• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

cricmahanty

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hasn't it been more than 11 years since NZ last defeated India in a test match ?

Wonder if it's the longest time span for any team not winning a test match against India (not taking Bangladesh into question) ?
Thinking back, West Indies haven't beaten India in a test match since 2002. So that goes even longer.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Theres 14 easy runs for Kohli... after he'd been under pressure for most the morning. Bench this guy and never play him again.
Don't be utterly ridiculous. Most of us agree he wasn't ready for this series against India, but to say he should never play again is ludicrous giving he clearly has natural ability. Thank goodness you're not in a position to be able to make such absurd decisions.

cricmahanty

School Boy/Girl Captain
Can't believe we're going to lose this game.
Some stats: this is the 42nd time since 2000 that a team has had to chase a target of between 400-450 in the fourth innings of a Test; only two of the previous 41 have won. So India's task is not an impossible one, but it is unlikely - people's perception is altered by remembering the few times teams have won from such a position, forgetting the many more instances that they have lost. I'd give them maybe a 15% chance of victory at best, at the moment.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't believe we're going to lose this game.
Seriously? I'm not sure how anyone who's watched a lot of NZ over the years could say that? Of the top of my head I can think of 5-6 occasions in which we've blown massive leads in the 3rd innings and then failed to bowl sides out chasing relatively high totals. Cynical as it sounds, when we were 2-down early yesterday I sent a text to a mate saying we'll be rolled for 100 and India will win by 5 wickets. :p Should have put my money where my mouth is.