• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC2002 Editing Developments

Danno90

Cricket Spectator
Sir Bloody Idiot, you are correct.. I just 'dropped' the players I removed and they then dissappear altogether! Not a big issue once you realise what's going on.

I'm curious about the O/S situation. As Essex, I've changed the Flowers' nationalities to 'no country', and have added Kaneria & Pollock as my 2 O/S. Come the end of the season, when I try to hire new O/S, will it tell me I can only have one per club?

Thanks

p.s. Keep up the fantastic work guys! Neil, don't waste your time with my above problem, I'm sure there are more useful areas of the game you're trying to crack!

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The issue is that there's a separate list of data for the first XI at each club which I ignored when editing as I didn't think it would matter - quite clearly, it does, but if they clear off when you drop them then it's not too important!

You'll only be able to keep one of those four overseas players (no country counts as overseas) - You ought to change the Flowers to English if you want to hang on to them! In one of the previous versions, Lancashire had Joe Scuderi as a second overseas player (EU parent rules) but couldn't keep him, and this continues past the end of season one here.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
In one of the previous versions, Lancashire had Joe Scuderi as a second overseas player (EU parent rules) but couldn't keep him, and this continues past the end of season one here.
Ditto Gregor Maiden IIRC

andrew_nixon

Cricket Spectator
I did a bit of experimenting with overseas players from the non-test nations (plus Bangladesh)

This applies to ICC2002, not sure about 2000 and 2001.

Dutch and Scottish players do not count as overseas players, and you can keep them after the first season. If you try adding a Canadian player, they will be on international duty after their first season. Namibian, Kenyan and Bangladesh players behave as normal.

However..... if you have two (or more I assume) overseas players in your squad, it would appear that you can keep them both if you conclude contract negotiations with them AT THE SAME TIME. In other words just give them whatever they ask for, and you'll keep them. I've tried this 4 times with different nationalities and it's worked every time.

ICC Fan

Cricket Spectator
I can understand why Scottish players don't count as overseas players, but Dutch players? Why does this occur?

andrew_nixon

Cricket Spectator
ICC Fan said:
I can understand why Scottish players don't count as overseas players, but Dutch players? Why does this occur?
Anybody with a EU passport can not be prevented from working anywhere within the EU. So any restriction on players from the EU would be illegal.

Cloete

International Captain
How do we reset our database? Is there any quick way? Or can you just chuck soem files up here?

ICC Fan

Cricket Spectator
Something else I'm interested to know is regarding photos of new players. If I add myself to the database, is it possible to have a photo of me when I play ICC?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Indeed - add a photo of yourself to the PHOTOS folder of the ICC folder, save it as a bmp file with the following name "<surname> <initials>.bmp"

For example, if the name is SC Vimes, it'd be called "Vimes SC.bmp"

ICC Fan

Cricket Spectator
Samuel_Vimes said:
Indeed - add a photo of yourself to the PHOTOS folder of the ICC folder, save it as a bmp file with the following name "<surname> <initials>.bmp"

For example, if the name is SC Vimes, it'd be called "Vimes SC.bmp"
Cheers mate, thanks for that.

scottcraze

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I know you said you didnt know anything about budgets yet but i wondered if you knew the reason to this occurance. I over wrote Northants with another team and their basic budget went down to 630,000. I transfered cork, loye and hooper to lancashire and their basic budget went up to 810,000. Any ideas why?

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
scottcraze said:
I know you said you didnt know anything about budgets yet but i wondered if you knew the reason to this occurance. I over wrote Northants with another team and their basic budget went down to 630,000. I transfered cork, loye and hooper to lancashire and their basic budget went up to 810,000. Any ideas why?
In a word, No :D

scottcraze

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Ok ive just added Martin Love, Bilal Shafayat and Usman Afzaal to Northants and thier basic budget has gone up to 950,000. I'm guessing the more players you have the higher ur budget will be, so in effect you could have a huge budget then get rid of all the players you dont want at the end of season draft and buy up all the good players and still have enough money for other things, basically its a cheat. I was also thinking maybe the players have a hidden reputation stat and this is whats controlling how much money a team has? This may all be complete rubbish though.