• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
wow looking at scorecard, good comeback by yuvraj and pathan. on 2nd day pak top order will have to build a stable platform before inzi and others can go all out. danger man looks like pathan, but kumble is sneaky...1st session on second day will be a test for Pak batting.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Could we all have a look HERE before lauching our next tirades of abuse? Cheers.

I suggest to all that they read through their comments with a different pair of metaphorical glasses on before pressing post...

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Thank you all for your kind words! I think I will continue posting instead of worming my way back into the woodwork!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Could we all have a look HERE before lauching our next tirades of abuse? Cheers.

I suggest to all that they read through their comments with a different pair of metaphorical glasses on before pressing post...
Good for you....I think it's time to take a strong stance on this issue....this war of words is so pathetically ridiculous and useless and just results in bad, vengeful feelings all around and genuine cricket lovers are the ones who are affected the most because they have to go through this medley of abuse to read and post anything coherent and sensible. :!(

Sehwag309

Banned
It's funny how the Indians/Pakistanis who are watching the game LIVE in the stadiums are not arguing and the chatrooms are flooded with IRE.

I hope they aren't poker faced, lets take a cue from them

Sehwag309

Banned
Ton-up Yuvraj poses problems
AYAZ MEMON

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ TUESDAY, APRIL 06, 2004 12:04:17 AM ]

MUMBAI: Batting riches have put the Indian team in a sweet predicament. Yuvraj Singh's scintillating hundred on the opening day of the second Test will have put the team management in a quandary for the third Test where Sourav Ganguly is expected to make his return. But whom does the captain replace?

Chairman of the selection committee Syed Kirmani used diplomacy to tide over the first pangs of this debate. "It is entirely the team management's decision," he said. Another selector who wished to remain anonymous said that the management "should have foreseen the problem and played five bowlers."

If that meant keeping Yuvraj out of the side in this Test, India would have been shown to be extremely silly. True, the left-hander was only included in the side because of injury to Ganguly, but he followed his power-packed half-century at Multan with a brilliant counter-attacking hundred that rescued his side from an ignominious collapse.

That, of course, queers the pitch somewhat for the tour selectors. Add to this his quicksilver fielding, and you have the recipe for a delectable controversy.

The buzz is that Akash Chopra, the stoic opener who has had to live in the shadow of his flamboyant partner Virender Sehwag, may be eased out of the next Test with a ‘thanks-and-bad-luck' note, and Yuvraj asked to open the innings. But what happens if Chopra makes a hundred in India's second innings is anybody's guess.

Swervy

International Captain
i dont know whether it is a pleasant or unpleasant situation the Indians are in with the Ganguly/Yuvraj thing...its a tricky one

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
i dont know whether it is a pleasant or unpleasant situation the Indians are in with the Ganguly/Yuvraj thing...its a tricky one
I do.

It's a wonderful problem to have - too much talent to fit into the side?

Chance would be a fine thing.

Swervy

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
I do.

very true...but imagine if Ganguly took Yuvraj's place,and failed....what a tricky position that would be

Sehwag309

Banned
luckyeddie said:
I do.

I wish we had the same problem in the bowling department.

Did you read the last line of the article "What If Chopra makes a 100"?

NikhilN

International Regular
Swervy said:

Best answer is take Chopra out, let Tendulkar open,and then get Ganguly is in

Sehwag309

Banned
Proud Indian said:
Best answer is take Chopra out, let Tendulkar open,and then get Ganguly is in
Someone said the same thing to Gavaskar long time ago He said "A opener has a different mindset, Tendulkar is not a Test opener",

I personally wonder if he should give it a try

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Swervy said:
very true...but imagine if Ganguly took Yuvraj's place,and failed....what a tricky position that would be
I wouldn't be so sure, because Ganguly is the captain and as such adds a lot to the side.

He'll come back in and I think Yuvraj will either open or not play, I suspect the former.

India_Rocks

Cricket Spectator
maxpower said:
wow looking at scorecard, good comeback by yuvraj and pathan. on 2nd day pak top order will have to build a stable platform before inzi and others can go all out. danger man looks like pathan, but kumble is sneaky...1st session on second day will be a test for Pak batting.

Thank god Dravid did not declare when Pathan was out!

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
So what about Umar teh Flower then?

Is it just me or does the guy just not look special in any way? Saw the highlights and did not think much of him. I know he picked up a 5 wicket haul but he looks a bit Razzaqish to me probably without the batting. I think he was bowlig around the 80 mark, admittadly a good line and length but then I have never been a big fan of average medium pacers bowling L&L.

It would be interesting to see how he bowls in the second innings...

Taufeeq, well now..does he deserve another chance if he screws it the second innings presuming there is a second innings? He looks class and gets into the 20 mark but then just folds, even though he looks extremely confident & collected out there.

Shoaib, well he plays against the speedgun as opposed to the team Pakistan is playing against. His error should be pointed out to him and scaked if he does not perform. I have also heard some rumors about his motivations atleast in the 4th ODI but I will probably get sued by PCB if I aired them :)

Sami, trys too hard to be fast and gets rattled. Experience and the neck ache from watching the ball going to teh boundry will probably make him a wiser man, we can hope.

Danish? Looked pretty ordinary to me..

Yohanna - also lacking motivation from what I've heard. Will be interesting to watch him bat in this match. My prediction is that he will not go above 50 in either innings.A prediction and suspicion I hope is wrong.

Inzi needs a good innings in this one!!

rgrds

NikhilN

International Regular
India_Rocks said:
Thank god Dravid did not declare when Pathan was out!

Why would he do that? I mean it is day one...and your team hasnt score so much and you want to declare :rolleyes:

Sehwag309

Banned
Re: So what about Umar teh Flower then?

Mecnun said:
Is it just me or does the guy just not look special in any way? Saw the highlights and did not think much of him. I know he picked up a 5 wicket haul but he looks a bit Razzaqish to me probably without the batting. I think he was bowlig around the 80 mark, admittadly a good line and length but then I have never been a big fan of average medium pacers bowling L&L.

It would be interesting to see how he bowls in the second innings...

Taufeeq, well now..does he deserve another chance if he screws it the second innings presuming there is a second innings? He looks class and gets into the 20 mark but then just folds, even though he looks extremely confident & collected out there.

Shoaib, well he plays against the speedgun as opposed to the team Pakistan is playing against. His error should be pointed out to him and scaked if he does not perform. I have also heard some rumors about his motivations atleast in the 4th ODI but I will probably get sued by PCB if I aired them :)

Sami, trys too hard to be fast and gets rattled. Experience and the neck ache from watching the ball going to teh boundry will probably make him a wiser man, we can hope.

Danish? Looked pretty ordinary to me..

Yohanna - also lacking motivation from what I've heard. Will be interesting to watch him bat in this match. My prediction is that he will not go above 50 in either innings.A prediction and suspicion I hope is wrong.

Inzi needs a good innings in this one!!

rgrds
Are you in the media?

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Re: yuvraj to play in the 3rd test!

ReallyCrazy said:
Sourav Ganguly, speaking from Calcutta has said that it is certain that Yuvraj will play in the 3rd test.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/htcricket/6939_662800,001600530000.htm

I guess Yuvraj will come in place of Chopra.

Odd, the article quotes Ganguly as mentioning "allegations against Laxman". I've heard nothing about this, and have been unable to find any other articles which mention this. Would anyone have any idea as to what Ganguly is referring? It seems that he's saying someone has suggested Laxman has been taking bets to underperform!