• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC2002 Editing Developments

mikefenna

Cricket Spectator
Search Function

Neil - if you let me know what language you're using I'll have a stab at a search function... Or I can write one in pseudocode if you like?

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's in ObjectPascal as part of Delphi 3. I'm not sure that the clumsy way it's written will allow it to work, however.

mikefenna

Cricket Spectator
If you post in the code that does the current search, then I'll have a stab at rewriting it to allow any substring to be put in.....

Neil Pickup

I warn you, it's a big corner-cut!

procedure TMainForm.SearchClick(Sender: TObject);
var
x:integer;
begin
x:=PlayerList.Items.IndexOf(SearchText.Text);
PlayerList.ItemIndex:=x;
PlayerListClick(Sender);
end;

mikefenna

Cricket Spectator
Right...

Here's my stab, but I warn you, I've not done any Pascal for about 6 years, and I've never used Delphi - the bits I'm unsure about are whether or not ObjectPascal has a 'Pos' function (should return 0 if the first string isn't a substring of the second string), and also the 'Item' function on the PlayerList (presumably the listbox) which should return the String in the list at the specified position.

Let me know whether it works!

procedure TMainForm.SearchClick(Sender: TObject);
var
x:integer;
begin
x:=0;
while (Pos(SearchText.Text, PlayerList.Item(x))==0) do begin
x:=x+1;
end;
PlayerList.ItemIndex:=x;
PlayerListClick(Sender);
end;

Eclipse

International Debutant
straw said:
Need fixtures edited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well see what you can work out then.

most of us have already had a good look and it seems a fairly hard task..

We probably need help from empire to be honest..

DaveyHall777

School Boy/Girl Captain
What do people want to do with the fixtures?

Looking at the WC .fxt I can identify each game (42 matches for group stages and the 12 fixtures for the last rounds)

Now what?

SteveG

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
DaveyHall777 said:
What do people want to do with the fixtures?

Looking at the WC .fxt I can identify each game (42 matches for group stages and the 12 fixtures for the last rounds)

Now what?
Personally, I'd like to see the International Calender revamped. If its possible, I'd like to see if the game will allow the addition of Bangladesh, add a World Cup and ICC Trophy every fours and add in more test series. I don't think it can be done, but its worth a look.

rangers4ever

Cricket Spectator
has any1 had a crack at the training? nets and technique! i wpuld name my 3rd born child after the person who increases the 10 sessions!

Eclipse

International Debutant
get art money or another memory editing program and you can change the amount of coaching sessions.. I have done it before.

SteveG

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
SirBloody Idiot said:
I don't think that could be done at all without another game being made.

Especially with Bangladesh being added.
I agree about adding another International team, the coding would have to be drastically altered. But, changing the fixtures shouldn't be impossible.

Danno90

Cricket Spectator
I've followed all the instructions (to a tee!) and had a lot of success with the earlier versions of Magpie. However, with the new version i'm having problems with the squad editor. I can move players, save and re-encrypt the databases with no errors whatsoever. I launch ICC (2002 on XP with all SPs) and start fine. When I check the squad via the coaching/physio allocation I can see my new squad. However, when I actaully select my team, all i can see is my old squad, prior to editting, with only my new O/S player added! Weird! Anyone any ideas? I've re-installled it twice and the same thing happens!
Thanks!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I dont know whether you know this but i figure that the program must access the team database every time you load a game - because if say i edit the datatabase to rename Middlesex as Cricket Web for example, any saved game i access then has Middlesex replaced by Cricket Web - all the players are as normal, which leads to me to the conclusion of the access.

Neil Pickup

superkingdave said:
I dont know whether you know this but i figure that the program must access the team database every time you load a game - because if say i edit the datatabase to rename Middlesex as Cricket Web for example, any saved game i access then has Middlesex replaced by Cricket Web - all the players are as normal, which leads to me to the conclusion of the access.
I guessed that much from when Surrey metamorphosed into Lincolnshire in my 2020s save game, but thanks anyway.

Neil Pickup

Danno90 said:
I've followed all the instructions (to a tee!) and had a lot of success with the earlier versions of Magpie. However, with the new version i'm having problems with the squad editor. I can move players, save and re-encrypt the databases with no errors whatsoever. I launch ICC (2002 on XP with all SPs) and start fine. When I check the squad via the coaching/physio allocation I can see my new squad. However, when I actaully select my team, all i can see is my old squad, prior to editting, with only my new O/S player added! Weird! Anyone any ideas? I've re-installled it twice and the same thing happens!
Thanks!
Sorry about the late reply - didn't notice that you'd posted.

I have a small idea as to why this might possibly happen, but I'd need to know a bit more about the raw code that's been changed - something's clearly not quite right with this bit of the program, but I can't for the life of me work out what.

Either add me to MSN (minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com) or e-mail me the savegame and DB in question (N dot S dot Pickup at exeter dot ac dot uk) and I'll investigate further soon-ish.

rangers4ever

Cricket Spectator
Eclipse get art money or another memory editing program and you can change the amount of coaching sessions.. I have done it before.

i have artmoney but would like to know how u did it as when i search it comes up with 90000 finds. do u change the type to integer , float or all.
and what do you search for coach: 8 or sessions anyhelp would be gratefull.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks!
I had this problem aswell.

What it is, any player who is in the default XI will start off there.

All I had to do was to interchange them with others and they more than likely disappear.

Hoggy31

International Captain
can some1 tell me how to use artmoney to edit the amount of coaching and physio sessions. thankyou

Last edited: