• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The pitch looks excellent now, I can't see us getting many more than a couple of wickets today sadly. Can envisage a few half-chances going begging, maybe some close LBW shouts & the odd dropped catch, but just get the feeling we'll start to lose patience and start searching for wickets. Cricket is such a momentum game and it's all India since their amazing afternoon yesterday when they took those great catches, run out opportunities etc etc.

BTW are India favorites with the bookies yet? If not, they're excellent value.
Evens

Blocky

Banned
Those two balls indicate everything wrong with Sodhi - he's not a threatening bowler against top order players, so his best option would be tying up an end and creating pressure, allowing the pace bowlers to rotate at the other end and be well rested through the day - but he bowls horrible balls about twice an over, which a guy like Kohli will just love smashing about the park.

I stick to my word from prior to this test, if Sodhi bowls more than 15 overs in an innings, we'll lose the match.

Blocky

Banned
Theres 14 easy runs for Kohli... after he'd been under pressure for most the morning. Bench this guy and never play him again.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Sodhi really is absolute rubbish. Why we feel the need to pick a spinner rather then go with our strength and pick one of our better pace bowlers or another batsman is beyond me.

Just so frustrating watching him bowl as you know there's no chance of him getting a wicket.

cricmahanty

School Boy/Girl Captain
Cut Sodhi some slack.

He hasn't bowled all that badly in this match barring those three bad deliveries which he incidentally happened to have bowled within one over to the best player of spin bowling in the opposition team.

Last edited: