• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
So often?

He's missed these 2 and 1 in the NZ series.

Before that he hadn't missed a game since 1996/97!!!
Ya that was when he was dropped in the Windies on account of poor form in 1997..

Since then he has had a few bad runs n a few good ones..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
thehellraiser said:
the biggest chicken is a part of the indian side....GANGULY....

the guy was so afraid of being walloped in the test series......he ran away like a coward that he is(along with many of the indian fans on this forum and most of the players in this indian team)....

the guy faked his injury because he did not have the balls to face the music.....

and what is that the indian poeple are so happy abou......
yes they won a test match .....and i congratulated them for that ........but the arrogant folls in this forum are just turning this into something else......

i was not gonna get invloved in this but enough is enough......

dont u indian fans realise that u have been literally humiliated at the hands of pakistan for over 50 years......you have been beaten silly on your home ground on countless occasions.....

u have just won your first test in pakistan.....what does that say about your crapy taem.......while pakistan has been humiliating u in your country for god knows how many years.....hahaahahhaha and the situationa has been that the last match in calcuuta in 99 had to be finished in front of an empty stadium.....says a lot about people like ajagaraajaaa and wahindiawah......

the only reason that the indian team was not willing to play the pakistanis for the pat 3 years because u guys were afraid that u would be beaten silly again....and quite frankly u could not take the humiliation.......but then when the pakistan side is young and inexperienced u decide to come down and play......hahahahahhaha

on the other hand the pakistani side (and the people in general) are not cowards and will take on any opposition at any time .....and this inexperinced side has given u a hell of a time in the odi series......and agin today on the first day of the test match.......

it is still game on......so next time u post things that are degrading and disrespestful to the pakistani side ....just take a look at ur own bunch of cowards......
Ganguly ran away..
Shoaib wanted to run away
Moin ran away..

Whats your point?

If a team wins and they play well and outplay another team, they shouldnt rejoice?

Blaming people is just lame.. bah

shankar

International Debutant
Awesome innings from Yuveraj.Match nicely poised...Advantage Pakistan. Morning session tommorrow will decide the course of the match. I predict that Pakistan will be 4 down at lunch tommorrow. If that doesnt happen feel free to quote this and laugh at me :)

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
I have been a longtime reader of the forum, but I have not really felt like posting until now.

The atmosphere of this forum has really gone downhill recently, and it saddens me. When I first started reading, there were still disagreements, but I felt there remained underlying respect. Now I'm not so sure.

This India-Pakistan series has predictably inflamed passions on both sides. I am an Indian supporter, but I would like to speak impartially to both sides.

First, to my fellow Indian fans. I understand why you are excited about the ODI series victory and the first Test match victory. But please, let us not get carried away. There remain two test matches, and the Pakistani team is very talented. They are also at home, and our away record, while getting better, remains disappointing. So let's save some of these needless comments for after the test series is over. Also, let us not descend into referring to people as cowards or even baser insults. Obviously as it is India-Pakistan, we may tend to get more riled up as there is history there (which I will not detail, but which I am sure is well-known to all), but still, let us remember cricket is just a game, and nothing more. All this talk of "cricket diplomacy" has fooled some. It is just a game, and remains just that.

To the Pakistani cricket fans. Please do not think that the words of an inflammatory few speak for the silent majority. I believe 99 out of a 100 Indians respect the Pakistani cricket team, and I believe 99 out of 100 Pakistanis respect the Indian cricket team. So do not let derogatory remarks draw you into a war of words, which only serves to draw everyone else into a mire of insults and harsh words. Also, please let us not mix politics and other things with cricket, as again cricket is only a sport. We love it, but it remains a game.

Regarding the second test match, I was surprised by Umar Gul's bowling. He bowled very well, and made the Indian batsmen look bad. I thought Dravid's decision was poor (and no, even if India had been 350/2 at stumps, I would still think his decision to be poor, but I would have been very pleased at the application of the batsmen in spite of their captain's bad decision). We would have been playing to our strength by bowling first, as the pitch is expected to be at its best for batting during Days 2 and 3, and by bowling first, when the first two sessions were expected to give the bowlers help, we would have helped cover up our shortcomings in the bowling department, and accentuated our strength in batting. Dravid's decision was nothing but a mistake which has clearly backfired. The superb batting of Farhat has shown that there really were no demons in the pitch after the Lahore sun baked that grass. Also, Yuvraj's innings was tremendous, and creates a problem upon Ganguly's return.

