• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Brett Dale

School Boy/Girl Captain
O'Brian must be the new chatfield, what a workhorse, it was a pleasure to watch him today.

But the talking have to be the mediocre fielding performance by Martin, and Mills performance thruout this match, they both need to be dropped asap.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Will Mills get dropped? Oram is a viable replacement especially when you consider Mills' current bowling form. Will Butler be fit for the next test?

What do you reckon, another hundred for Sachin this series? Two even?

biased indian

International Coach
Guptill played some nice shots, but to be honest I wasn't that thrilled with him. He reminds me a bit of McCullum in the way he tries to play run scoring shots to almost every ball. He was actually a little lucky to survive as long as he did. Having said that he's more gifted than any opener I've seen play for us in quite a while. Hopefully he'll work on his concentration and discipline, and not go down McCullum's path.
could he be NZ's answer for sehwag

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Disagree - especially in test matches. Also, with Franklin, you don't feel as if his fingers will break each time he gets within 5 chains of a cricket ball.
Not for me. Oram comfortably with the bat and he is a better (or should say more economical) bowler than this current incarnation of Franklin, the non-swinging one. If Franklin doesn't score a run tomorrow then I'm not sure how he could keep his place given the way he has bowled since returning to test cricket.

Evermind

International Debutant
Not for me. Oram comfortably with the bat and he is a better (or should say more economical) bowler than this current incarnation of Franklin, the non-swinging one. If Franklin doesn't score a run tomorrow then I'm not sure how he could keep his place given the way he has bowled since returning to test cricket.
What he said.

Woodster

International Captain
Yes I think Oram in place of Franklin, in Tests, would make a big difference to the NZ side. Can be relied upon to bowl 20 overs and rarely go for more than 50, and be a much more reliable figure with the bat. This is all of course presuming he remains fit for the length of a Test match!

Athlai

Not Terrible
:laugh: Yeah drop Franklin he gets out by hitting the ball with his pad and is given caught. What a terrible batsman.

Averaging near 200 this domestic season? No crikey I saw him on the moving pictures box and he was out for not much I say!

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
I thought Guptill was defending and leaving the good balls really nicely in his second turn at bat. Lack of concentration must have found him out..

Lambu

U19 Debutant
I thought Guptill was defending and leaving the good balls really nicely in his second turn at bat. Lack of concentration must have found him out..
I think he has a slight problem against spinners rather than any mental short comings.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It wasn't that bad! Crikey. It didn't look out, but at least it didn't bounce 6 inches in front of him and give him time to rotate his hands to push the ball into the ground. Some distance from good ole Mickey C.
Yeah, but I read some people saying he definitely would've known which is basically implying Sachin is a cheat. That's what raised eyebrows on my part.

Flem274*

123/5
Geez, a lot of changes being made here.

Tbh, apart from How, a fully fit Oram and an in form Franklin and Mills, there isn't much more we can do with this team. Arnel is OK, will probably be better than Mills/Martin but won't gain a huge amount. The batsmen are just woefuly inconsistent bar Flynn and Ryder and our best batsman Vettori.

The fact is India finally have a team that have a really good chance of winning in most places unless it suits seam bowling for 5 days. In other words, do we want to win? Because if so, instead of lambasting our bowlers (like I know will happen on radio talkback) lets give them something like that last ODI pitch. The Indians won't like it and extremists will liken it to last tour, but if we want to win, thats the only way. Case closed.

Roll out flatties or normals, our seamers will be OK without being devastating, the batting will be like NZ batting and India will win.

Boom, headshot.