• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
Ryder seems to be in awesome form. Hoping in-form Franklin , Flynn, Ryder can wipe this deficit out... big ask, but the pitch is not bad for batting one you are in seems you can only get yourself out bar a pretty special ball like Martin to Gambhir or O'Brien to Dravid, as we saw from Ryder/Vettori on day one, and through most of the indian innings.

I don't think we will get much from McCullum or Vettori this time around, but really hope they just take a long time to play themselves in and look to build partnerships.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This test is now about Flynn getting a maiden century.
Bah, we always do this when trying to save the match - seems all too easy to stay in, but just gradually lose wickets.

Like you am not picking any lower order McCullum or Vettori resistance today. So all up to this pair to get the next 100.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
New Zealand's first strategy would be to bat out the day. If they can do that, they'll have a lead of around 70-80, if they can add some more tomorrow and make it around 150, they can hope on Vetorri of getting India out cheaply.

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
I agree, and that's why Vettori simply must promote himself above McCullum here. He needs to try to pull off what he did with Ryder in the first innings, but with Flynn or Franklin; McCullum is better suited to hitting out with the tail for desperate last ditch effort runs, on this ground, Vettori is 2x the 'proper' batsman.

Flem274*

123/5
Our hyped up batting is so pathetic. Only one or at most two of this lot fire in one innings.

Feeling sorry for Franklin, he's always been a favourite scapegoat even when he hasn't deserved it (can't believe people still think his batting>bowling btw) but now he has had a bad match he's going to really cop it.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Flynn's scored 1 run since lunch. :laugh:

As long as he doesn't get out it's fine.

EDIT: Oh, there's a four. 5 runs since lunch.

Another edit: Oh dear.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't mind but Harbhajan Singh hasn't even bowled that well, getting wickets with half volleys and Franklin's dismissal was so tame. :dry:

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
I am not following this on the telly........but from what cricinfo seems to be saying the Kiwis look very suspect to spin bowling.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seeing it live I thought it hit him outside the line. Replays proved me wrong though, just.