• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC2002 Editing Developments

scottcraze

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Anyone know what type of date it'll be out, before the end of the cricket season or could this be a "in the new year" scenario? Also has the editor got the ability to change a players county?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
We've worked out how counties are assigned, so yes, that's a possibility.

Tentative release date: October 4, end of the world. Seriously mate, nobody has a clue. Anyone with any knowledge of a programming language and hex, apart from Neil, please stand up?

sheep dog

Cricket Spectator
I am having a problem decrypting the data in sc1. I have got all the .dll's and the convdb.exe in the sc1 folder. But when i go to run(DOS) and type in cd\program files\empire interactive\international cricket captain 2002\sc1\ that goes fine but it is when i type in the convdb -d datat.db datat1.db then when i press enter it comes up with an error that said convdb.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows.and it also says an error log is being created. So if any can tell me how i can fix this problem it would be super :blink:

scottcraze

Evening gents, just wondered if anyone knows when Neils back, and if he's still planning to release the editor as it is, because with all these long summer days with not much to do until work time ICC has been getting a hell of a playing and it's starting to get to the point where, dare I say it, I'm getting bored with certain apsects on the game. Any news would be much appreciated as I think the editor will be the ultimate touch to a quality game.

PS I do realise I sound impatient and do appreciate the work everyones done.

NikhilN

International Regular
3/ Find the MS DOS Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd on Win XP)

4/ Change to your ICC directory

What does that mean????

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Click Start. Click Run. Write cmd in the box that pops up.

Then write "cd\program files\empire interactive\international cricket captain 2002\" (unless you have ICC in a different folder).

Happy?

NikhilN

International Regular
Samuel_Vimes said:
Click Start. Click Run. Write cmd in the box that pops up.

Then write "cd\program files\empire interactive\international cricket captain 2002\" (unless you have ICC in a different folder).

Happy?
That didnt work but I got Neil to help me and tell me another way...maybe it didnt work cause I dont have XP

scottcraze

Can we have an update on how things are going please?

Also if the code gets cracked will that make it possible for updates and add-ons to be created? I don't mind helping with the statistics gathering if such a thing is required?

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Six and a half hours' work done today... and as a result we now have an editor that can also edit people (don't know how effectively, mind..)

http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/magpie.exe

Instructions are available on previous pages of the thread - just write over your last copy of magpie.

I don't know how effective the batting/bowling skill edits are at present (as we established a few pages ago) so play around with it and see what happens.

There's no editing of county affiliations at present as it's a two-stage process and Magpie can only do one right now, and I also know that it deletes all PWC rating points. Håkon, you can work out why that happens.

I strongly, strongly recommend that you back up your databases before editing them and take no responsibility for anything the program does to your saved games or computer, etc, etc.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

NikhilN

International Regular
"Instructions are available on previous pages of the thread"

sry but they arent...or atleast I didnt see em

NikhilN

International Regular
ok, I am getting a error saying so and so and so date is not a valid date when I click update....help