• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

Deja moo

International Captain
India have a chance.....

New ICC law.....Law 43.5.12....regarding parity of innings's .
Since India had just 1 innings in the first test, they will be allowed to play their 2nd innings of the first test in this test, making it 4 innings's for both teams after 2 tests. So Pakistan bat today, get all out, and then India play their next innings to overhaul any target Pakistan set them.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
orangepitch said:
India have a chance.....

New ICC law.....Law 43.5.12....regarding parity of innings's .
Since India had just 1 innings in the first test, they will be allowed to play their 2nd innings of the first test in this test, making it 4 innings's for both teams after 2 tests. So Pakistan bat today, get all out, and then India play their next innings to overhaul any target Pakistan set them.
Lovely idea, O/P.

Beleg

International Regular
Dean Jones catches Yashir Hameed and Taufeeq coming out of the ground.

A moment later he releases them.

What's the obvious answer?

We Won! :D

Sehwag309

Banned
Re: QUICK GAME

Sehwag309 said:
We know Pakistan will win here.
Let do a small game. Will they do it without loosing any wickets, 1 , 2 or more. Plz reply fast

I say 1
Hey I won

Kaneria relax, took a long time for his interview with dean jones

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Congratulations to the Pakistani team for a well-earned victory. They batted and bowled better, and there's no two ways about it.

This third test is set up to be an exciting match. India should drop Chopra and open with Yuvraj, with Ganguly back at #6. They should also drop Agarkar and play Nehra. Pakistan should make no changes at all, their side is well-set. Only man who may be on the bubble is Taufeeq Umar, so perhaps Imran Nazir in for him, but Umar seems a good slip fieldsman, so it's a push really.

Beleg

International Regular
Taufeeq Umar is Pakistan's third best batsman so it would be a real shame to see him go.

Did anyone else noticed the tired, almost haggard look Dravid projected for a moment before the teams started walking out of the ground? Maybe I am being overly melodramatic but he did look tired.

Great presentation time interviews! Ramiz made good sport of the young Gul lad.

Ramiz asks, '[Wicket kay baray main to koi itrazat nahi thay, meray khal main aik achi test wicket thi']

'Don't think you'd have had any apprehensions about the wicket, seemed like an excellent test pitch'.

Inzamam, ['Meray khal main Pakistan main to kisi ko bhi ko itraz nahi ho ga'.]

'I don't think anyone [atleast] in Pakistan [camp] would have any reason to complain.

:D:alien8: :rolleyes:

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
'Meray khal main Pakistan main to kisi ko bhi ko itraz nahi ho ga'

errmm that means "I dont think anyone in Pakistan will have any objections"

CDAK

U19 Debutant
Congratulations Pakistan for the one sided victory.India did nothing in this match. Credit goes to Umar Gull Asif and Kamal .kamal is very impressive, so composed and stylish. It's fact that both of them are playing,the first time, against India. Hope India can read them well in the last match.

On rare occasions the 3 big Indian guns fail together (Sachin, Dravid, Laxman) and this was one of them, so India deserve this defeat.

In the next match, where willl Saurav play? One possible soln is, let Sachin open the innings and drop Akash. Sachin is now not at all a valuable player to be shielded,....no matter whether he gets out early or not.....

tooextracool

International Coach
vandemataram said:
This test match has once again reaffirmed my belief that India loses most of the matches because of its poor batting rather than because of its bowling.

Now how are you going to describe India's batsmen batting performance in this test match? total spineless performance.

And yes, Tendulkar is the one of the greatest choker of all time, whenever this question is asked to him he says, "go home and check records"...well i keep doing it sir, but apart from 1-2 innings, you are alomost always a flop in crunch situation.
agreed 100% with u on that..been saying it all along.

vandemataram said:
I think in tight matches India should just drop Tendulkar and instead have someone who can actually fight.For Example Kaif, now Kaif is not even 1/10th of a batsman Tendulkar is but he is real fighter.[/B]
well if u want one flat pitch bully to replace another.....sachin is a good player no doubt and dropping him would be insane.hes a good player but as my sig say extremely overrated!

