• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC2002 Editing Developments

NikhilN

International Regular
I am having a bit of prob with squad editing.I edited kents squad and removed a few players and added a few players.Now I removed symonds and replaced him with Glenn McGrath.Now when I start the game Andrew is still there and there is no McGrath, but the rest of the players I traded are still there.Any idea at all guys? And why are there still a few teams missing in the squad editing?

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Vande Mataram said:
I am having a bit of prob with squad editing.I edited kents squad and removed a few players and added a few players.Now I removed symonds and replaced him with Glenn McGrath.Now when I start the game Andrew is still there and there is no McGrath, but the rest of the players I traded are still there.Any idea at all guys? And why are there still a few teams missing in the squad editing?
My guess would be that you forgot to save it.

They're the only squads available to edit in the game - CC teams, minor counties, and those that England play in warmups for their tours in the winter.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
If you have a saved game with a team name that has been edited, then to be able to play that saved games you have to keep the team as that name.

Ie you cant change Lancashire to Dave's Team, start a game save it , change it back to Lancashire and still play as Dave's team in your saved game

Neil Pickup

Vande Mataram said:
if I didnt save it how would the rest of the the players I traded showed up?
I assume you meant that you did up to Symonds, saved, then added McGrath.

Anyway, I've changed the way transfers work a little bit today (to fix what we nicknamed the "Michael Powell Bug" - basically if you moved a player who had the same name as another it got confused - so it may work in the next upload.

It's also possible to add histories for other game formats now, I'm well pleased with that bit. I'll release the next build once another new bug (this one concerning the catches and stumpings) is fixed.

I think that's the last one... for now :)

thefish

Cricket Spectator
Might just be me but since i started editing all the players in the highlights graphic sequences have gone white. Its kind of weird playing a white Windies. Any ideas?

Neil Pickup

We've got no idea which offsets change the ethnicity of the players... but there obviously is one.

Hmm - I'll compare the WI players' settings pre-edit to post-edit...

Eclipse

International Debutant
I Have not tested this new version yet but I noticed with the previous version that if you edit a players name you have to save the database and re-open it again before you can move that player into a diffrent squad other wise it screws things up.

andrew_nixon

Cricket Spectator
OK, I ran the latest version, changed a few players round the counties, started a new game and......... nothing, everything was as it was. The database shows up as I edited it in Magpie, just not in the game. Any ideas?

andrew_nixon

Cricket Spectator
Not to worry, I figured it out.... maybe I can get a brain transplant that will enable me to remember to re-encrypt the database :blink:

Neil Pickup

Eclipse said:
I Have not tested this new version yet but I noticed with the previous version that if you edit a players name you have to save the database and re-open it again before you can move that player into a diffrent squad other wise it screws things up.
Yeah, same bug here, Eclipse. Will get onto it.

Andrew, if you put the decrypt.bat and encrypt.bat files in the same directory as ICC and Magpie, then it will encrypt/decrypt for you.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Just a suggestion Neil could you improve the search function by any chance? trying to spell some of those Sri Lankan name's is annoying as hell.

DJellett

International Debutant
andrew_nixon said:
OK, I ran the latest version, changed a few players round the counties, started a new game and......... nothing, everything was as it was. The database shows up as I edited it in Magpie, just not in the game. Any ideas?
ANDREW OR ANYONE - what was the solution...

Same prob here....:s