• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

Vroomfondel

U19 12th Man
We're going back to our old ways. Statements like this are hardly professional, and all this speculation tends to hurt team morale.

Ganguly has been praised for providing his players with a reasonable sense of security about their place in the team, which allows them to concentrate on the game and nothing else, and has undoubtedly helped in India's recent performances. Now our Maharaj goes and says Yuvraj will definitely play in 'pindi -- how is Chopra supposed to react to this? or Laxman to all this nonsensical "allegation" stuff? (truth be told, I'm not sure what Ganguly is trying to get across).

I prefer the Australian approach to this. They are consistent in keeping replacements as replacements, and ensure that a regular's place isn't threatened irrespective of how the replacements perform.

I'm not asking for us to stick with the same team till kingdom come, but certainly allow a winning team to flourish. If there's a weak link in the team Chopra's not it, his failures will tend to be the most conspicuous (a la indian collapse yesterday) and not noticing his contribution means he's doing his job.

Sehwag309

Banned
Straight Drive Conversation between majrekar, siddhu, rameez

Possibility of letting Chopra go, Siddhu also mentioned yuvraj actually came as an opener and he is in better form than him

Craig

World Traveller
After seeing Pathan get some runs and AA make 2 it has shown to me, AA should bat at 9 and Pathan at 8.

Sehwag309

Banned
Vroomfondel said:
don't have access to the match -- are they getting any movement off the pitch/in the air? are the batsmen being troubled at all?
Pathans swinging as usual, nothing spectacular. Balaji is hmm, good

Very good day for batting, u can't say they are troubling , just some balls here and there

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Vroomfondel said:
don't have access to the match -- are they getting any movement off the pitch/in the air? are the batsmen being troubled at all?
It is actually a sad bowling performance thus far. Pathan and Balaji have bowled waywardly and have shown no capability of troubling the batsmen. This further demonstrates that the Indian pacers still have a ways to go before they can be considered good enough to make India a top side, and also that Dravid's decision was horrendous. I think coupling this decision with Dravid's decision to declare with Tendulkar on 194 makes two bad, bad decisions in a row. For me, Ganguly can't return soon enough.

Vroomfondel

U19 12th Man
lions,

I managed to watch the first day's play and, really, after seeing how yuvraj and pathan applied themselves you can't blame the captain for batting first.

I think the batting let us down. We didn't show much application and Umar Gul bowled wonderfully. I don't think either of the two Dravid decisions you mentioned were incorrect.

Deja moo

International Captain
Whats the Indian govt's stand on betting on the net?

I know its illegal 2 bet on Crkt matches in India......Is the internet a sort of " International Waters " thing as far as betting on cricket is concerned for Indians?

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Vroomfondel said:
lions,

I managed to watch the first day's play and, really, after seeing how yuvraj and pathan applied themselves you can't blame the captain for batting first.

I think the batting let us down. We didn't show much application and Umar Gul bowled wonderfully. I don't think either of the two Dravid decisions you mentioned were incorrect.

Yes, I agree that Yuvraj and Pathan's batting performances were very good, but remember they did really bat the first session, Yuvraj batted only a couple of overs out, and batting only became easy midway through the second session. All the reports coming from the ground said that the first day, especially the morning, would have something in it for the pace bowlers, and so I think to hand the first session to them was a mistake.

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
cricket_spider said:
Lions81,

Do you bet on cricket matches???

:cool2:

Haha, I don't bet on cricket matches, although I did consider it before the second test match!

Also, regardless of the Indian government's stance on betting, as an American citizen, I am free to do what I wish! 8D

Sehwag309

Banned
I played India win in the Natwest Final, played before the game started and was ruining my decision when they were 116-5 or something, I got paid good but had If had played India win when in trouble, I would have got paid 25 times more.
The Operator told me if I was among very few people who won

Err. Lost $500 -India win WC Final

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
A strong session from Pakistan. Farhat looks in particularly excellent form, and Inzamam is Inzamam, playing difficult strokes which he makes look to be child's play. The Indian bowlers bowled very poorly, reminiscent of Melbourne, when they bowled with their heads down after their batting collapsed from to 360-something after they looked well set to make 500.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Craig said:
Unfair it may sound? Martin Love making a ton and being left out for Martyn one Test later.
I think this is a little different Craig. For a start Love's was against Bangladesh, in a completely one-sided Test series. Secondly, Love hadn't been performing like Yuvraj does in ODI's, Martyn isnt the captain, and Ganguly has never been the best Test player.
Simalar result, but very different circumstances.

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
This is really bad cricket by the Indians. They seem to have given up in the field.

But credit must be given to the Pakistani batsmen, they are batting very smartly.