• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC2002 Editing Developments

scottcraze

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Alright guys was just wondering how the editors going for ICC2002 as I await it eagerly to improve an already immense game. Well impressed with the work you've done as it looks well complicated and I wouldn't have a scooby doo as to how u would make an editor for a game. As I am a complete novice with computers would someone be able to tell me step by step how to install the editor when it's done or possibly make it a self installing one that all you have to do is open the editor up and then get straight to editing? I say this cos I don't have a clue what you're talking a bout with regards to different directories etc.
Any idea as to when this editor is likely to be completed as my other cricket games are driving me nuts as theyre just not as good as ICC.

Keep up the good work all

Cheers

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's a step-by-step on one of the earlier pages.

If you're still struggling, add me to your MSN and I'll talk you through it.

gio

U19 Cricketer
Are you still in contact with Dan, Neil? Any chance of him releasing the db details without contact from empire?

Neil Pickup

gio said:
Are you still in contact with Dan, Neil? Any chance of him releasing the db details without contact from empire?
Having followed this up with Dan tonight/this morning, he says that if he didn't think that there could be consequences, then he would have released the db format without contacting Empire, however as he only got the format by having access to the source code, he cannot.

Neil Pickup

To recap:

The problem that we have at present is that we've come to a grinding halt in our cracking of the bowling ability code. We can approximate a poor guess but it's not correct - and the code is very complicated.

The options remaining at present are
1) Keep waiting for Empire to provide the data
2) Try to finish cracking (likely to take hundreds, possibly thousands of hours)
3) Release a half-baked editor that doesn't edit everything properly

What does everyone reckon?

Langeveldt

Soutie
3) Released a half baked editor that doesnt edit everything properly..

The ICC2ed editor enhanced the game a load... So this is much better than nothing..

Neil Pickup

That's the general line I'm going along at the moment. It shouldn't be *too* hard to do.

I'm giving the weekend for people to make their minds up what they want the direction to be, then hopefully getting some work done next week.

gio

U19 Cricketer
I think everyone just wants to see some kind of editor for abilities and such. As soon as the structure is released, if ever, then a new editor would be good.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
That's the general line I'm going along at the moment. It shouldn't be *too* hard to do.

I'm giving the weekend for people to make their minds up what they want the direction to be, then hopefully getting some work done next week.
Nice one...

Eclipse

International Debutant
yeah might as well realese a half-baked editor for now.

as soon as more is known it can be enhanced.

DaveyHall777

School Boy/Girl Captain
This was mentioned earlier I think

Would a 'half baked' editor enable us to crack the bowling abitlities quicker. Simply by being able to change players abilities more quickly and test wholesale changes in sides

This would make the editor serve an even greater purpose than just satisfiying those of us who eagerly await the ability to change things!!

Neil Pickup

All that you could edit would be the values that we *think* are the players' abilities.

The true values are far, far more complex.

Of course, it may help by accident in the way you imply.