Hussan

Cricket Spectator
Tony Blade said:
'Meray khal main Pakistan main to kisi ko bhi ko itraz nahi ho ga'

errmm that means "I dont think anyone in Pakistan will have any objections"
Spot on :)

There is no mention of the Pakistan camp at all - people find any excuse sometimes not to praise the opposition team. Pakistan were simply the better team over the 3.5 days!

Anyways onto the next game - well done pakistan.

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
Ermm. It could have gone either way in the ODIs, especially since the first match was lost by 5 runs. Sorry, but just cant respect any prediction like that, since there are so many upsets in ODIs..that you just cannot predict in any logical manner..of course unless the match is between Bangladesh and Australia, and such.

Btw the 3rd match has yet to be played, so we'll see. :P

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Congrats to Pakistan by winning. You guys deserved it the way you played. Right from that first session on the first day, when Umar Gul rocked India, Pakistan dominated.

I just want to comment on some of the things other Indian fans have been saying on this forum. You guys seem to have a very short memory. Just because Sachin failed in this match, you guys are already calling for his head and want him to open. Thats attrocious...forgotten is everything he had done prior to this match.

And also some of you guys who were belittling Ganguly now want him back.

Give the players a break.

I am sure India will bounce back from this defeat and win the next one.

As for the next match, I agree with Lion they should drop Agarkar for Nehra and chopra for Ganguly.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
WHERE ARE THE FAST BOWLERS?

WHERE ARE THE FAST BOWLERS? The Indians picked three seamers, but all of them were just easy-paced. It's a pity, there are no tearaway fast bowlers among India's best fast bowlers. That has always been a weakness. Which is why Munaf Patel has to stay in action for a long time, whether it is First Class, A-team or even tour matches.

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Tony Blade said:
Ermm. It could have gone either way in the ODIs, especially since the first match was lost by 5 runs. Sorry, but just cant respect any prediction like that, since there are so many upsets in ODIs..that you just cannot predict in any logical manner..of course unless the match is between Bangladesh and Australia, and such.

Btw the 3rd match has yet to be played, so we'll see. :P
Ah, we've been down this road before. Irrespective of how matches "could have gone", there's only one way in which they did go. India won the ODI series 3-2, so his prediction was accurate. I don't think Koch cha thinks he is a psychic, but merely pointing out that he accurately predicted the ODI series. He is being a bit presumptive about the Test series as it is obviously not over yet, but let's not be so serious!

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Kumble's stumping

If you look at Kumble's stumping today, you would definitely notice that Anil had his foot within the crease, which should not have been declared out, even if it was narrowly over the line. It's bad enough when umpires, unaided, make that odd mistake, but how can someone as well-equipped as the third umpire make mistakes like this one? He should go back to school!

Raj123

U19 Debutant
This test match has once again reaffirmed my belief that India loses most of the matches because of its poor batting rather than because of its bowling.
is it just me or have you completely forgotten the 500 runs the indian bowlers gave away. the indian batsman after the 1st innings put us on the backfoot but the game was lost only after conceding 200 extra runs.

And yes, Tendulkar is the one of the greatest choker of all time, whenever this question is asked to him he says, "go home and check records"...well i keep doing it sir, but apart from 1-2 innings, you are alomost always a flop in crunch situation.
10 batsman failed in the two innings and all you do is blame sachin for it. are rest of the batsman in there just to look pretty. he comes to the wicket at 15/2, trailing 185 and everyone expects a miracle from him.

"After bowling a few bouncers at Sehwag, Shoaib came up to him and said, "Tune itna run bana liya hai, lekin tu pull kyon nahin karta?" (You've scored so many runs, why don't you pull the ball?)
Not one to keep quiet, the Delhi dasher shot back, "Abe tu wicket lene ki koshish kar raha hai, ya bheek maang raha hai?" (Are you trying to get a wicket or are you begging?)
:lol: :lol: :lol: i dont know if you made it up or its for real but thats a nice one(esp. in hindi).

Raj123

U19 Debutant
As for the next match, I agree with Lion they should drop Agarkar for Nehra and chopra for Ganguly.
main difference between the aus matches, 1st test and this one is the opening partnership. for once the partnership failed and the middle order was clueless. yuvraj is a middle order bat and he should stay there(if there is a place). its too early but may be rahul cant handle both captaincy and being the batting mainstay. so i dont think yuvraj as yet has a space in the middle.