• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC2002 Editing Developments

gio

U19 Cricketer
Such quick response. Now thats dedication. Shame Empire couldn't show that same dedication.

Top stuff Neil, Will check it out tomorrow

NikhilN

International Regular
Bug....

When I set the back foot front foot thing it always resets to like two off back foot...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
hmm i just updated my magpie.exe file with the most recent (replacing the first one released) and now it comes up with an error box saying "file not found" when i try and open the database - i have a feeling i have missed something quite obvious. any help much appreciated :)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Neil as you know about previous career stats now, could you include an option to wipe the previous stats of a player? That way you could edit players properly, cheers

Cloete

International Captain
Yes, works with ICC 2000, 2001 and 2002 I believe. Because all three have the same sort of coding and stuff!

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Age - Have you decrypted the databases and set location?
Dave - Yeah, can do that. Will do :)
Cloete/Dylan - Yes, it works for ICC 2000-2002. Databases are the same format.

scottcraze

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Can I just ask neil what you hope the sections of the editor that arent complete will be able to do, i.e the squads and the images sections.

Neil Pickup

scottcraze said:
Can I just ask neil what you hope the sections of the editor that arent complete will be able to do, i.e the squads and the images sections.
Images won't do too much - just help you with sorting out updating player pictures and club logos, etc.

Squads should mean you can transfer (swap) players.

xixsoside

Cricket Spectator
galvatron20 said:
I have no idea how to set this thing up it says "Data file does not exist as datatb.1"

Anyone help me?
you have to convert datat.db - that is the file that has the players.

HTH

xixsoside

Cricket Spectator
Neil, I have a question.

Can the database be edited AFTER the game has started? As a save game.

Also is it possible for you to take the scrollers our and get numbers in. They look more precise and can be used for a better estimate for a batsman performance.

Finally anyways have any news on how to alter the fixtures. Would want to make the fixture list more crowded, too few a games especially if you play the Kiwis or Zimbabweans.

Thanks Neil, it has worked like a wonder for me so far.

Last edited:

scottcraze

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Does it fix the bowling averages bug because i just upgraded it and don't think that it does, however this could be largely to do with my utter villageness concerning computers and how they work?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
scottcraze said:
Does it fix the bowling averages bug because i just upgraded it and don't think that it does, however this could be largely to do with my utter villageness concerning computers and how they work?
Are you still using the same database as before? if you are you need to get the original database back (ie the originals) that should sort out the problems

Neil Pickup

xixsoside said:
Neil, I have a question.

Can the database be edited AFTER the game has started? As a save game.

Also is it possible for you to take the scrollers our and get numbers in. They look more precise and can be used for a better estimate for a batsman performance.

Finally anyways have any news on how to alter the fixtures. Would want to make the fixture list more crowded, too few a games especially if you play the Kiwis or Zimbabweans.

Thanks Neil, it has worked like a wonder for me so far.
Haven't looked into save editing or fixtures yet.

Will put some numbers in alongside the scrollers in the next release :)

xixsoside

Cricket Spectator
Neil Pickup said:
Haven't looked into save editing or fixtures yet.

Will put some numbers in alongside the scrollers in the next release :)
maybe I can help you out, while I am a good beginner programmer (conflicting eh) I don't have too much training of memory referencing, so if you get me started I can do some tic-tacs and see how it comes out.