• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC2002 Editing Developments

Hoggy31

International Captain
i tried creating a leg spinner for england but his List A bowling stats never work and i updated Harmison's List A stats and it only came up with Overs and Runs, Wickets and the rest were zero.
Anyway great job Neil, your a legend, keep it up :D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
one small thing, when i first opened it it would not let me look at the stats of any edited player, or any other player without a photo, said could not open mrundo$$.bmp it just would not open their stats - easily fixed in paint creating a file by that name and the right size though.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's a blank file of that name with ICC 2002, so that's what I was working off.

Probably just a backward-compatibility issue. I couldn't find the BMP of the black head and shoulders that it uses for rookies...

Eclipse

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
Shouldn't happen (obviously). List A are the last stats it writes, but I can't see why it would neglect to write them (or does it just half-write them?)

I'm going to reset my databases to default soon because they're so heavily messed around with, I don't know whether these flaws are there due to current Magpie code, or the edits that the very first builds of Magpie made and are now coming to the surface...
It happen's to some players and not others including players I have never edited.

I remember almost every player in england had ether no list A bowling stats or had all the list A stats exept wickets.

Another bug thats not really importaint is second XI stats sometimes get compleatly screwed up but I doubt anyone cares about them anyway.

If you want I will get some screen shots but ether way great job so far :D

Neil Pickup

Yeah, I've got the problem of screwed up stats going on here as well.

Ashley Giles has no List A wickets, but 783 five-fers.

Anyway... done a lot of work on the squads/transfers today, and that's nearly finished. When that's done I'm going to add the "Copy Player" button (easy), and try to fix the stats (less so)...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I can edit player names etc but when I go to change their records and then save it says this: " is not a valid integer value.

any ideas?

gio

U19 Cricketer
What are these major bugs that you are referring to, sam? Would it be player abilties? or Stats? Is there any hope of sorting out player abilties without the help of Dan/Empire?

Neil Pickup

The confusion in the stats I'm getting close to, but it all went badky wrong tonight. It's just a case of badly written code doing a cack-handed job of it.

I'll get there!

Neil Pickup

Hoggy31 said:
you guys are doing a great job, well done

one question: what does the copy button do?
Try it and see :)

It copies another player's stats and attributes onto the currently selected player. Eclipse requested it several pages ago!

imagine

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally Posted by Tim
I can edit player names etc but when I go to change their records and then save it says this: " is not a valid integer value.

-------
I get the same error in icc 2001. Name, initials etc save fine. but if i change Career History (change numbers or reset) i get the error : " is not a valid integer value.

DJellett

International Debutant
Yes I have the same prob in Magpie editing ICC2001.
Also the records etc go haywire after it comes up. :@

Hoggy31

International Captain
To stop it from saying Cannot open file C:\...\photos\mrund$$.bmp when magpie goes on a player without a photo put this in your photos file:

Attachments

Neil Pickup

I suggest that all of you with the invalid integer problems download the following DBs and start from there:

http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/dataT.db
http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/dataP.db

OR

Change your system language settings (control panel) to English (UK).

Also, Magpie is updated so that it doesn't make a horrific mess of the career stats. Well, for updated read "recoded". It was quite shocking. Next up - trying to make it so that you can add career figures.

http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/magpie.exe