• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC2002 Editing Developments

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As Håkon says, it's the database limitation of 2048 wickets.

Take any more, and it resets to none (see the Chivers screenshot(s) in the Records thread).

imagine

School Boy/Girl Captain
one little prob, when entering high score for a player career history, the not out remains if it was there before, or something like it.

bug #2
if player has no record for the specific type, eg. Nathan Bracken has test history as blank, so i tried to add records to his career, data not saved.

Last edited:

Eclipse

International Debutant
A bug..

It may have been mentioned that after a few saves often a players OD bowling stats just compleatly disapear of the face of the earth for no reason??

This was happening to me with the older version as well.

sheep dog

Cricket Spectator
Hi everone, I have been wrking on finding out how to make bolwers world class and i belive i hav found the answer. I used Bresnan as my test player and changed his bowling stats to g.McGrath's using hex editor eg. i changed this is the changeed line of bresnan ablity's 04 50 B0 24 56 66 18 09 05 B8 91 04 00 . The 3 that are in bold are all bowling ability changing(first one is skill, second one is type of bowler, third one is ecom.). It is the two that are under lined wich made the differance. I have testede this by putting G.McGrath is the Yorks team and seeing which one bowls better so far Bresnan is doing better. anyway I hope this helps and is the answer to the bowling mystery. 8-)

Neil Pickup

sheep dog said:
Hi everone, I have been wrking on finding out how to make bolwers world class and i belive i hav found the answer. I used Bresnan as my test player and changed his bowling stats to g.McGrath's using hex editor eg. i changed this is the changeed line of bresnan ablity's 04 50 B0 24 56 66 18 09 05 B8 91 04 00 . The 3 that are in bold are all bowling ability changing(first one is skill, second one is type of bowler, third one is ecom.). It is the two that are under lined wich made the differance. I have testede this by putting G.McGrath is the Yorks team and seeing which one bowls better so far Bresnan is doing better. anyway I hope this helps and is the answer to the bowling mystery. 8-)
AFAIK offset 9 (05) affects wicketkeeping and the 10th (B0) has a slight mod on bowlskill... you'd have to do more detailed research to prove anything.

sheep dog

Cricket Spectator
Ok Neil one question if you were to give a pace bowler full bowling skill which offsets would you change and what would you change them to. :huh:

Neil Pickup

I don't know.

What we use at present is offset 10 to xF and offset 11 to 1x or 9x (left/right hand).

The Xs we don't understand as yet - they don't seem to make any difference, but they must change something.

sheep dog

Cricket Spectator
Ok thanks Neil i have another question with the 10 off set is xF the maxium? If so then why is G.McGrath's at B8 ? :wacko:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Bug.

Whenever I try to play a game, it says Run Time Error of some sort...only happens when I edit players' names. Any ideas?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Good old Run time error. Happened all the time during testing cos we had no idea what we were messing about with...I'd say it's because magpie doesn't count characters correctly, might be wrong there though...

Edit: Not magpies problem, apparently. Maybe some strange things in the database.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Tried editing someone's name - had no problems.

Only guess is it's a composite edit that confuses it, try recreating it and if it's something consistent that you're doing, then something's up. Make sure the decyption/encryption completes properly, though, and that the file sizes are 769KB (dataT) and 29KB (dataP).

Have done some more updates - a few cosmetic tweaks here and there, fixed the issue with not outs in career histories, and added player photo and club badge viewing facilities (and hence got rid of the images tab). As for creating histories in game forms that aren't yet there - I'm not sure it's possible with the current code structure that I use. Will look into it after I've done squads, but it could lead to a total loss of alignment in my other variables, and screw the whole lot up. Or I might just have omitted it out of laziness, like I did with the not outs...

Squad editing is coming along in my mind and in test builds, too.

Neil Pickup

Eclipse said:
A bug..

It may have been mentioned that after a few saves often a players OD bowling stats just compleatly disapear of the face of the earth for no reason??

This was happening to me with the older version as well.
Shouldn't happen (obviously). List A are the last stats it writes, but I can't see why it would neglect to write them (or does it just half-write them?)

I'm going to reset my databases to default soon because they're so heavily messed around with, I don't know whether these flaws are there due to current Magpie code, or the edits that the very first builds of Magpie made and are now coming to the surface...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Tried editing someone's name - had no problems.

Only guess is it's a composite edit that confuses it, try recreating it and if it's something consistent that you're doing, then something's up. Make sure the decyption/encryption completes properly, though, and that the file sizes are 769KB (dataT) and 29KB (dataP).
It works fine, except whenever I edit names (tried 5 times now) it says Runtime Error. As I said, no matter, I can just edit names in game.