• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC2002 Editing Developments

DaveyHall777

School Boy/Girl Captain
Neil Pickup said:
All that you could edit would be the values that we *think* are the players' abilities.

The true values are far, far more complex.

Of course, it may help by accident in the way you imply.
Do we know how many diffierent possible values there are that determine the bowling ability?
Do these only affect bowling or are they combined into the batting ability as well?

If we know the above then can we work out the total number of combinations there are for bowlers? - even if we don't know what each combination does or how it affects a player.

Not sure if these questions make complete sense.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's 158 different bit values that we've isolated that affect each players' attributes. About a third of these are accounted for - leaving about 100 that aren't :(

scottcraze

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Definately a half baked editor as long as it does create players and roughly improves or woresens players batting and bowling then thats fine.

Could u outline what this half baked editor is possible of please neil.

Cheers bud

DaveyHall777

School Boy/Girl Captain
Neil Pickup said:
There's 158 different bit values that we've isolated that affect each players' attributes. About a third of these are accounted for - leaving about 100 that aren't :(
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! :-O

DaveyHall777

School Boy/Girl Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Does the current editor enable us to change all of these bit values?

Neil Pickup

Changes the ones that we know what they mean and ignores the others.

A 'half-baked' job would only change 8-16 of the extra 100.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Hey Neil could you creat a copy function so I could say copy Kallis ability's and give them to say Shane Watson ?

They had that feature in the ICC editor for the origanal game and I used it all the time.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Would there be any chance of creating a new bowling type Slow Left Arm Chinaman, because all the SLC bowlers are SLA in the game, thanks.

Andre

International Regular
You turn them into leg-spinners. Hence, if they still retain their left-hand ability, they bowl left arm wrist spinners, although it will only say leg spin in the game. That's the way the ICC series has worked.

Neil Pickup

Eclipse said:
Hey Neil could you creat a copy function so I could say copy Kallis ability's and give them to say Shane Watson ?

They had that feature in the ICC editor for the origanal game and I used it all the time.
Possibly, but no promises!

imagine

School Boy/Girl Captain
my suggestion... wouldn't it be better to test the editor with the help of all the forum members? because when Neil first started the editor, most members didn't know how to edit using the hex editor, including me. but this way you would get a lot of feedback from playing the game after editing :happy:

DaveyHall777

School Boy/Girl Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Changes the ones that we know what they mean and ignores the others.

A 'half-baked' job would only change 8-16 of the extra 100.
Can the editor be designed to change the ones we don't know to find out the effect it has on players abilities? Or is this too complex to do?

Neil Pickup

Would require it to display lots of 0s and 1s and would most likely confuse rather than help.

Would also be tricky interface/space wise.

DaveyHall777

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nick is off on a working holiday for some time so may not get to work on it for a while.

We still await information on the code from empire but they don't seem to bothered about us. :@

Not a lot for the rest of us to do at the moment as far as I can tell.

DaveyHall777

School Boy/Girl Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
And Neil's definitely off, just to clear that up (Dave did a bit of a typo there!)
Oh yeah - Neil's off as well. Who is this Nick person anyway and what has he done to help?
:wacko: