• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Disagree with this middle-leg line to Kohli, bowling right into his strength for mine.

cricmahanty

School Boy/Girl Captain
The problem with chasing big targets in test cricket, or any other format largely is that the team bowling is always in it unless you have a really big p'ship that sees you with about 8 wickets left with less than a 100 runs to get.

It takes a lot for a 100-odd for 2 to become 300-something for 2 but it takes only about 2 damn good deliveries for that score to become 100-odd for 4.

Always find the NZ commentators very pessimistic with respect to their team's chance. NZ still have a >90 % chance of winning this match, in my book.

Last edited:

cricmahanty

School Boy/Girl Captain
So much of good cricket already a little more than an hour into the day. A brilliant spell from Southee upfront, some orgasmic drives from Kohli, Dhawan playing an angelic straight drive past the bowler.

And McCullum almost having his lure-him-into-the-uppish-cover drive strategy paying off.

Times when it makes your getting up at 3 in the morning (or night if that's what suits you) worth.

Howsie

International Captain
Peter Fulton: 35 years old, average 28. Yeah **** off ****.

I swear you can't keep this guy in the team any longer, he's worthless. How you can justify him for the next match would be beyond me.

cricmahanty

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hasn't it been more than 11 years since NZ last defeated India in a test match ?

Wonder if it's the longest time span for any team not winning a test match against India (not taking Bangladesh into question) ?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The pitch looks excellent now, I can't see us getting many more than a couple of wickets today sadly. Can envisage a few half-chances going begging, maybe some close LBW shouts & the odd dropped catch, but just get the feeling we'll start to lose patience and start searching for wickets. Cricket is such a momentum game and it's all India since their amazing afternoon yesterday when they took those great catches, run out opportunities etc etc.

BTW are India favorites with the bookies yet? If not, they're excellent value.