people would say is a good thing for indian batting, probably even tendulkar.
you still did not answer my question I asked earlier to something you posted "when did chopra and laxman became flat track bullies ?" chopra come on!!!!!

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
vishnureddy said:
Also are anybody hearing the chants of "Balaji, Balaji" all the time or is it my ears playing tricks on me :duh:
Lucky Eddie, as much as this pains me (:P ) I must agree with Tooextracool. Sure, there's been a lot of pressure on Tendulkar, and definitely more than the rest of the batsmen. But the definition of choking is "underperforming under pressure". So he underperforms because he is under a ton of pressure? Sure, and that's what makes him a choker. At this level, after playing international cricket for so many years, I can't imagine that he still walks out there and feels he is representing the entire nation and has to do everything by himself. He knows finally he has class batsmen around him, and yet he still continues to choke. I don't know if dropping him is the answer, but maybe dropping him in the order might do it. Laxman at 4, Ganguly at 5, Sachin at 6? I like it.

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
vishnureddy said:
Yea, but quite often it goes more like "Laxmi-phatti-Balaji".... :lol: :lol: :lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: My congrats to Pak fans!

ajaagarkarajaaja said:
Well Pak played better cricket and defeateda stronger team,
Erm, didn't most neutrals say that the teams are very evenly matched?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
vandemataram said:
Thst has nothing to do with the misfortune of Indian bowlers in second test.
No, but I didn't see any Pakistan fan using that as an excuse in the first match...

Sehwag309

Banned
Tony Blade said:
Yea, but quite often it goes more like "Laxmi-phatti-Balaji".... :lol: :lol: :lol:

All I heard was balaji,

You invented the "laxmi-phatti" didn't you?

He has become more popular in Pak coz of his catchy name and characteristic look. Morsoever, for his six he hit of Shoaib, even shoaib was amazed but it was a tailender's six.

I don't want to recall the incident where someone was called "potato" in TORONTO

CDAK

U19 Debutant
Beleg said:
It isn't Tendulkar's mistake if the Indian battingline up falls apart if he gets out. [As it had been known to do]. A good example of Tendulkar holding out is Rawalpindi 2004. Another good one is Madras 1999. Both against Pakistan, and both scored when the team was in considerable straits and the pressure was upon him. Besides, Tendulkar didn't give away his wicket in the second innings. He was out on a brilliant ball, more by the bowler's expertise then lack of competance or commitment on batsman's part.
Correct ponts.!! It's too early to write him off. Normally Sachin never give away wickets, but the incoming deliveries or the one which keeps low always trap him. So most of the time it'll be the bowler's or fileder's extra brilliant effort that send back Sachin.
He is not at all an Inzi or Steve but a more attacking Gavaskar.

tooextracool

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
OK, TEC. Let's get down to brass tacks here. Cut the innuendo.

You haven't got a clue what I am trying to say - yet you continue to try to interpret my statements as though thay contain something other than their face value.

Your confrontational approach leaves me a little baffled as to your motives. I shan't bother answering any of your comments again - frankly it's a bit like pushing string uphill.
ok lets see now...u respond properly to what vandemataram says but i get this kinda response even though we both made pretty similar posts. so youre gonna keep holding what i said about trescothick etc earlier against me?fine personally i dont care if a 51 yr old guy who thinks hes a duck doesnt want to continue a debate....if u cant handle the fact that not everyone shares common opinions as yours then fine, i wont comment on any of your posts either.