Also, was it just me, or did Pathan and Balaji register over 90 mph on a couple of deliveries? Normally, I would suspect the speed gun, but it seemed spot-on for everyone else and didn't appear to have any anomalies, but who reallys know anyway.

So in conclusion, please let us return to the atmosphere of fun, as after all, cricket is supposed to be just that! Thank you for allowing me to say what's on my mind, and I will go back to being an anonymous reader! Thanks!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
What a brilliant first post - and thank you, Lions81, for making it.

Please feel free to contribute whenever and wherever you see fit, even if, like today, it's only to give our collective choke-chains a good yank.

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
Pratyush said:
Ganguly ran away..
Shoaib wanted to run away
Moin ran away..

Whats your point?

If a team wins and they play well and outplay another team, they shouldnt rejoice?

Blaming people is just lame.. bah
I dont think the above poster is concerned with rejoicing of any nature (althought admittedly I do not possess ESP therefore am not proposing I know his mind). I do think though that the nature of his complaint is against the downright rude and uncalled for posts by some Indian fans against the Pakistani team and players just because India won the first test and ODI series. Good on India and I was teh first to congratulate them yet some of the these idiots have been carrying on and on about how crap the current Pakistani players are and seem to take a delight in antagonising.

Personally I dont really care as usually ppl who talk rubbish like agrajjjajja and wahindia and couple others end up getting embarressed sooner or later anyway. They may get away with it for a test or so but that is about it... what is disappointing is that they have persisted in posting derogotory rubbish about Pakistani team just because India happen to beat them for the 1st time in Pakistan.

What the guy above is drawing attention to is the fact Pakistan has beaten India in Indai a few times so dont act like this Indian team has done something Pakistanis have never done.

Not taking away anything from India. They have played wonderful cricket and deservedly took the 1st test so enjoy the cricket in the spirit it is being played instead of bad mouthing pakistan (the advice is not for you but for some of the other india fans). This test is still poised and either team can take it yet.

rgrds

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
to Lions81 :

i respect your comments as they have a lot of thought and meaning. this is how it should be .......the indians side has been playing well....simple.....this does not give any fan the right to ridicule the paksitani team.

i posted my first comments today after a week as i was totally disappointed with the way the indian fans were responding to the victory. i even congratulated them and asked them not to degrade the pakistani side but to enjoy the moment....but it seems that they just want to indulge in mudslinging.

i decided that i was not gonna get invloved in such dispiable acts but i could not stop myself and had to respond......he pakistani fans can be and if the need arise will be as disrespectful as the indian fans are. bt i sincerly dont want to go down that road.

when was the last time that guys lke ajajaaagarajajaa and wahindiawah praised the pakistani team or player on a good performance .......whereas many pakistani fans have posted some very positive comments regarding the indian team.

you have every right to be happy and rejoice..and be proud of ur team.....but once again......being insulting and disrespectful to the pakistani side hurts our feelings and pride and forces even mor unneccessary comments.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
QUOTE]Originally posted by thehellraiser
Originally posted by wahindiawah
So what do you make up of a side being lead by a CHICKEN??

the biggest chicken is a part of the indian side....GANGULY....

the guy was so afraid of being walloped in the test series......he ran away like a coward that he is(along with many of the indian fans on this forum and most of the players in this indian team)....

the guy faked his injury because he did not have the balls to face the music.....

and what is that the indian poeple are so happy abou......
yes they won a test match .....and i congratulated them for that ........but the arrogant folls in this forum are just turning this into something else......

i was not gonna get invloved in this but enough is enough......

dont u indian fans realise that u have been literally humiliated at the hands of pakistan for over 50 years......you have been beaten silly on your home ground on countless occasions.....

u have just won your first test in pakistan.....what does that say about your crapy taem.......while pakistan has been humiliating u in your country for god knows how many years.....hahaahahhaha and the situationa has been that the last match in calcuuta in 99 had to be finished in front of an empty stadium.....says a lot about people like ajagaraajaaa and wahindiawah......

the only reason that the indian team was not willing to play the pakistanis for the pat 3 years because u guys were afraid that u would be beaten silly again....and quite frankly u could not take the humiliation.......but then when the pakistan side is young and inexperienced u decide to come down and play......hahahahahhaha

on the other hand the pakistani side (and the people in general) are not cowards and will take on any opposition at any time .....and this inexperinced side has given u a hell of a time in the odi series......and agin today on the first day of the test match.......

it is still game on......so next time u post things that are degrading and disrespestful to the pakistani side ....just take a look at ur own bunch of cowards......
[/QUOTE]

1. Your basically calling a guy whose got over 9000 runs in ODIs and a pretty good run in tests a chicken? If Ganguly's such a chicken then how come he's the most successful Indian captain to date? Inzi on the other hand (i admit a very good batter) does not have the firepower or the motivation skills to lead a side. It was either him or his VC youhanna who asked for the grass to be cut. So one of them is a chicken.

