• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC2002 Editing Developments

Langeveldt

Soutie
Glad to see the ball is at least rolling, albeit slowly...

Good luck with finding what this number means... Id give some suggestions if i had any, Injury proneness?? Morale?? Coaching Effects??

gio

U19 Cricketer
If abilities are sorted, could an editor be released with this feature included? I don't know about anyone else, but the one and only reason i wanted the editor was to play with the correct England squad. :D

If that isn't possible, how are you getting on with that single offset? Still needing help?

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm unable to complete an editor as I cannot write the data back as the file because I don't know how to define this offset.

I'll try to show some examples.

DaveyHall777

School Boy/Girl Captain
A quick look at the code gives this

There are a few people at the start of the code who do not have first names eg A. Fuller, K. Burton etc. They have a value 00 80 03

The code for these people go from 0 to approx 120C the last person being S. Lumet

After this there are also some people without first names and these have 00 80 02

All other players seems to have 02 at the end of the string

Does anyone know if any other values are used? I checked quite a number of players randomly.

Does it refer to youth players?

Don't know if this helps.

Neil Pickup

As far as I'm aware it defines the number of extra lines of career history data [so K Burton et al have 00 (0 career) + 80 (0 last season) + 03 (3 extra)].

If it's definite that all the other guys are wx yz 02 for both batting and bowling (the second batch of these three offsets in their record), then I should be able to get cracking again.

Neil Pickup

I don't see any good reason why they should need extra lines of career data - that's the problem, but that 02/03 indicates that they are there.

DaveyHall777

School Boy/Girl Captain
Neil Pickup said:
I don't see any good reason why they should need extra lines of career data - that's the problem, but that 02/03 indicates that they are there.
You get 02/03 for batting data but you get 00 for bowling data and maybe 03 if I have worked out P. Samson (Second person in the list - 170 onwards)

Is there any information about stats for 2nd team performances

Eclipse

International Debutant
I have not been able to have a look at the DB just recently because I had to go out and by a new hard drive because my old one died.

I have not re-installed ICC yet but my question is has anyone figured out what determinds player skin colour? could this be the unknown offset?? I doubt it but just a quick thought.

what about second team avrages?? they are stored for each player I know that however you can only view them at the team selection page.

Neil Pickup

Eclipse said:
I have not been able to have a look at the DB just recently because I had to go out and by a new hard drive because my old one died.

I have not re-installed ICC yet but my question is has anyone figured out what determinds player skin colour? could this be the unknown offset?? I doubt it but just a quick thought.

what about second team avrages?? they are stored for each player I know that however you can only view them at the team selection page.
Could be that, however I think I've managed to get a work-around as it stands - can't promise statistic history editing yet but fingers crossed I should get attributes to load very soon.

gio

U19 Cricketer
That would be absolutely fantastic. I'm not all that bothered about stats editing, the attributes would do just fine!

Best of luck neil.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
Could be that, however I think I've managed to get a work-around as it stands - can't promise statistic history editing yet but fingers crossed I should get attributes to load very soon.

Brilliant stuff neil!

Cloete

International Captain
Aye, great stuff neil keep up teh good work can't wait till we can update the db :wub: :biggrin:

Neil Pickup

About time, too..

OK, I've spent 4-5 hours on this today [okay, they were in the back seat of our car and I had nothing else to do, but, still...]

Now you can load our best guesses for the player attributes for all 1,649 players in the ICC database. You can't edit any of them - so don't try. What I would like as many people to do as possible is to go through the loaded files and spot inconsistencies between what magpie thinks and what's in the game.

Download it here: http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/magpie.exe

One major worry that I have is that our supposed crack of bowling abilities doesn't seem like it bears out at all - so I'd like as much feedback as possible so that we can look at where it goes wrong. The other attributes, I'm fairly sure they're right - but I haven't checked thoroughly.

The search facility is not very good - it's the first time I've tried something like this and it's not been coded to support searches (i.e. it was an afterthought when I realised the default order was pretty random). You need to type in the full name of the player as Magpie displays it (i.e. Hayden, Matthew, Cairns, Chris or Jones, Geraint) and then hit Search. Clumsy, but it's better than nothing.

gio

U19 Cricketer
Vey nice work Neil! If look at the bowlers like McGrath, they have top bowing abaility, but so do Ricaldo Anderson (Northants) and Kevin Dean (Derbys), while their "stock/strike" bowler rating is slightly different. Brett Lee on the other hand doesn't have top bowling ability and about the same stock/strike rating. But lee, from what i can remember, performs better than Lee does on the int'l scene. I'm not really sure if it's correct or not.

Neil Pickup

Well, Ricaldo Anderson is the only bowler that I've ever had take 100 wickets in a season in my team!

Just to clarify, "strike" bowlers will take more wickets at a higher economy rate than "stock" bowlers, with similar averages. No front line bowlers should have high strike ratings, these should be the preserve of part-time "partnership breakers".

I'd guess that Cloete's Ian Chivers has a very high strike rating!

gio

U19 Cricketer
Neil Pickup said:
Well, Ricaldo Anderson is the only bowler that I've ever had take 100 wickets in a season in my team!

Just to clarify, "strike" bowlers will take more wickets at a higher economy rate than "stock" bowlers, with similar averages. No front line bowlers should have high strike ratings, these should be the preserve of part-time "partnership breakers".

I'd guess that Cloete's Ian Chivers has a very high strike rating!
But how does Anderson play at international level? Also, if they are the top bowlers, how do some people get these freak players with averages of, for example, 18 at test level, and 13 in FC cricket when theres no further to go in terms of ability.

----

Some other bowlers with top abaility are Sami and Caddick - bowlers who haven't done amazing things in ICC

Last edited:

DaveyHall777

School Boy/Girl Captain
gio said:
how do some people get these freak players with averages of, for example, 18 at test level, and 13 in FC cricket when theres no further to go in terms of ability.
Perhaps they cheat!