2. The indian players whether 'twas sehwag, gangs, dravid, laxman, sachin and even chopra could face all the music in australia. Its not a big thing to face the "music" from wayward bowlers like sami and shabbir and Gul. Yes Gul, I know he agot a five wkt haul today but lets see him be consistent which im sure he wont be just like the other paaki bowlers.

3. Humiliated for over 50 years? Well I wouldn't call it that. It was only from mid 1980s on that Pakistan developed a big lead over India. ANd that was because they had a better team. Throughout most of the nineties, if the opposition got sachin out half the battle was won. But now India has a better team .So I can use your own train of thought and say that Pakistan did very well when the Indian team was below average and now when they lose fair and square, they cry foul. Instead of finding fault within the iNdian team look at your own players and so called world class bowlers. BTW one of them took like 45 overs in this series to get a single wicket.

4. Fair enough comment about calcutta. But don't you remember in 1989 when the Indian captain Kris Srikkanth was attacked and his shirt was ripped? And dont you remember when the ppl of Chennai gave a standing ovation to the Paaki players when they won a test? You suffering from selective amnesia?

5. It's only been 1 day and you are already talking as if paksiatn has won the match :rolleyes:

shankar

International Debutant
Hellraiser, it's only been 2 Indian supporters that have been posting all the rubbish...Why do you keep referring to all the Indian fans on this forum as biased.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Lions81, very good first message. Start posting mate, there is no fun in being an anonymous reader :saint:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
shankar said:
Hellraiser, it's only been 2 Indian supporters that have been posting all the rubbish...Why do you keep referring to all the Indian fans on this forum as biased.
I don't think he did (no, don't refer back to check then copy a post I might have missed. I'm not interested)

He (HR) did go over the top in one post - but in fairness his line of argument has been consistent - and the finger has been pointed fairly and squarely at just two members - and we all know who they are.

Now back to the cricket.

tooextracool

International Coach
shankar said:
Ok then :) Back to the cricket.

Why has Shoaib been so disappointing in these 2 matches. Is he fully fit?
no actually it is quite customary for shoaib akhtar to perform poorly thro a series before coming up with one of those deadly spells(as he did against aus and nz). IMO he really isnt as good as he is made out to be

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
no actually it is quite customary for shoaib akhtar to perform poorly thro a series before coming up with one of those deadly spells(as he did against aus and nz). IMO he really isnt as good as he is made out to be
I've been trying to work out why he has such a great reputation for a few years now - and much of it comes down to selective memory, surely. On a scale of inconsistency between 0 and 5 he's a 6.

His record could be far better, though. All he has to do is only play against New Zealand. Hey presto, no more inconsistency.

(runs for cover before anyone thinks I'm getting at kiwis)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
When the series started.. I said it really doesnt matter who wins as its silly when fans think of the wins as if wars have been won..

It would make more sense if fans from both countries dont make a fool of themselves by ridiculing each other..

If there is a cricketing point made, it should remain at that.

Indians enjoy watching Shoaib(he is one of my favourite player) and Pakistanis like watching Indians (the crowd reactions in the grounds during th one dayers prove it)

So accusing each other here doesnt make the people on both countries bad..

Similarly if an Indian says Pakistan batsmen didnt play well or if a Pakistani thinks Indian bowling usually sucks, it should be taken at a cricketing context..

we all love cricket!

tooextracool

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
I've been trying to work out why he has such a great reputation for a few years now - and much of it comes down to selective memory, surely. On a scale of inconsistency between 0 and 5 he's a 6.

His record could be far better, though. All he has to do is only play against New Zealand. Hey presto, no more inconsistency.

(runs for cover before anyone thinks I'm getting at kiwis)
:O we actually agree on something after that whole trescothick(useless)/pitches episode.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
thehellraiser said:
when was the last time that guys lke ajajaaagarajajaa and wahindiawah praised the pakistani team or player on a good performance .......whereas many pakistani fans have posted some very positive comments regarding the indian team.
Conversely there have been Indian's praising Pakistan and Pakistani's flaming India as well.